Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

My collection so far...

Talk about your short course trucks, stadium trucks, buggies, and even on-road cars here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
percymon
Approved
First real R/C car: Bought a few Tamiya buggies of uk ebay , all within a week..

Manta Ray now restored
Fighter Buggy RX awaiting body repair, but otherwise restored
Blitzer Beetle awaiting strip, clean , rebuild and new body

Son has a Rising Storm

Almost finished a Hotshot restoration, awaiting painting and a EZRun brushless system on route from HK

Re: My collection so far...

Post by percymon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Well I cut n painted the Manta Ray shell yesterday, decalled it early this morning and sold it this afternoon lol!

Cleaned up pretty well i think, and a nice little runner for its new TamiyaClub owner.

Selling off parts is going pretty well, if a rather laborious task photographing, listing, packaging and shipping - sold a used Clod chevy grille for $70, and a repaired shell for $49. Crazy given full used Clods make equiv of $160 in the UK.
Last edited by percymon on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

percymon
Approved
First real R/C car: Bought a few Tamiya buggies of uk ebay , all within a week..

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Almost finished a Hotshot restoration, awaiting painting and a EZRun brushless system on route from HK

Post by percymon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Not posted for over 7 months (no RC interest :( :( :( ) and thanks to greedy photobucket a lot of this thread is worthless. I'll see if i can reinstate some of the photos of better parts of my collection over time.

Still not much interest to be honest, sold my unused, never powered up hopped up CC-01 today - hopefully its new TC member will enjoy it as much as i did the build (albeit the whole chassis was complete in an evening such is the ease of assembly and relative lack of parts !)..

Looking at selling a few more items over the next couple of months..

Tamiya Astute
Traxxas Bandit original 2wd buggy
Kyosho Gallop Mk1 4WD 4WS

and other bits n bobs no doubt

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Wow! Cool looking truck!
Jeff

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for the positive comments Jeff - it was a quick build and would no doubt have been a reasonably capable model for walks out in the woods etc. But little time for RC and little interest also - perhaps I got burnt out from doing too many models in just a few years.

New owner should make use of it though so it's found its purpose.

Gallop Mk1 has gone too - sold very quickly on ebay and at a price i was very happy with; especially since i didn't have to do anything with it in 2 years I had it, such was the condition on arrival (it just got displayed). Nice 70% profit lol!

Bandit will hit ebay soon - no interest and i'm fed up of waiting for a new rear wing - i've had one on back order with a uk supplier for over a year now. In fairness its Traxxas at fault; still listing the part yet none to be had anywhere.

Think my SWB Optima Mid will also be going that way too.

I've still got a lot of RC kit, but i do feel a bit happier for off loading some models - if only to free up space which means i can bring other models out of the storage boxes into view lol!).

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 pm

OMG - How time flies !

Looking back through this thread to try to find some build info on my Supershot buggy , I had to go back to Feb 2012 !

Before Andy asks, no it's not turned a wheel in 5 1/2 years #-o #-o #-o

Heading for UK eBay sooooon !

In looking back though I also found reference to my brushless Rough Rider SRB project - November 2011. Now its not moved on in the build or running stages in nearly 6 years, :shock: :shock: , but I found some more SRB spares/hop-ups while clearing out RC stuff, so my interest is back - well, let's say it might be something to fill an hour or two on winter evenings ! :lol:

Here's how it stands, same as Nov 2011 - brushless motor and Tamiya ball diff installed - not much more than a basic chassis at the moment

I have a new set of shocks and rubber bushings so it might get a bit of a refresh ;)

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am

Gathering a few re-release SRB parts together, in conjuction with other bits i'd been hoarding like two sets of alloy wheels covers - one 1.5" set, anodized in blue, I bought on ebay from 'cycle-barn' in the USA who don't seem to do anything ; the other set are full polished 1.7" covers from pargu.

Sold my Supershot within a day of listing it, and the NDF-01 Nitro Thunder Chassis went yesterday ..

I did nothing with it in 4 years, bar a quick clean, and $22 profit. My Intention of putting a brushless system in it never got going :explosion:

So the collection is lighter by 2, currently standing at 41 which is probably as low as its been after my couple of years buying anything in sight on eBay #-o #-o #-o :shock: :shock: :shock:

My son's Lunchbox never got finished, he lost interest (never really had much if I'm being honest !) within a few weeks of Christmas, that was several years ago. The shell was painted, the chassis part built and then put back in its box - roll on the weekend and i decided it was time it got finished..

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 am

And another one has departed, the Tamiya Vanquish which was probably one of the first five cars i bought when i started this whole RC hobby - i never quite got round to cutting the TBG shell and applying the original decal set. The decals seems to be very limited these days, so I might actually make a bit of profit on those after 7 years stored in the decal folder lol!

Son's Lunchbox should be sold in the next hour too, so that's a bit more space in the cupboard lol :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

ratpower396
Approved
First real R/C car: marui big bear

Post by ratpower396 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

How many are left?

