E-savage questions need answering!

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
ClodMonster
Approved Member

E-savage questions need answering!

Post by ClodMonster » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Is there a wheelie bar for the original E-savage or Zilla10? The wheelie bar from hpi is only designed to fit the flux or x versions.

These dang battery trays do not fit lipos! Anyone know a fix for this so I can run lipos?

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: E-savage questions need answering!

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 am

They make "stick" shaped lipo's, I bought some too, but they still didn't fit right. I mean they "fit".....but the balance wires look like they will get thrashed....

One of the reasons I traded mine off.

ClodMonster
Approved Member

Post by ClodMonster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:44 am

I've heard the Kyosho Mad Force or Twin Force trays are direct fit without modding, and fit 2 2s lipos perfectly. Anyone wanna confirm this for me?

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 am

Budha might have an answer for ya, He has a Mad Force if I remember correctly.

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 pm

if you are talking the turnigy lipos... they are slighty bigger is all aspects and I can barely fit them in my Mad Force battery trays... they do fit but barely

All my other lipos are the same size as regular stick packs and fit in everything else I own just fine.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

ClodMonster
Approved Member

Post by ClodMonster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Budhatrain wrote:if you are talking the turnigy lipos... they are slighty bigger is all aspects and I can barely fit them in my Mad Force battery trays... they do fit but barely

All my other lipos are the same size as regular stick packs and fit in everything else I own just fine.
So almost all 2s lipos will fit in the mad force trays, correct? Can you tell me if they bolt up on an e-savage without modding anything?

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 pm

The mounting holes will not line up between the tray and the e-sav chassis, so you would be required to drill new holes. Most likely in the tray and chassis to get it to work.
Small spacers would also be needed to clear existing screw heads, or countersink existing screws.

I have a loose chassis plate and TF bat tray and could post a pic of them together to show the fit.

They are a little harder to find, but they do make LiPo hardcases with round corners that should work in the stock holders.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 pm

I have the rounded gens ace lipo's, and they do fit.......but, where the balance wires come out ends up being dangeriously close to the rear tires under suspension compression. Unfortunatly, the battery wires are not long enough to reach if you flip the battery around. I suppose you could make extensions though.

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:29 am

Here's the fit for adding the TF bat trays (retainer bar removed for clarity):
Little screw bosses in the center need to be removed from the trays and a few holes would be needed with spacers to clear existing screws. An adapter plate could be made to mount to existing holes as an other option.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

ClodMonster
Approved Member

Post by ClodMonster » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks guys. I'm gonna look into some other method I guess. I really just wanted something that allowed most lipos to fit without any kind of modding to the stock parts at all. Maybe I'll look into velcro wraps. Anyone do it this way?

ClodMonster
Approved Member

Post by ClodMonster » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Any of you guys know if the flux trays are a direct fit without any modding of any kind?

*edit Nevermind just found out they arn't!

Where is the best place to get vecro wraps?