e-maxx spur gear compatability

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Irio - esos
Approved Member

e-maxx spur gear compatability

Post by Irio - esos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:06 pm

I use an emaxx trans and was wondering if anyone knew the size of the hole in the middle of the spur gear. My calipers say 9.3mm but i'm wondering if thats a little off. I'm hoping its actually 9.6 so I can fit the RC4WD spurs that are 9.6mm. Specifically something like this.

http://store.rc4wd.com/52T-32P-Delrin-S ... _3419.html

If not, anyone know a source for a low tooth count, ie 60 or less spur that will fit the emaxx first gen trans?

mavrick0
Approved Member

Re: e-maxx spur gear compatability

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:30 pm

If you are looking for a spur that looks like that why not try a traxxas revo spur gear. Their teeth count go from 36t and up.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.

Irio - esos
Approved Member

Post by Irio - esos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Didn't think about that, will it fit on the first gen trans with the spacer on the hex shaped output shaft?

mavrick0
Approved Member

Post by mavrick0 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm

I couldn't tell you. It's been so long since I've touched a first gen e-maxx tranny.
A off roader may be able to jump and run around a track. A on roader may be able to run circles around the road but a monster truck will run over anything and everyone.