Kyosho USA 1 Nitro Crusher

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
mrgrimm
Approved Member

Kyosho USA 1 Nitro Crusher

Post by mrgrimm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 am

Real quick question, I am having a hard time finding an answer to - What years was this truck produced? I drooled over them as a kid but never had the chance to get one. I got one now, and yes it's old and needs some help! As I start fixing this thing up a little I just would like to learn more about the history of these trucks, and when they were first and last made would be a good start!

Here is what I got

ImageWP_20150108_001 by mrgrimm1, on Flickr
Monster trucks rule :)

oncue03

Re: Kyosho USA 1 Nitro Crusher

Post by oncue03 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Specifications
Manufacturer: Kyosho
Kit Name: USA-1 Nitro Crusher
Stock Number: KYOC0242
Length: 465mm
Width: 400mm
Height: 300mm
Weight: 3945g(approx.)
Motor: none

release year:2000

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:23 am

I am almost certain they were released well before 2000. I remember being in grade school and seeing them in RC car action magazine. I am 32 years old. That would put it at least early 90's...

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:12 am

Yes, I remember seeing them then too.

Winger

Post by Winger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:44 am

Someone has all of the RC Car Action magazines available for download. I can dig around for you if you are interested in this. I believe they scanned and released them some time ago.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 am

It was reviewed in the March 1992 edition of RCCA.

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 pm

Winger wrote:Someone has all of the RC Car Action magazines available for download. I can dig around for you if you are interested in this. I believe they scanned and released them some time ago.
I am not that interested anymore since I sold the truck. It's cool to know, and I still like these trucks but decided that I just can't be happy with something like this sitting on the shelf - and would rather put my money and time towards the RC's I already have than try to source parts for the Nitro Crusher. Thanks though!

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Post by DarkSammy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:31 am

Winger wrote:Someone has all of the RC Car Action magazines available for download. I can dig around for you if you are interested in this. I believe they scanned and released them some time ago.
I would be massively interested in this if you knew of a link and could share. Man that would be sweet to do back and read up on my favourite old trucks!
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx Ph@ntom, DUH Engineering Titan.

taz11
Approved Member

Post by taz11 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:56 pm

I used to love RCCA when I was a kid. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No space for shelf queens.....use it or loose it!

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:14 am

A Clod vs. USA-1 issue just sold on ebay, I was watching it and with like 4 hours left it was $11.50 or so plus a few bucks to ship. That issue was awesome!!!

I also really liked the souped up Clod with 5 star aluminum wheels (maybe JPS?), Proline giant tracs, and that (at the time) crazy looking flared out racing body with sweet paint job... I vaguely remember a small pic of it driving on a railroad track lol... Jeez we are talking looooong time ago haha