1/16th E-Revo

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: 1/16th E-Revo

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 am

E-maxx wheelie bar bolted on using the holes already there would be my best guess.
You'd have to drill holes in the plate on the e-maxx set-up, but no big deal really.
No idea how well it would look size-wise though.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 am

Do you have with dimensions? I will look at tower and see if they list something. Good idea.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 am

I'm not at home.......but this should give you an idea of it's size:

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 am

You can make this work on there no problem

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XAWVZ&P=ML
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 am

:lol: I just watched your video :shock: thats nuts!! I enjoyed your son in the back ground as well :lol: Did he get to make a video yet? :mrgreen: My kids do the same thing. only difference is I cant drive and talk to my kids at the same time, Ill hit something :lol: :lol:
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

1Badclod85 wrote::lol: I just watched your video :shock: thats nuts!! I enjoyed your son in the back ground as well :lol: Did he get to make a video yet? :mrgreen: My kids do the same thing. only difference is I cant drive and talk to my kids at the same time, Ill hit something :lol: :lol:
LOL, I know. I asked him if he would hold the camera and shoot the video for me nad no dice. He did get to make a video, but inside. I need to buy him his on camera. :lol:

I can't drive and take video's either. I'm not as talented as Andy. :mrgreen:
Budhatrain wrote:You can make this work on there no problem

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XAWVZ&P=ML

i was looking at those last night Mike. A bit pricey. I am going to check on there site and see if they have anyhthing in the clearence section. :wink:
Jeff

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am

andymac0035 wrote:I'm not at home.......but this should give you an idea of it's size:

That is huge! :shock:
Jeff

Aric

Post by Aric » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 am

well i guess i will run into the same problem lol. I did order my tbone chassis, but I think I can make the traxxas work. I might just drill the lower half to Tbone and see. I will figure out something. :).

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 am

SFC K wrote:
andymac0035 wrote:I'm not at home.......but this should give you an idea of it's size:

That is huge! :shock:
That's what she s........ :shock: ....... :mrgreen:
(hey.....you know someone was going to say it) :roll:

In all seriousness.....Why not just put a little axle shaft and wheels on the back of the T-bone bumper and call it a day?
You know....like the swami-bar?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

LOL, That looks so simple to make...hmm...Thanks Andy!
Jeff

Aric

Post by Aric » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 am

Ok, got my TBone chassis. Not bad at all, only took 15 minutes to install. Youtube of the guys installing it was getting his butt kick lol. All I did was insert spacers in the holes and then had the center standing in place while i place chassis on top and inserted all screws to hold them in place. Slow screw them down all evenly until they got started and continued all around. I though I had a problem with the wheelie bar that it came with, it did not match up on the rear chassis and I emailed them and told me it mounts on the rear bumper LOL. But the rear bumper has big holes and did not pay attention to the spacers provided which takes up the hole size hahahaha....should have really read the instructions. I think the picture example could have been a little better showing the big hole with spacer fitting on it.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 am

Well that sucks Aric. Mine came defective as well. I had to drill out one hole that was not drilled completly through and counter sink the hole. What is this wheelie bar you got for yours? You have a link?

I just bought the Aluminum turn buckles for mine. I am a little hesitant to put them on now because I have to take the whole skidplate off to get to the steering rack and the rear screws for the links in the rear. UGH. Mine took me about twenty minutes or so to put on...
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

How often do you actually hear about this chassis breaking?
I mean....are you having 2nd thoughts about having the brace on there?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

andymac0035 wrote:How often do you actually hear about this chassis breaking?
I mean....are you having 2nd thoughts about having the brace on there?
No second thoguths at all. I have read a few posts recently over on URC for the chassis breaking. I am glad i bullit proofed this thing before I started tearing it up. Right now, I just don't feel like taking it all apart. It's a lot of work just to replace 4 turn buckles. :roll: I am waiting for my tires to dry...It just snowed tonight and I wanna go play. :D
Jeff

Aric

Post by Aric » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 am

Tbone racing website

http://t-bone-racing.net/T-Bars/T-Bars/ ... -p605.html

1) chassis is easy to install, just dropped in the spacers into front and rear skidplate with a little push to have them in the hole and it's snug. The center skidplate I just went ahead and set them where they are said to be on, and slowly put TBone chassis on top and put screws in to hold in place and slowly screwed them all down.
2) Chassis came with wide front bumper, I had to modify a little to accept fat tires like the summit and works like a champ.
3) No need to drill any holes once I figured out that the rear bumper accepts the spacers that it came with the T-Bars (wheelie bar).
4) Now instead of putting the rear bumper on the outside, I went ahead and put on the inside, cause the leading edge seems to catch grass and dirt which is ok, but I think it should have been on the inside and that rear part of the chassis should have counter sunk instead would have been better, but that's only my opinion.
Attachments
DSCF4791.JPG
Rear bumper with TBAR (wheelie bar) also bumper should be on the outside but put on inside instead.
DSCF4791.JPG (164.7 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
DSCF4792.JPG
Front bumper modified, by cutting a section from both side to allow to fit. Summit bumper is actually even shorter than this.
DSCF4792.JPG (176.92 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
DSCF4790.JPG
DSCF4790.JPG (130.42 KiB) Viewed 1065 times