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 am

ratpower396 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm
How many are left?
I think that gets me down to 39 if the list on my phone is correct (wife thinks its about 15 :lol: :lol: :lol: ) - son's LunchBox sold yesterday so he's down to two..

Gmade Spider Chassis Clod Buster
Tamiya DF-02 Rising Storm 4WD buggy

I just splashed $120 with Nitro Hobbies on eBay for a load of SRB parts, so it looks like my number will go up by two when combined with what i have already in spares boxes.

Having said all that there are other items I'm looking at selling, so it might be nearer 35 by Christmas - I can't remember when it was that low.

I think this is my current stash .. (those in bold likely to be sold on)

New In Box..
Tamiya Bruiser (re-release)
Tamiya Mountain rider (re-release of Mountaineer)
Tamiya Egress (re-release)
Tamiya TRF201
Tamiya M-05 Golf Rallye
Kyosho Scorpion

Tamiya Hilux 4x4 (original)
Tamiya Egress (original)
Tamiya Egress 2013 - my own re-release (pre Tamiya !) using combination of Vajra kit, Fibre-Lyte Egress CF chassis plates and some vintage parts
Tamiya Astute
Tamiya Sand Scorcher (original)
Tamiya Rough Rider Mk1
Tamiya Rough Rider Mk2 (brushless)
Tamiya Super Champ

Tamiya Top-Force (original)
Tamiya CR-01 Toyota FJ40
Tamiya CR-01 Unimog
Tamiya TRF501X World's Edition
Tamiya DB-01R
Tamiya Hi-Lift HiLux
Tamiya Vajra (actually built from a vintage Vanquish plus left over Vajra kit parts)
Tamiya F103 / F104 hybrid - now sold
Tamiya TLT-1 Rock Buster
Tamiya MF-01X based Porsche 959

Associated RC10 Team Car
Associated RC10 Team Car - lightened chassis, brushless

Axial Wraith - built as a Finnish Off Road Race buggy

CPE Terminator Clod Buster

Durango DEX210

Gmade R1 Rock Racer

Kyosho Progress 4WDS
Kyosho Pegasus
Kyosho Gallop Mk2
Kyosho Optima (original)
Kyosho Optima Mid
Kyosho Optima Mid LWB

Nichimo 1/12 Pan Car

Traxxas mini Slash coverted to mini ERevo
Traxxas Bandit (original) - now sold
Last edited by percymon on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Another week gone, a few more ebay sales, but followed by the inevitable purchases (can never keep money in my paypal for more than a few days :( ).

So I'm focussing on my SRBs for the time being..

#1 Original Superchamp to strip, clean, rebuild with its original non box art for nostalgia

#2 Brushless rough rider has been stripped done and the ball diff replaced with normal gear set) - its almost back as a rolling chassis. Wheels (smaller 1.5" with Scorcher tyres) had previosuly been paint so these have been stripped back and new outer sections fitted to refresh them. Waiting on a silver can 540 motor from Germany (bought a few, it was cheaper than UK). the original 1979 shell has been stripped of its horrid paint scheme in preparation of a blue/silver version of boxart.

#3 A spare gearcase (bead blasted clean by someone before me) has now received the ball diff. I'd like to say the silver can motor went in easily, but it just wouldn't fit the aperture, tried another motor and exactly the same - out with the sanding drum on the Dremel and finally i got it big enough to take the motor (still a very tight fit). I'm not sure why or how the casing ended up being so small - can only assume its had some distortion on blasting and heat build up - strangely it wasn't out of shape, still perfectly round aperture but undersized ?? This will be coupled to a shed load of Fighting Buggy parts that are on route from nitro-master in the USA - prices were stupid low. So this will effectively be a hopped up Fighting Buggy.

#4 And finally SRB #4 will be constructed from parts with an alloy Radshape RC chassis plate, custom alloy rear cage, Proline white plastic front bumper and a shapeways 3d printed mock engine. Plus some coilovers at the front, just for a change from the rubbish Tamiya alloy items and tensions springs !

I got a bit ahead of me :shock: :shock: :cry: :roll: :roll:

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:33 pm

The F103/104 hybrid found a new owner today, all of 40 minutes on the TamiyaClub classifieds. Sold it too cheap but the new owner does at least like the F1 cars rather than someone buying it to ruin it in a Walmart car park...

Traxxas Bandit next on the outbound conveyor

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:22 pm

The Olde Bandit now sold too

Nice buggy, well constructed compared to Tamiya's efforts at today's second hand prices.

percymon
Approved

Manta Ray now restored

Son has a Rising Storm

Post by percymon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 am

And so I got down to 37 , but then I got a link to Tamico in Germany for a M-03M Suzuki Swift for 60 euros (whats that, $85 US ??)

It's a Tamiya XB series, so comes already built, painted and decalled complete with radio gear, ESC and motor - add battery and its ready to go.

Probably won;t even open the box, it'll be re-sold nearer Christmas as these retail around $180 equiv here normally.

Should make a nice $40 to fund something else !