So I Have This Brat...

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
hardedge
Approved Member

So I Have This Brat...

Post by hardedge » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:05 pm

It was en eBay purchase that looked better on the screen than it did in person. (Don't they all.)
The body was beaten to heck, broken in places that somehow missed being pictured, the mechanical speed controller was in pieces, the wheels had ground-in grime (no pun intended), the windshield and back windows looked like they'd been tackled by NYC squeegee people, and the tires looked really tired. About the only thing to survive was the driver figure. (And it's not 4WD!!! What's with the Tamiya sticker?)

That was a couple of months ago and more than a few trips back to eBay for spare parts: ESC, servos, radio, body, windshield, wheels --although I'm still waiting for the alloys-- and tires, bumper, shocks, grill, hot dogs (just making sure you're still reading).... At least it had all bearings. Even the Krylon Fusion paint was an eBay purchase.

Now that I'm done, the one thing I can say for sure is that it's different. :P On to my stretched Clod rebuild!
The last man standing has often cheated...

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: So I Have This Brat...

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:32 pm

THat looks really good. The old Tamiyas are classics!