I have now been completely turned to the Darkside of R/C

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Wicked

I have now been completely turned to the Darkside of R/C

Post by Wicked » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: yea I am a 100% nitro guy .

I woke up to this yesterday morning and I now am a proud parent of two nitros. It took forever to get my LST going and a few times had listed it up forsale. The last time I took it off I was hours away from ordering the Fine designs Brushless conversion for it. At that point I said screw it!!! This thing is either going to blow up or run. Well after allot of leaning out the truck came to life. And I really don't want to sound like those guys you read telling you that nitro is so much better then electric so I will just stop writing and show you some pics. :wink:

THe new Revo 3.3 beside the LST 2. I am getting organized to place a order for some shiney parts. Nothing major just a few things that will make the trucks custom. The LST 2 already has wheels and tires, aluminum shock caps, wing kit, and I have a custom body comign from Steve if it ever gets here.
Attachments
Picture 007 (Large).jpg
Picture 007 (Large).jpg (98.83 KiB) Viewed 952 times
Picture 010 (Large).jpg
Picture 010 (Large).jpg (111.34 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Picture 012 (Large).jpg
Picture 012 (Large).jpg (192.14 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Picture 014 (Large).jpg
Picture 014 (Large).jpg (211.61 KiB) Viewed 924 times
Picture 017 (Large).jpg
Picture 017 (Large).jpg (135.91 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Picture 021 (Large).jpg
Picture 021 (Large).jpg (135.2 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Picture 024 (Large).jpg
Picture 024 (Large).jpg (129.26 KiB) Viewed 918 times
Picture 029 (Large).jpg
Picture 029 (Large).jpg (127.97 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Picture 031 (Large).jpg
Picture 031 (Large).jpg (127.79 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Picture 034 (Large).jpg
Picture 034 (Large).jpg (210.32 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Doctor everything be all-right

NCNitro
Approved Member

Re: I have now been completely turned to the Darkside of R/C

Post by NCNitro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:36 pm

That's awesome! I have always been a Nitro guy, hence the screen name, lol. I have 5 nitro rigs, and a nitro Miss Budweiser hydroplane. Nitro will always be my first love, but after building my clod crawler, buying my son a Stampede, and I am now working on a scale Jeep tuber, I also have an appreciation for electrics. But nothing compares to the sounds and smells of a nitro r/c, man I love it! It can definately be a little frustrating at times, but I am glad to see you stuck with it till ya got it.

rcktpwrd

Post by rcktpwrd » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 pm

I just got my first nitro buggy about a month ago after have only electric stuff for all of my r/c life! Its a Duratrax Raze, pretty fun car! 8) I added some sway bars and street tires to it and have just been messing with it on the pavement for the most part.
I still like the Clod and other electrics alot, but the sound and speed of nitro is hard to beat!

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:14 pm

I agree!! I have both, My clod for pulling and a wicked fast TC3 nitro for on road screaming!!! OK I have a few other but hey we all know this hobby is addicting
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

hanstone
Approved Member

Post by hanstone » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:33 am

I also have both clod and ofna gtp, love the nitro, but nothing like just throwing a charged battery in and going.

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:38 am

Now thats just gross. You really are letting the dang truggies suck you in!!! I hope you haven't been hanging on that nasty RCCA board too. :lol: :lol: jk :lol:

Wicked

Post by Wicked » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Hey now Breaker, thats not nice!!! :lol: :lol:

Honestly man nitros have brought a whole new hobby out of a already kewlhobby. Besides from driving the truck just running and tunning the engine is sweeet. The day I watched the LST come to life was the kewlest thing I have yet witnessed in R/C. I was always more of a shelfqueen builder and now its "hey look at that jump, meh, the LST will take it" and it always does. I have rolled, cart wheeled, bounced, 25 mph into a curb, and pretty much everything else you could do and the truck just keeps wanting to go.

I can see myself owning another tuber Jugg and thats probably about it for electric. Nitros just have the added fun factor that comes from having an engine. I will build another show piece truck once again. But instead of having dinky electrics its going to have big block powaa!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Doctor everything be all-right

NCNitro
Approved Member

Post by NCNitro » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:14 pm

Wicked wrote: I will build another show piece truck once again. But instead of having dinky electrics its going to have big block powaa!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Spoken like a true Nitro junkie! :lol: Nothing like hitting huge air with my Savage SS, barrell rolling 5,6,7 times, land on the wheels, mash the throttle and she's off again. And the smell, oh the smell of nitro, gotta love it!