HPI Sprint 2 Flux- Bandit 1

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: The Bandit 1

Post by SFC K » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 am

charliechristmas58 wrote:may of what year. and i dont get it anymore. so post some photos. :D

May of this year silly... :wink: Let me see if I can scan the page...
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:52 am

I hope this works.

Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 am

You did a good job on that HPI savage x. I like the looks of that truck.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:01 am

charliechristmas58 wrote:You did a good job on that HPI savage x. I like the looks of that truck.
:shock: :?

:lol: Man you had their for a minute...You do know it is the trans am.... :lol:
Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 am

YEA I KNOWS THAT. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PULL YPUR LEG ABIT. :lol: :lol: :lol: CONGRADS ON MAKING IT IN THE BIG TIMES. DONT FORGET ABOUT US LITTLE GUYS. :lol: maybe i should sent in my cooper. hum maybe :?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

NOUSEFORANAME
Approved Member

Post by NOUSEFORANAME » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Cool 8)

I haven't bought an RC mag for awhile,
might have to pick this one up :wink:

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 am

SFC K wrote:They do look nice...I would like to get some gold centered rims for this...but have not found ones I like with the deep offset.

If you are interested, Tecnacraft is making a comeback. The original owner is planning to make a new run of vintage style wheels. The gold centered wheels would look sweet on your T/A. 8)

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13647
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 am

Sweet! Thanks!
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 am

That is really nice!
I didn't fully realize why you liked the 72' T/A body so much that I put on my clod. Now I understand.
Sadly, I had to take it off the clod today. I broke one of the rear mounts for it. But it's not done for yet.....my father-in-law is going to try putting it onto one of his Rustlers.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks! That is to bad you broke it. Maybe you could get one of these. It will be lighter and take a beating. :wink:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:42 am

The body didn't break actually (although it's not far from it). One of the original mounts (inside) broke. I had promised it to my F-I-L as he wanted the lights for the Gravedigger body he's working on. But he liked the T/A so much he wants to save it and put it on one of his Rustlers.

I actually have had bad luck with lexan bodies on clods (I don't know why). My 1st clod never broke the original body. I bought a lexan ford truck body....got it all painted up and broke it on the 1st run (not extreem terrain either, just a simple flip-over). One of the rear corners where the bed meets the tailgate split in a couple spots "cracking" all the way forward past the wheelwell.....I couldn't beleave it (and this was a bone-stock clod). That was when I put a Blackfoot body on it. Most of that clods life (while I had it) was with the Blackfoot body on it.

Anyway, I know yours won't suffer a simular fate. If I ever see another 72' scale body I'll know who to tell about it.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:51 am

Yeah if you see another one let me know. :wink: Hopefully your F-I-L will save it and mount it up on the Rustler. I wonder what it would look like though? The Rustler seems smaller than a Clod.

So have you decided on a new body than or you going back to the stock Clod?
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 am

Actually the Rustler seems to have a slightly longer wheelbase, but he likes old musclecars and seems pretty determined to make it work. If he saw the Bandit body he's want that too as black is his favorite color.

I have the stock lid back on my clod for now, but I don't want to keep jacking your thread, so I'll post about it on mine. :wink:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:00 am

So today I got home a little late from work and started getting dinner ready. Door bell rings and the UPS man dropped a box off on the front step; seemed odd because I wasn’t expecting anything. It was covered in HPI tape and was addressed to me. But first let’s back up a minute.

So remember when I won the RC Car Action Readers Ride of the month? We I never received the free Novak motor that I was supposed to get. I have been emailing back and forth with the marketing team since. Well last week I remembered that I still had not received my prize and sent another e-mail. Found out that Novak was not going to honor the certificate because it was so long ago that I won (Jan 2010). Anyway, Emil responded back to me right away and asked what kind of RCs I had, projects I was working on and my address. No response back again.

Back to today. I was so anxious to see what was in the box; I turned the stove off and started tearing into the box.

Here is what was inside!

I was so shocked I was sweating when I found the HPI Blitz in the bottom of the box. I could not believe it when Emil from RCCA told me that he was going to send me a better prize then a motor. I thought I was going to get a T-short shirt and some hop up stuff for one of my many RC’s. Boy I was wrong!

Any way I am so super excited it hurts. :lol: I am going to run out tomorrow and get a Thank you card and let them know how I feel about the awesome prizes. I’m still in shock!
Jeff

TomT
Approved Member

Post by TomT » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:21 am

That's awesome man.
Go buy a lottery ticket :lol:
TomT

Indiana Jones: "...It's not the years, but the mileage..."