SFC K's HPI Blitz

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: SFC K's HPI Blitz

Post by SFC K » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 am

You see what is on the other side? More walls and no gap. :shock: That could have been bad.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 am

I see a single gap in there, but yeah, I get it.
You'd just have to swerve really good after threading that needle! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Well I am stuck up at Camp Ripley, MN again for the week so after training was over I took my Blitz out for a thrashing! Man this truck keeps coming back for more. I did not bring my spare parts bin either. :roll:

What surprises me is how much air this get's from a curb. On initial take off it does not look like much, but then it keeps going up. Pretty impressive for such a short run up to the ramp. Keep in mind I was driving and taking the photo's at the same time. :D

Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 pm

And some more...

Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't think you put up enough pics......how about a few more.... :P :lol:

Pretty good hang time there, I bet you wish you had a skate board ramp handy. :wink:

I'm probably the only one noticing the old Ford in the first pic......

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

LOL! Yeah, that truck has been here for a long time. It is used to haul all the card board from the Chow halls to the recycling center.

Sorry about all the pictures, they were all sequenced and I didn’t want to take away from that showing the start up and the end....

No, I don't think a skate board ramp would have been as fun. I think it was launching far enough just from the curb... :lol:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Haven't you learned by now.......if you didn't break it you weren't having as much fun as you could have.
Just look at me and all the fun I've had.......oh wait, that might not be the best example as of late....... :lol:

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 am

I think you must of have spilt some red bull on it because it has wings. great shots of it in the air > :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm

:shock: , what is this? Something isn't right.... #-o

Jeff

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:49 pm

That's a common problem on the blitz. Look at your arm and you can see its splitting in half by the hinge pin. The plasyic is pulling apart internally. This happens often on the stock plastic arms after they take a ton of abuse. The driveshaft pops out just a hair like 1mm and then when it goes to slid back in it ends up hitting the drive up instead and shears off.

Do you plan on racing it? They're pretty good racers as well. I raced mine for a couple years. I have been looking to get it running again for the winter season coming up.

I use the ese arms and Strc steering bellcranks on mine. I've been trying to find a nib ese pro to race. Than get the really note hpi steering kit for it.

Looks like you had a blast running yours in Kuwait. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh, I see what you are talking about. I took it down off the shelf and took another look. It is just a scrape from all the running. It's not cracked at all. I have a whole set of ESE parts waiting to go on but I need to break something first before I do the switch over for the whole chassis. I have the HPI steering set up in it and ESE ball cups up front for the steering which is now tighter.

What I think happened was the slipper was too tight. The truck does wheelies on command with the Havoc combo in it. I think the torque twisted it right off with the combination of the super sticky tires on pavement.

I met up with one of the guy's over RC10talk today and we had a bash session with our sons. I brought my SXC-10, Blitz, and MERV. I got to run his sons Slash and his RC8 on 4s with the Tekin 1/8th combo in it! Holy frickin fast!!!!!
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 pm

What I think happened was the slipper was too tight. The truck does wheelies on command with the Havoc combo in it.
Ya' think..... :roll: :wink:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Hahaha an sc8 on 4s would be insane.

Good luck breaking something on the Blitz again. I've never broken anything. I've upgraded just to get the truck tighter for the track.

Do you have an aluminum servo horn? I have a hot bodies one that's 1.5mm longer than stock and it gives so much more steering.
SFC K is my hero!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 am

andymac0035 wrote:
What I think happened was the slipper was too tight. The truck does wheelies on command with the Havoc combo in it.
Ya' think..... :roll: :wink:
It really wasn't that tight but it will pull wheelies. it has been set up this way since my Kuwait days last year. I'm guessing the dog bone fairies wanted it.... :mrgreen:
vwjuice wrote:Hahaha an sc8 on 4s would be insane.

Good luck breaking something on the Blitz again. I've never broken anything. I've upgraded just to get the truck tighter for the track.

Do you have an aluminum servo horn? I have a hot bodies one that's 1.5mm longer than stock and it gives so much more steering.
What is funny Juice is those were aftermarket axles (MIP) that broke. I still have the originals so technically I still have not broken the truck... :wink:
Jeff

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:31 am

Hahaha. The Blitz is a decent racer, but the one thing it is amazing at is durability. I don't know if Andy could even break it. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!