USA-1 NITRO

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
MT TRUCKER14
Banned Member

USA-1 NITRO

Post by MT TRUCKER14 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Over the summer I tok a break and focused on my largescale collection. I picked up some Usa-1 nitro trucks cheap. One for $50 the other $78 with a motor. The motor had great compression .Tthe other truck had all crome metal parts. Unusual. The engine was junk but still good for parts. :D

132NHAF
Administrator

Re: USA-1 NITRO

Post by 132NHAF » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Sounds like if you combine them you might have one awesome truck.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

MT TRUCKER14
Banned Member

Post by MT TRUCKER14 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Both trucks are roller spares. :)

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Have you driven a USA-1 yet? My uncle used to have one and it was pretty cool, except that it torque steered really bad. You had to give it full left(?) turn at full throttle to go straight. Lol
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

MT TRUCKER14
Banned Member

Post by MT TRUCKER14 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 pm

I have had the truck since it first came out. I never had real steering problems like that. I think it depended on what motor you put in. I have the OS RFB. plenty of power. The biggest problem I had was the wheels kept breaking. I guess too much air. :lol: I replace the with custom machined aluminums ones. The other problems wer the rear gears ,the radio plate and the wimpy servo saver. I tried the after marker aluminum one but it was still too wimpy. So I used the stock unit and turen it into a adjustable one with a stronger spring. No it works the way I want it. I replace the radio plate with a aluminum one to stop the flexing and replace the rear gears with a harder pinion gear. I also replace the whimpy shocks with the longer burns rear shocks and made new shock towers to accomidate them. Now the truck handles much bettter. I don't try to max it out on speed. The truck has lots of torque. I can pull wheelies it I blip it just right. :)
Last edited by MT TRUCKER14 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Hmmm I know my uncle had put the most powerful engine in his at the time. It was extremely fast and I seem to remember him having problems with the rear gears also. I remember hiswould pull wheelies with ease. That was pretty cool as not many rc's did back then. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!