Maxx SAS project...about time!!

Although not considered a traditional monster truck, they still have monster coolness.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Toyofast
Approved Member

Maxx SAS project...about time!!

Post by Toyofast » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:16 am

I have been dragging my feet on this project since November.... I have no excuses other than having way to much fun with the TLT :mrgreen:

The Maxx started life like this:

Super duper T-Maxx with a E-Maxx tranny, big block, lots of nice high end parts and more.

Now, after many months of being one of the best dust collectors... it looks like this:

It's list of items will include:

- Rockraider chassis
- Maxx tranny perma-locked in 1st, zero slop modification
- REVO driveshafts
- RCRG Maxx SAS kit
- Big arrow links
- BFT ballends on upper links
- LST ballends on lower links(bigger than BFT)
- Integy lathe motor
- GD-600 w/ 2:1 gearing
- Super Rooster
- Hitec HS-5955TG (by the time I finish it they'll be off B/O)

.... And probably more problems/money as it gets closer to being finished :mrgreen:

rewman2

Post by rewman2 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:11 pm

looking good!!!

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:41 pm

LOL i see your just one notch ahead of me on the one i started about the same time as you. LOL i don't have the links done yet but other then that i'm at the same point. LOL too funny!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

here's a pic of where it's at basicly. lol i have my rockraider style chassis almost done too. :wink:
Attachments
tmaxx.JPG
tmaxx.JPG (46.81 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
tmaxx1.JPG
tmaxx1.JPG (29.25 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

PoinTHwerP
Approved Member

Post by PoinTHwerP » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:29 am

you gonna start selling the rockraiders again then?

Big Schott

Post by Big Schott » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:40 am

I have had a E-max sitting around getting parts stolen from it for almost 2 years now. Thanks for the ideas!! I think I know what I'm doing with the old E. :D

Toyofast
Approved Member

Post by Toyofast » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:14 am

PoinTHwerP wrote:you gonna start selling the rockraiders again then?

Not that I'm aware of... at least not any time soon. :D

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:35 pm

hey toy......i love that avy pic :wink:

teo99

Post by teo99 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:41 pm

Hello Toyfast,

It's wonderfull !! :peace:

Well done :D
I come from Switzerland

rc4x4allout

looks awesome

Post by rc4x4allout » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:00 pm

I am trying to build a emaxx crawler as well. I am using the clodzilla 2 chassis. Right now it is a rolling chassis, but I need to get an emaxx tranny. I am using a tmaxx tranny right now, which isn't working that great. I also want to get the spindles to lock in the axles. I have the cannie lever suspension in the rear all home made. Is there some sort of kit to buy out there to make this transition? If so I would love to know where and how much. Keep up the good work and crawl on!!!!

rc4x4allout

looks awesome

Post by rc4x4allout » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:05 pm

I am trying to build a emaxx crawler as well. I am using the clodzilla 2 chassis. Right now it is a rolling chassis, but I need to get an emaxx tranny. I am using a tmaxx tranny right now, which isn't working that great. I also want to get the spindles to lock in the axles. I have the cannie lever suspension in the rear all home made. Is there some sort of kit to buy out there to make this transition? If so I would love to know where and how much. Keep up the good work and crawl on!!!!

Toyofast
Approved Member

Post by Toyofast » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:38 pm

**** Most info concerning my Maxx project can be found on RCC****

From one of my posts earlier today on RCC......

Wheelbase is now closer to 15.5" which isn't the biggest mod but I had to get it closer to the "perfect" WB for around here.

After adjusting the wheelbase I found that the front was still binding, had to then relocate the lower shock mounts. Oh boy, that really did free things up! Then out back I needed some dampening yet still wanted to run a swaybar setup. Dug through the box of shocks and at first I was going to install some hardbody Maxx shocks but the length was a bit short..... out came my favorite X-Factor silver shocks :mrgreen: I had to also address the swaybar issue. I found the rest of the bits for the sway bar in the old Juggy box. Sweet looking clamps were tossed on and now this rig is almost too pretty to be mine :lol:

This is the cleanest crawler I've built and owned to date. Sure my other rides start out decent but they soon turn to bits of shreded metal and plastic :lol: :lol:

Well onto the updated pictures. I even tossed in a articulation shot for the n00bs to enjoy. Although the Maxx will never reach that much articulation while out crawling due to the swaybar. I had to force it to sit like that while the picture was snapped.

This thing has ZERO torque twist and is nice and stable. It's really plush too. I plan to drag it up to the track and see how well it'll handle going fast on a dirt track too :twisted:

BigTrux

Post by BigTrux » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:11 am

VERY NICE!!!
You should mod it so you can swap the electric motors with your nitro engine whenever you feel like it. You would probly want to turn the engine on it's side to reduce the CG. Get a small flat tank to place inside the bottom of the chassis. Probly need a fan for the engine too (unless running fast).

vlozity

Post by vlozity » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 am

why would you want to swap electronic to nitro? too much of a hassle, imho. keep it electric and crawl till kingdom come! :D

btw, love the build!

Toyofast
Approved Member

Post by Toyofast » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:46 am

Thanks.

The project has changed slightly since those pics were taken. Wheelbase change, tire/wheel change, link swap, suspension swap, etc... Just a normal project.

Currently the Maxx is out of shape with a broken front CVD... :roll:

Out rolling with the Twin Force that's riding on custom 8.5" tall LST's...

More pics from the small run,
http://www.rcrockgear.com/rcrockgear/Ad ... 9-03-2005/

eric113
Approved Member

Post by eric113 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:15 am

hey brett do you have any more those rccrawler and rcrockgear stickers ?