The Clodtalk High Roller Thread

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Re: The Clodtalk High Roller Thread

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 pm

This is an awesome thread! =D> I remember drooling over this truck in the sears xmas catalog. I can't remember which year it was in there maybe 88'-90'?

I almost bought this truck at my hobby store seen it early in the week and begged my mom to buy it for me. It took all week of persuading her, but in her eyes I'm sure it was pure aggravation lol. Well when we went to get it on that following Friday someone had bought it. I was devastated and major bummed, so they had a Royal Crusher and I got it instead. :roll: Every since then I still have always wanted one of these trucks. Looks like that will never happen now.

Marty

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 am

Holy thread revival!

I haven't seen this before, I agree, it is awesome. I also think it's awesome that you had a Royal Crusher. Being in Aus, we didn't have much other than Tamiya - the odd Kyosho or Marui, but thats about it. I ended up with a Blackfoot, but I would have bought a Royal Crusher with it's 4wd 4ws if it had been available.

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Thu May 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:Holy thread revival!

I haven't seen this before, I agree, it is awesome. I also think it's awesome that you had a Royal Crusher. Being in Aus, we didn't have much other than Tamiya - the odd Kyosho or Marui, but thats about it. I ended up with a Blackfoot, but I would have bought a Royal Crusher with it's 4wd 4ws if it had been available.
I didn't get to have much fun with my Royal Crusher. :cry: I had the 4wd option installed and first few times running it stripped out on me. And I was just driving it around in the grass no hard driving at all. I wish I had kept it I had it up until about 3 years ago still in mint condition.

I wish someone had a video of the High Roller in action always wanted to see it run.

Marty

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Wed May 07, 2014 5:33 am

80's MonsterMan wrote:
I wish someone had a video of the High Roller in action always wanted to see it run.

Marty

Here ya go brother.

[youtube]KbZxBzysG0Q[/youtube]
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 am

Thank you so much TamiyaTony for posting that video it made my day!! 8) I have always wanted to see one of these in action. It runs way better than I thought it would, everybody always dogged how crappy it was. Man I would give anything to own one of these. :mrgreen:

Marty

adanmtxt1

Post by adanmtxt1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 pm

not sure if I've shared this. my favorite, followed by my third favorite.

Imagenew maxx best maxx by Lunitic, on Flickr

ImageTippin by Lunitic, on Flickr

ima_redneck

Post by ima_redneck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:18 am

After years of hunting I finally picked up a High Roller, actually two. One is a runner, the other a parts truck that I wouldn't mind trying to get back together. Is anyone reproducing the gears for these, I so want to be able to drive this without the fear of catastrophic failure every time. Thanks.

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sun May 08, 2016 5:20 am

Wow, you tracked down two High Rollers?! Let's see some pics brother. We can't get enough High Roller action around here.
:twisted:
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.