My Wild Dagger

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: My Wild Dagger

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:05 am

Hey Jeff. I actually sold this quite a while ago, but I did notice someone has a Double Blaze locally for sale cheap...... I have thought about it!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:Hey Jeff. I actually sold this quite a while ago, but I did notice someone has a Double Blaze locally for sale cheap...... I have thought about it!
Well, I bought the shock mounts and mounted them up to my Double Blaze. I also added some WK wheels and tires to complete the look. :wink:

I still need to find a new body and an EVX-2 ESC, but it is getting there.

Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun May 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Nice rig Jeff. I think these are an underrated truck. I actually like the yellow body on there. Did you use extenders to get those wheels on there?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun May 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:Nice rig Jeff. I think these are an underrated truck. I actually like the yellow body on there. Did you use extenders to get those wheels on there?
Glad you asked Mark. I did use some 15mm offset RC4WD wheel extenders. The rears were fine, but I could not steer so I need to push the wheels out. I'm not sure the plastic hubs will hold out though. I still need to fix the servo mount. I had the wrong mounts so I still need to do that. I am trying to beef up the steering like you did. I does move a lot and I even put a SCX-10 servo plate behind it to help and still wobbles.
Jeff

The Knight
Approved Member

Post by The Knight » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:57 pm

What you need is a carbon chassis :D

:mrgreen:

I like your yellow body. You should cut off the wheel housing / fenders (enlarge it) and setup down the body. You'll change the high of the truck and it won't keel over. But I think you need a track widener, made of super balckfoot wheel axles.

For 2 motors you should use the qicrun wp860 (ebay 262127344071) and fast 15T HPI firebolt motors.

My WT01
Greets from Germany!

DER ZERSTÖRER - My Clod-TXT Project
The Blackfoot III
My Apocalyptic Volkswagen MK IV - A Mad Max Style Car