1/16th E-Revo

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: 1/16th E-Revo

Post by SFC K » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am

Nice Aric! I like that a lot.

I should mention to that these tires like to throw snow. :mrgreen: We got just over 2"'s of the white fluffy stuff and when I stopped in the snow it would stop but would go if it got traction. Sorry no vids of that. Kind of hard to do when it is 5 degrees out with gloves on...

Here is a nother video of mine. See if you can find the mystery guest. :mrgreen: :lol:

[youtube]wYvvnQ7Iqco[/youtube]
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 am

SFC K wrote:I should mention to that these tires like to throw snow. :mrgreen: We got just over 2"'s of the white fluffy stuff and when I stopped in the snow it would stop but would go if it got traction. Sorry no vids of that. Kind of hard to do when it is 5 degrees out with gloves on...
First you guys get snow when most of ours has melted....and what is left is solid like ice....(you lucky little....)
Now you whine because you can't figure out how to drive and record with gloves on when it's really cold out?...... :roll:

Where's Halgar when you need him?......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 am

andymac0035 wrote:
SFC K wrote:I should mention to that these tires like to throw snow. :mrgreen: We got just over 2"'s of the white fluffy stuff and when I stopped in the snow it would stop but would go if it got traction. Sorry no vids of that. Kind of hard to do when it is 5 degrees out with gloves on...
First you guys get snow when most of ours has melted....and what is left is solid like ice....(you lucky little....)
Now you whine because you can't figure out how to drive and record with gloves on when it's really cold out?...... :roll:

Where's Halgar when you need him?......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, It is really hard to do. No one will come out side and record for me. To cold. The fluffy stuff is nice but it is so cold out right now I could not get any traction at all. Everything is like ice and the 2 inches of new stuff did not help. Seriously, my fingers were fricking numb after I depleted the battery and it seemd like a long time.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am

Just keep working on it, you'll figure it out. :wink:
I'll be posting a vid later and yup, recording with driving, wearing gloves......and yup....you bet it's cold out up here too.... :shock:

Mid-20's would be a lot nicer than the single-digits we had today though...

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 am

andymac0035 wrote:Just keep working on it, you'll figure it out. :wink:
I'll be posting a vid later and yup, recording with driving, wearing gloves......and yup....you bet it's cold out up here too.... :shock:

Mid-20's would be a lot nicer than the single-digits we had today though...

Yeah, 5 degrees out here. I will try again tomorrow. We are supposed to get an inch of snow tonight too. :wink:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 pm

I just got done watching your vid, how come your didn't hit the snow in the back?

I am happy to see how well that goes with a brushed motor. I had gotten away from brushed......sold every set-up I had......that has been changing as of late though. :mrgreen:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 am

Oh, I did a couple of times but it is hard as a rock. Its about a four foot tall snow pile the plow pushed there. With the 2"+ of the powder the little truck does get stuck. I did hit the snow too but I was not shooting vid's at the time.

I am still liking the brushed set-up in this. Brushless to me would be over kill! I saw your post about switching to a brushed in your Wraith. Maybe you should give it a shot. :wink:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 am

I'm planning to. :wink:

I was talking to Samantha about how she ought come out and film me doing the "filming-while-driving-thing" so I could show you guys how I was going about it.... :idea:

Being another bone-chilling day..... I bet you can guess what she thought of that idea..... :roll: .......... :lol:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 am

andymac0035 wrote:I'm planning to. :wink:

I was talking to Samantha about how she ought come out and film me doing the "filming-while-driving-thing" so I could show you guys how I was going about it.... :idea:

Being another bone-chilling day..... I bet you can guess what she thought of that idea..... :roll: .......... :lol:

Now you know where I am coming from... :roll: Its all good. After I combined the three videos, I was like, Why was I shooting in that direction? I should have pointed it down the drive way to get more field of viewing. :(
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

So, I was curious how fast this little bugger was on brushed power and I slapped my phone to is with a speed ap. i manage to get 23 MPH out of it. :D

Not to bad but plenty fast for how small it is...
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Here is a picture of how I strapped my phone to the MERV. These new velcro straps from 3M work really well.

Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Sounds like a well balanced speed. You could probably gear that up easily, but merv platform cars get pretty hairy above 30 mph.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 pm

So, I am at school here at Ft. McCoy, WI and brought my Mini with me during my down time. I have ran it twice now and have lost 4 body clips in only two runs. This thing is impossible to keep the clips on. :evil: Anyone have the same issues?

Truck is running great too by the way. These tires I have mounted have so much grip it is insane and it is really hard to keep in planted in the turns on grass. I sent it in to a cart wheel this afternoon and and it went over about a dozen times and kept on going. I did hear something clicking in the drive train but it smoothed out after a little more on the throttle. Not sure if a rock got caught in the axles or what, but it is fine now.

I should add too this thing sucks on jumps. I tried to jump this steep curb and it would land on it's roof every time at speed. Driving moderately slow it would be fine.

Sorry no videos. Download time here in the hotel sucks bad.
Jeff

nosyajg
Approved Member

Post by nosyajg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 am

i used bigger body clips, and didnt lose as much...i had to bore out the body clip holes a little though...

mine sucked on jumps as well...i went for the stiffest option spring front and rear, and it helped...what made it hard to tune, was that the stock shocks leaked if you looked at them...

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:17 pm

I have heavy springs on mine as well and replaced the shock bodies too and they don't leak but it is still pretty bad. I think this has to due with the wheel base of it and how quick it is.

I'm going to get some paper clips and try that. I don't have all my tools here to do to much custom stuff. I hope this will help. Tired of the body flopping around.
Jeff