Do I keep this nitro, or go E-conversion?

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
ClodMonster
Approved Member

Do I keep this nitro, or go E-conversion?

Post by ClodMonster » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Brand spadinkly new mmgt3.0 I grabed for $200 shipped! Not the brightest when it comes to nitros, and have had many headaches in the past. Should I give it another shot or go for my first E-conversion?

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Re: Do I keep this nitro, or go E-conversion?

Post by Diamond Dave » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 am

Definitely try to run it for a few tanks. $200 is a decent price. I am not going to sell my MGT8.0 for less than $400 and it has 4-5 tanks through it.

They are only $550 or so new, so you got a great deal.

Try to run it and get what you can out of it as a learning experience, learn to tune it, tune it rich, and then lean it out for better results.

When you are done with the nitro thing, search online for a conversion kit to Brushless. You won't regret it !

Brushless Losi 5IVE T, I would love to do this, but at $1600 to start for the truck only, I will wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36SPtRFY ... 3al81l0VU=

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

I've run the nitro and I've run the electric. I'm going to convert my original HPI Nitro MT to electric (when I finish the first 276 items on my list). I've found the Nitro to be great, fun, a little dirty, but most of all, a high maintenance setup. I say go with a brushless setup.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

cher9498
Approved Member

Post by cher9498 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:42 am

my mgt is a electric home made conversion. nitro is fun but my neighbors would call the cops on me even in the middle of the day. but anyways i prefer electric now and if set up right will eat a nitro alive. mine has a emaxx trans and titans and revo center shafts. or you can buy the actual conversion kit. and make it look real nice.i bought the brushless emaxx trans so if i ever want to go brushless i can .
duct tape is like the force it has a light side and a darkside and binds the universe together
(from a scientist on the history channel)