Emaxx clod wheel adapters

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
mrgrimm
Approved Member

Emaxx clod wheel adapters

Post by mrgrimm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:57 pm

I added an old 3906 Emaxx to my fleet over the weekend, and I am curious as to what options are out there for running Clod wheels/tires on the truck?? I have been searching around and finding some options, but what experience do you all here have with doing this?
Monster trucks rule :)

Thunder VP
Business Member

Re: Emaxx clod wheel adapters

Post by Thunder VP » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 pm

TTR made adapters a few years back but i do not believe there are any left.

You might be able to replace the 14mm hexes with 12mm hexes and use standard Clod wideners.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Post by mrgrimm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Those TTR adapters are very nice!

I do have some extra Clod wideners that use the 12mm hex, I guess I could grind the pin slot bigger and enlarge the axle hole on some plastic 12mm hexes. I would then need to track down some correct barrel nuts because these Maxx axles have a large diameter compared to the Clod. Thanks for the advice, I may give it a try if I can't find any adapters.
Monster trucks rule :)

cloddog3222
Approved Member

Post by cloddog3222 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi,I found my adapters from esp for my 3906 emaxx,they are all machined aluminum,very nice,they are like sixty dollars for all four.