My E-Savage

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

My E-Savage

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:14 am

While I’m mostly a buggy guy, I do love a good monster truck. In fact, my favorite basher is the extended E-Savage I scored on eBay. Since getting it I have ran the hell out of it(without a single adjustment or broken part). The only thing I added was the new shell(poorly painted on top of that). I have hours on this thing! It’s actually all I bash anymore. Everything else is either race or shelf duty only. I’ll post some finer pics of the 8th scale chassis extension when time allows. I’m kinda new here so there might be a thousand posts on this mod already and I don’t even know it. I didn’t do it. I just found it that way. Same thing I used to say to my dad when he found his tools broken…

"Let's drink 'til we can't feel feelings anymore." -Peter Griffin

vonclod
Approved Member

Re: My E-Savage

Post by vonclod » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:22 am

welcome aboard, that savage is huge 8) now you need to throw a brushless in there :twisted:
if freedom of speech is taken away
then dumb and silent we may be led
like sheep to the slaughter

TomT
Approved Member

Post by TomT » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:29 am

Welcome, love the avatar.... Revenge of the Nerds??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TomT
TomT

Indiana Jones: "...It's not the years, but the mileage..."

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 am

When I first got it I studied up on tying two Castle 5700kv motors to one Mamba Max because that's what I happened to have to work with at the time, but I like it just as it is. Surprisingly fast for a 12 or so pound truck and lots of torque. 20 minute run times on 2 4000mah nimh packs. Those packs finally died so I'm going to 2 5000mah lipos. I'm anxious to see what it's like. A Mamba Monster would be tons o' fun, but money talks... :roll:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:35 am

TomT wrote:Welcome, love the avatar.... Revenge of the Nerds??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TomT
Gotta represent Booger! :wink: Although grammatically incorrect. I just found it that way and fell in love... :mrgreen:

TomT
Approved Member

Post by TomT » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:48 am

Had a buddy who had a Nitro Savage, I don't think there was a plastic piece left on it! 8) What was really amazing was the suspension, just soaked up everything you threw at it, so it was fast but rather boring to watch because it did not bounce around LOL.

TomT
TomT

Indiana Jones: "...It's not the years, but the mileage..."

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am

TomT wrote:Had a buddy who had a Nitro Savage, I don't think there was a plastic piece left on it! 8) What was really amazing was the suspension, just soaked up everything you threw at it, so it was fast but rather boring to watch because it did not bounce around LOL.

TomT
I'll admit that the suspension is plush. The bigger the cushion the better the pushin', or so I have read(Spinal Tap). If you're as bad of a driver as me though you can somehow cross into another dimension and make it crash hard! :twisted: :shock: :lol:

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Just do what I did to my e-revo I tossed a momba monster 2200kv in it and twin 11.1 lipo's 8) Lets just say hold onto you seat lol :shock:
Wait what?

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Rcmaniac78 wrote:Just do what I did to my e-revo I tossed a momba monster 2200kv in it and twin 11.1 lipo's 8) Lets just say hold onto you seat lol :shock:
Yeah and buy extra tires.......cause your going to pop a few..... :wink:

Welcome to the boards

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:52 pm

andymac0035 wrote:
Rcmaniac78 wrote:Just do what I did to my e-revo I tossed a momba monster 2200kv in it and twin 11.1 lipo's 8) Lets just say hold onto you seat lol :shock:
Yeah and buy extra tires.......cause your going to pop a few..... :wink:

Welcome to the boards
Yeah I popped 3 tires off(ripped) and another was on it's wayout lmao but yes welcome to the boards!
Wait what?