kyosho nitro brute

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
fantomracer

kyosho nitro brute

Post by fantomracer » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:11 pm

does anybody know anything about this truck?

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:35 pm

yeah I have a couple

the best way to describe them is FRAGILE

too much power for the plastic drivetrain, the wheels break etc etc..

somehow I still love 'em :shock:

If anyone else has one and would like to share (or even sell..) gimme a buzz :)

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:00 am

here's some pics from a run this morning :)

nothing broken this time :lol:

Anyone else got pics of vintage Kyosho trucks to share?
Copy of Nitro Brute Day Out 001.jpg
Copy of Nitro Brute Day Out 001.jpg (139.55 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Copy of Nitro Brute Day Out 002.jpg
Copy of Nitro Brute Day Out 002.jpg (140.16 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Nitro Brute Day Out 003.jpg
Nitro Brute Day Out 003.jpg (142.12 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Last edited by Dangerous Dave on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:13 pm

I don't have a Nitro Brute I just have a Big Brute with Thorp gears and axles(the things that break). I just keep it around for a shelfer most of the time.

This picture actually doesn't do it justice. It was a little dusty here. It's really very clean but I don't have any other pics of it.
Thorp Big Brute,JrX10 (RC10 and JrX2 combined), 26.5" Nitro Swamp buggy, TLT/Emaxx Hybrid, 2 TLT Custom Scale Jeeps, 1 TLT Unimog, Blackfoot, Grasshopper w/black`foot conversion, 1/6 Jeep TJ & Misc. Vintage Sears RC

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:53 pm

cheers j

if your Brutes are in storage, I strongly recommend putting a block under the chassis to get the tyres off the ground! Otherwise they flatspot and rot badly :!:

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:20 pm

Dangerous Dave wrote:cheers j

if your Brutes are in storage, I strongly recommend putting a block under the chassis to get the tyres off the ground! Otherwise they flatspot and rot badly :!:
Yea, I usually do but they are in boxes in my garage at the moment. I hate those flat spots. :roll:
Thorp Big Brute,JrX10 (RC10 and JrX2 combined), 26.5" Nitro Swamp buggy, TLT/Emaxx Hybrid, 2 TLT Custom Scale Jeeps, 1 TLT Unimog, Blackfoot, Grasshopper w/black`foot conversion, 1/6 Jeep TJ & Misc. Vintage Sears RC

Dangerous Dave

Kyosho Nitro Brute

Post by Dangerous Dave » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:58 pm

j

I'd like to buy your Brute, for the Thorp running gear.

If you'd like to sell it for a reasonable price (or even just the Thorp bits) gimme a holler :D

I also just scored the "ultimate" for my collection, a NIB example of the Kyosho Nitro Brute :twisted:

goes well with my New Built NB...

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 am

Thanks for the offer, but I don't wanna get rid of it. I have had it for so long and I get it out every now and then and play with it.

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:20 pm

hey

appreciate the reply, and understand exactly what ya mean about wanting to hang on to it. Still had to ask the question though 8)

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Dangerous Dave wrote:hey

appreciate the reply, and understand exactly what ya mean about wanting to hang on to it. Still had to ask the question though 8)
Cool, yea, it will most likely be a display once I move into my house in a few weeks.

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm

latest addition - this one needed cleaning up and a few minor bits, but is now my 2nd runner :D
Nitro Brute Orange 004.jpg
Nitro Brute Orange 004.jpg (137.77 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
Nitro Brute Orange 005.jpg
Nitro Brute Orange 005.jpg (146.73 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
Last edited by Dangerous Dave on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClodDude

Post by ClodDude » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:14 am

Hate to spoil the fun, but I had one and it was fairly bad IMHO. I purchased it based on RCCA's review where Chris Chianelli took it to a construction site and said that it was a blast. He also mentioned it could pull a lot.

when I got it, I was shocked at all the fragile plastic. Big plastic dogbones! I was also shocked that it had a plastic clutch bell and brake disc...and brake lever arm!

I did have a blast with it, though. Unfortunately it wasn't up for extended/rough usage and parts started breaking or falling off fairly fast. The only thing it could pull was an empty plastic garbage can!

The funniest thing was I painted the body with the words "IRON MAN". :lol:
Your journey of over a thousand dollars begins with just one Clod.

Clod...why can't I quit you?!?

richmaster
Approved Member

Post by richmaster » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:49 am

i dont know that much of it really i have never heard about it but can you change the bodies on them becuase i dont like those bodies i want to see some with a different body if anyone on here has one and if you can change the body
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
Owner Of Clodzone.com

Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:48 am

yeah CD, I have that issue of RCCA (Nov 88 perhaps) with the Nitro Brute review!!

You are correct about them being poorly designed, in the first ten years of owning one I only got about 3 decent runs :cry: It broke dogbones, chewed gears, broke wheels, melted clutches, stripped belts... etc

Now I am older and wiser (what the...??) I am able to run them properly, albeit with either custom dogbones or a loose slipper clutch. It's a real love/hate relationship, but more love now I got it by the BALLS 8)

What that guy said about body shells - whatever.....

ClodDude

Re: kyosho nitro brute

Post by ClodDude » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:10 am

Hey DD, very nice NitroBrutes you have there!

Actually, the funniest thing for me was that I bought the NB instead of a Clodbuster since I was heavily into Nitro back then (I started with the Kyosho Datsun 10...that should've been called Iron Man since it was about 90% metal!).

My friend bought the Clod at the same time I got the NB. We both had fun and parts breaking...I guess that's what it should be about anyway. ;)

Oddly enough, it would be something like 15 years later that I got my first Clod. :D

ClodDude
Your journey of over a thousand dollars begins with just one Clod.

Clod...why can't I quit you?!?