My Brushless Revo

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Justinswraps
Business Member

My Brushless Revo

Post by Justinswraps » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

Ok so you all know that Ive got a Nitro Revo converted with a Tekin RX8 esc with T8 motor (2050kv)
So at any rate Ive been messing with it on 4s for a couple days and decided hey why not try 6s :twisted: Bought some Zippy 5000 Mah 40c 3s lipos for it and the actual stock tires wheels for the truck. Got the batteries yesterday charged them up took the truck outside, hit the throttle about 1/4 of the way and SNAP/NO MOVE! :lol: Well I took it back inside tore the tranny apart, found a primary shaft in the trans snapped in half and first gear all mangled :shock: It was funny but made me mad at the same time!

Today I got off work and went to the hobby shop and got my parts put it together and ran it about a half hour ago and to keep this rated G all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It was stupid fast at half throttle I could never get anymore than that because I need to put some thicker center diff fluid in it cause the front tires pull harder than the rear and it just wants to jerk left or right when you try to give it more than half throttle.

After about 10 minutes the truck quite moving and just heard ziiiiinnnnnnnng, I took the body off and smoke was rolling out from the slipper :lol: :lol: So needless to say need a new slipper assembly :mrgreen:

Not sure if im going to keep the Revo or not I may sell it and put the system in a Brushless edition emaxx. But I like it its a pretty sweet little rig
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

Sypher
Approved Member

Re: My Brushless Revo

Post by Sypher » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:58 am

What hobby shops are there in mansfield? Im not too far from there, just east of wooster. The only one I know of close to me is in massillon and its not that great.... Theres always the one in medina but I think that place really overcharges.
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:30 am

We have HobbyForce in Ontario where I live They carry a ton of parts for Traxxas and other popular brands. and one in Madison/Ashland called Sluggers. I havent been there in a while but last time I was there they didnt carry to many parts cause they were just starting out as a hobby shop. It started out as a put put golf/ go cart/ batting cages. We will have to get together sometime and have a bash off :mrgreen:
Jugg1~Diablo

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:41 am

More power equals (and Chris and Andy are all too familiar with this) KAAAAABBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Man that does suck but those trucks (TraxxAsses) are not meant for that kind of power. Just my opinion but I have seen so many of them disintegrate parts...

I would keep it and run it on 4s...The Revo is a much better truck than the Emaxx.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:21 am

Hey now!.......I resemble that remark. :evil: :roll: :wink: :lol: :P :mrgreen:

I have run my e-maxx on 6S a handfull of times......you just can NOT control it on 6S.
4S is the sweet spot with these things.

.....and I do NOT disintegrate parts........smash, obliterate, destroy, but not disintegrate....there are always at least a few bits left after the carnage. :mrgreen:

Chris....well yeah.....maybe.... :P
tick....tick....tick.....BOOOOM!!!......time bomb........ :lol:

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:05 pm

:lol: SFC K I may look into another Savage Flux roller and drop the ESC and Motor into that. My last Flux WAS unbreakable, well to me anyway. :mrgreen: The Revo is a pretty good truck and for the most part im still working some bugs out on the truck. Traxxas never ment for someone to put this kind of power toward a Nitro based truck so yeah there will be some bugs that need to be tweaked on. I dont mind at least when parts do break they are not 400 miles away or expensive :mrgreen: My LHS carries 90% of Traxxas parts so that works best for me.
Jugg1~Diablo

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:15 pm

From what I've read the Revo does not have as strong of gears as the E-revo. So if you have a converted nitro you'll still have the weaker gears. I am not sure on this though. This is just what I have read about and that has been very little since I don't have a revo.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

JKRacing37
Approved Member

Post by JKRacing37 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:29 pm

SFC K wrote: Man that does suck but those trucks (TraxxAsses) are not meant for that kind of power. Just my opinion but I have seen so many of them disintegrate parts...

I would keep it and run it on 4s...The Revo is a much better truck than the Emaxx.
LOL...I don't think ANY truck, regardless of manufacturer was meant for that kind of power. 2050 on 6s....whew...I don't think a lot of people realize how much power that is!

I agree with the 4s comment. I bet 6s is amazing fun but it's just asking for trouble.

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh now she can handle it just fine :lol: Im the one that cant handle it :lol: I did some research on converted Revos and apperently if you lock the tranny in second gear and remove first gear all together it is much more durable plus now I have reverse since I locked it :mrgreen: I took it out last night and ran it around after I did the tinkering I forgot to set the reverse/brake delay and stripped the spur gear :mrgreen: Its all good I have another Ill put on it today. Hopefully I can get a video up today for ya'll.
Jugg1~Diablo

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:14 pm

well here is a little taste of 6s on this thing. Now before I get all the hub bub about lowering the truck, NO I dont want it low I like it the way it is. I run it in the yard more than the road.

And yes I dont trust myself to go wide open, The video is at max 1/2 throttle when the wheeies come into play that is 1/2 throttle with the least amount power set on the esc. This is one step above trainning mode :mrgreen: There are 5 more settings for this esc if I wanted to get extremely stupid I could turn the VC all the way up and throttle responce all the way up and get a Hotwire programing card but Im not that brave...... Yet :mrgreen:

6s run
[youtube]z5qrFeJ7mVw[/youtube]
4s run
[youtube]cGKMMtq_aQE[/youtube]

Here are some pics of what it looks like now. New wheels and tires and new body I couldnt do the green FORD body or the Monster Pirate tires anymore. :roll:
Jugg1~Diablo

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:19 am

In the second video, that mail box came really close. :shock: Sweet truck!
Jeff

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 am

lol yeah my first 6s video was cut short due to smacking the neighbors mail box on the right and rolling through their flower bed :lol: Thanks
Jugg1~Diablo

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:07 am

And yes I dont trust myself to go wide open, The video is at max 1/2 throttle when the wheelies come into play that is 1/2 throttle with the least amount power set on the esc. This is one step above training mode There are 5 more settings for this esc and I plan to get extremely foolish and turn the VC all the way up and throttle responce all the way up and get a Hotwire programing card but Im not that foolish...... Yet
Fixed it for ya'........ :mrgreen: ........ :lol:

I have driven the ERBE on 6S and it is a blast on the street.
.....you might want to stand on something when you get around to going fast with that, as it'll more than likely bust your ankles if it hits you.

......which is not to say I don't think you'll have a lot of fun, just set aside the money to replace your neighbor's mailbox. :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

Kingclod27
Approved Member

Post by Kingclod27 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 am

wow that thing looks fast! lol... im glad you found something you can enjoy running, I liked the green ford body tho lol
The Original Monster Truck

SPEED.......I..AM..SPEED

http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm

WOW... that's fast
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/