The Green Beast

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Halgar
Administrator

The Green Beast

Post by Halgar » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:27 pm

This is my other stocker truck. This truck truely is stock with exception to the bearings and the ESC.

I left out a few screws here and there and left others loose to soften things up a bit. I also cut the top "snap together" portion off of the stock shocks to increase travel to 1" of compression. To counter the bouncy suspension, I increased the size and number of holes in the rim so the tires will deflate quickly.
Attachments
wings.jpg
These are the plastic wings I'm always refering to. Notice the missing screws.
wings.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
shocks.jpg
shocks.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
F bumper.jpg
A better pic of the battering ram because my girlfriend hits more stuff than she goes around!! LOL
F bumper.jpg (49.33 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
FR bumper.jpg
This body damage, including the lack of grill was done about the 3rd run after painting up this body for the truck. That's why there's a battering ram now in place.
FR bumper.jpg (42.58 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
battery.jpg
This truck runs both the Trinity 4400 and standard stick packs and has an S.R. and Futaba rx/tx
battery.jpg (47.39 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
artic.jpg
Manditory articulation shot
artic.jpg (36.98 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

VA_Clod
Approved Member

Post by VA_Clod » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Nice idea about leaving the screws out to help it work.

That battering ram is very nice. Maybe you sould throw a grill guard on it to help protect it more. :lol:

Sassy_Chassis_Clod

Post by Sassy_Chassis_Clod » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:48 pm

how do those batts work for u... i notice you have them in two of your trucks? :?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:17 pm

The battering ram came after my g/f took out the stock bumper INCLUDING the mounting brackets (sheared off the chassis ) and then the grill and hood were toasted! LOL Since I installed it, there has been significantly less damage to this truck! LOL :D

I like the 4400's because of the long runtime, but they are very heavy for anyone concerned about overall weight. These are a "D" sized cell, not the sub C of a standard stick pack. With this truck I probably get about 30 to 40 minutes run out of a charge. I forgot to mention that this truck has the SG2 Sapphires, Modclod still runs the stock cans.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.