My collection so far...

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and other off-road vehicles here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Re: My collection so far...

Post by Diamond Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 am

Hey VW! You only have a few hours left if you are going to get one this year.... ya I know. Couldn't help myself.

I would like to have one as well. Very cool look to it.

Happy new year all.

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Well a little update..

Durango DEX210 sold to a TamiyaClub memenr who wants to use 60% of it to build a front wheel drive racing buggy (mirroring a long running project posted on Oople.com form) - I'd considered it myself, but i'd had the DEX for over 3 years sat on display and wasn't likely to sink time and money into such a conversion.

TRF501X sold via eBay hopefully to an enthusastic RC club racer :D

Gmade R1 crawler (run for 5 minutes on the lawn) also sold via eBay

And this week I offloaded my NIB TRF201 kit - another one thats sat in the store room, cellophane wrapped for far too long without any action.

I think that gets me down to ca 34 models so i'm not exactly devoid of models !

It's not all outgoing though; I finally decided to buy a set of the incredible reproduction Hilux tires from peterwl on eBay - they are unbelieveable in detail accuracy , mould and rubber quality and just their awesome freshness =D> =D> =D>

Hope to have those fitted to the old girl soon.

ratpower396
Approved Member

Post by ratpower396 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Very nice

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

One less in the collection, sold my NIB Egress 2013 re-release last night. I might regret it down the line, but I still have my original (100% from original kit, not one replacement screw even) and the Egress i built from parts in 2012 (I like to think i showed Tamiya they could do it again lol!!) and Tamiya are due to release another Egress kit this year - possibly just a new batch of the 2013 re-re but maybe some subtle differences again ?

The good news is that I made about $160 on it, just leaving it in the store room for 4 years - the benefit of a decent Yen exchange rate and no import duties back in 2013 i suppose.

Progress on the SRBs is slow, almost glacial it has to be said - i have wet sanded the Scorcher body, but now needs polishing , body parts and glass adding and the panels lines added with Kyosho micron tape.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Can you send me a link to the tires? My buddy is rebuilding a Bruiser that he got from me and was looking for tires. 8)
Jeff

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 am

SFC K wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 pm
Can you send me a link to the tires? My buddy is rebuilding a Bruiser that he got from me and was looking for tires. 8)
These are the Hilux ones..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tires-set-fo ... 2749.l2649

Same seller also does the Blazing Blazer/Wild Willy tyres reproduced tires too - not currently listed though.

I see he's also reproduced the original front sand Blaster JR front tires fr the Rough Rider/FAV 1.7" wheels.

The Hilux one's will not fit Bruiser original rims, far too narrow, but if your buddy is using more standard 1.9" crawler rims then the Hilux/BB tyres should be fine

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Perfect! Thanks Percy!
Jeff

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am

No problem - always happy to help ;)

Pleased to report the repro tyres are now on the Hilux, but i'm now thinking with their smaller size (87mm OD) that i should really go back to the original leaf springs - as hard as they are, the current custom springs raise the ride height about 12mm and its now looking a bit like a High Lift lol!

Before I can get to that though, the Kyosho Progress needs packaging and shipping to the US,. I've done nothing with it in 5 years since buying it from US eBay !! Buyer seems to be collecting a lot of older Kyosho models at the moment , so hopefully its going to a home that will clean it up, fit new tyres and a shell and appreciate it.