1/16th E-Revo

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
SFC K
Administrator

1/16th E-Revo

Post by SFC K » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Hey boy's! Well my birthday is coming up and the wife told me I could pick something out that was RC related. I have always wanted something in the mini size so I decided to get a mini E-Revo (Brushed version). I know that I dislike the Traxxas brand but from what I have read these trucks are pretty tough.

I figured with all the waterproof gear it should be a blash out in the snow. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week! Now i need to find some paddles for it... :mrgreen:
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: 1/16th E-Revo

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Does the brushed version come with the old 380-sized motor or the big titan 12T ?
If it's the 12T......a big ol' VXL (or any other 1/10 system) is almost a direct drop in.
I'm surprised you wanted the brushed version (I didn't even know they made one).
I've had the mini-revo vxl, it was a lot of fun.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 pm

It's the 12t version. If I need to add brushless set up I have the the SV2 system new in the box I could throw in it. :twisted: I am not into the crazy fast RC's and as a Mini, I figures it would be fast enough. I only wish it would have came with the 2.4GHZ radio. That is my only beef with this version. I can always upgrade the radio later... :wink:

Plus for 200 bucks i could not pass it up...
Jeff

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 pm

The brushed versions are plenty fun. The brushless versions are almost too hard to control with a vxl. If you install a normal mini brushless system it would probably be a lot better.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 pm

I'd pull the 12T and XL-2.5 and toss an HPI firebolt and XL-5 in there with a pair of 2S lipo's run in parellel for great power and run time.

.......But that's just me. :twisted:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah that's a good idea.
SFC K is my hero!

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 am

I love both of my mini's ... I have a brushless mini erevo and a mini summit-- lot's of fun!
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

JKRacing37
Approved Member

Post by JKRacing37 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:56 am

IMO - good choice going brushed. I probably would have got a mini Grave Digger instead but the MERV is a great choice. I had the VXL mini Slash and it was sooooo The North American beaver has a big tail fast it was uncontrollable. I ended up having to turn the EPA down to 70% to even make it enjoyable to drive. I think if it was brushed it would have been perfect!

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 am

That's the problem with the Mini-t as well. It's too uncontrollable in stock form.
SFC K is my hero!

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 am

During better weather I run my Merv at the local track no problem- not too uncontrollable at all.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks for all the input guy's!
andymac0035 wrote:I'd pull the 12T and XL-2.5 and toss an HPI firebolt and XL-5 in there with a pair of 2S lipo's run in parellel for great power and run time.

.......But that's just me. :twisted:
Funny, I have that exact set up just sitting in my parts bin... :wink:
JKRacing37 wrote:IMO - good choice going brushed. I probably would have got a mini Grave Digger instead but the MERV is a great choice. I had the VXL mini Slash and it was sooooo The North American beaver has a big tail fast it was uncontrollable. I ended up having to turn the EPA down to 70% to even make it enjoyable to drive. I think if it was brushed it would have been perfect!
I was looking at the Grave Digger version but the 2WD only option was not what I was looking for. If it was I would have bought that for sure and it comes with a cool back pack!
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:21 pm

You do realize you could have just bought an extra diff and shafts and made that model 4WD right?

They are doing the same thing HPI did with the wheely king when it first came out.....taking a 4WD platform and stripping it down to cut costs, but allowing for it to be "upgraded" to a 4x4 later on.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

andymac0035 wrote:You do realize you could have just bought an extra diff and shafts and made that model 4WD right?

They are doing the same thing HPI did with the wheely king when it first came out.....taking a 4WD platform and stripping it down to cut costs, but allowing for it to be "upgraded" to a 4x4 later on.

Yeah, I thought about it but did not want to have to order extras just to gert the 4x4 in a Grave Digger version. I got the Revo for the same price as the 2WD Digger is going for...
Jeff

Aric

Post by Aric » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm

MERV great little toy. I did upgrades on mine. I have the VXL and it's a blast, with transmission gears reverse, I have more torque, not as fast but strong and still do good controlled wheelies for about 10 yards :)
*toe links all aluminum
*Transmission gear switch (might bo back to original and install summit pinion gear)
*Wheels
*wheelie bars
*drive line, next upgrade with be the center driveline.
****1/16 summit / Grave Digger / erevo and many other 1/16 are all interchangeable****
Was thinking of getting the Grave Digger tires but I seen some on a 2.2 rims that might be better than GD.
Recommendation upgrade for MERV, my choice preference.
1) Alumininum toe links and shock links
2) 7150x & 7250R
3) wheelie bars
4) axle carrier upgrade to RPM or #7033x by traxxas (aluminum caps pivot ball) great to minimizing slops on carriers.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks for the input Aric. I was considering the push rods and the toe link upgrades for sure. That is interesting to here about the carriers though. Is there a lot of slop in the stock parts?I like RPM stuff and may get them down the road once a part breaks.
Jeff