Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

My collection so far...

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
percymon
Approved
First real R/C car: Missed out on RC as a kid, now at the wrong side of forty I'm more than making up !

Re: My collection so far...

Post by percymon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Scorcher body masked and three coats of Nautilus pearlescent paint ..

another coat i think before I can reveal my masking errors #-o #-o #-o and then add a few coats of clear

percymon
Approved
First real R/C car: Missed out on RC as a kid, now at the wrong side of forty I'm more than making up !

Post by percymon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Masking tape off last night, the green/blue paint was a bit thick in hindsight (lesson learned for the future, you don;t need 3 thin coats and two wet coats). End result a bit of a thick edge at the boundaries with the pearl white - onwards with a few coats of clear, then flatting and polishing. The blue green is quite a bit darker than i wanted but it'll have to do !

SO the SRB projects sit as follows currently..

SuperChamp strip and rebuild - still to start
Fighting Buggy build - chassis complete, body painted - just polishing, decals and final fititng to go
Vintage Rough Rider - 99% done, a few bits of final body accessory fitting and an ESC to install
Parts Build Sand Scorcher - Chassis almost complete, waiting on a few ball connectors for steering (arrival tomorrow), and an ESC (in the next week). Shell to be flatted, polished, decalled and glass/accessories added.

After all this activity I realised i'd bought quite a few parts that i already had #-o #-o #-o so it looks like I'll be building another SRB to consume the spares (again !) - It wasn't the plan (honest) !

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 am

percymon wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 pm

After all this activity I realised i'd bought quite a few parts that i already had #-o #-o #-o so it looks like I'll be building another SRB to consume the spares (again !) - It wasn't the plan (honest) !
Uh huh.... suuuuuuuuuuure....... :lol:

percymon
Approved

Post by percymon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

andymac0035 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:37 am
percymon wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Uh huh.... suuuuuuuuuuure....... :lol:
..and whats worse is that 'only a few more parts' is becoming a longer list than i wanted it to be - better make it worthwhile lol!