Stock Kyosho USA-1

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
jmw_man
Approved Member

Re: Stock Kyosho USA-1

Post by jmw_man » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Besides my foam question, which I'll probably opt out of putting foam in them because I kind of feel like the lack of foam acts as a dampener, I'm wondering about the trucks antenna. I upgrades to 2.4 ghz, but the receiver has antenna wire and I want to know how long it needs to be, or how short can it be.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Don't know what radio you have, but don't shorten that wire. You can bundle it up under the body though.
It does not have to be extended straight up like the older ones did.

On your rubber band question, yes, it's more friction to keep the tire from spinning on the wheel.
To me it's kind of like having an improvised slipper clutch of sorts.

jmw_man
Approved Member

Post by jmw_man » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how well the rubber bands worked. I went out and bought a huge bag of .5" wide rubber bands, one in each seat, and the difference in speed is definitely noticeable.

Now I just need to make a decision on my body, the truck is running flawlessly, but the old body is pretty ugly.

I can't decide between one of the proline bodies, or a remake of the chevy by team blue groove.