Andy's Bandit Buggy

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
percymon
Approved
First real R/C car: Missed out on RC as a kid, now at the wrong side of forty I'm more than making up !

Re: Andy's Bandit Buggy

Post by percymon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Good work Andy :thumbsup:

Glad to see the Traxxas is earning its keep. Not sure you'd be doing any better if you'd gone down the TRF201 or AE B4 route looking at your results.

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Great racing Sunday!
Had some good qualifying, including winning one, and got TQ!
Had to be happy with 3rd, as I just could not carve though traffic after a crash.

But the big thing was I found out having a big wing on a bandit matters!
I was told they are so heavy that the wing in meaningless.... well not true!
Took the red body and small wing off in favor of the old stock (blue) body and wing.... wow!

That 5700kv motor had the bandit making full use of the long straight and pulling wheelies at times, rear traction was back!

andymac0035
Site Admin

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:20 am

Had another great Sunday with the Bandit!
Got another podium finish with a solid 2nd place. I was chasing the leader close for a while, but had 2 crashes I could not make up for. Guy that won is good, and was running a 22..... same guy that had the B5 I was all over previously. ..... guess he was feeling the pressure. :mrgreen:

The track is getting rough with the weather and temp changes playing havoc with the dirt/clay floor. The Bandit's heavy weight is actually helping and so is it's overly long wheelbase, which is technically longer than roar allows.... but... it's stock for a bandit. Owner says he ain't gonna say anything to me unless people complain.... BUT.... if your a losi/AE/TD/ect owner and complaining that a Bandit is kicking your arse... umm... yeah.... nobodies playing that card as of yet...

Most people just get a kick out of watching it go, and marveling that a bandit can hook and handle like that at all.
It is a really good feeling too.... making a bandit competitive.... one of the new guys was saying he's take it no problem.... one of the regulars who is also in the class was like... "no.... that things fast... I can't catch it".... :mrgreen:

JKRacing37
Approved
First real R/C car: Tamiya Lunchbox

Post by JKRacing37 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Nice job!! Love reading these updates. =D>

andymac0035
Site Admin

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:01 am

The Bandit got yet another podium finish (3rd) today. I was running 2nd and battling to hold off a kyosho RB5. While we were duking it out the leader was getting away, and since I didn't think I could catch him, I deciding to stop battling and let the kyosho go. Wish I let him go sooner, I think he might have caught him, but I wanted to win..... LOL

The track went away from me as the day went on, in the opening round of qualifying I was at my fastest and won round #1.

andymac0035
Site Admin

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:48 am

Well, I feel good that I took a bandit, a buggy that most say can't be raced competitively... and did just that, but my time with the bandit has come to an end.

I had someone make me an offer I could not refuse for it last week... actually i did sleep on it, but still, it was an offer I would have been crazy to let pass by... a 2nd time.... yeah, he asked once before.

I did have him drive it first, he liked it, so I sold it to him. I know this guy, as I race with him every week, and he takes care of his stuff, so I'm happy about that. He's been watching the bandit race every week, and wanted to get into the class.

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:21 am

Sweet! Glad it worked out Andy. What are you getting to replace it?
Jeff

andymac0035
Site Admin

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:41 am

I am going back into the stock slash class. (just ordered a new one)
However... I am also reconsidering getting that tamiya DT-03 buggy I originally wanted and seeing if I can make that competitive as well.