Advice needed: Making a super slow clodbuster

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
rknaub
Approved Member

Re: Advice needed: Making a super slow clodbuster

Post by rknaub » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the metal gears from hot racing help with the speed? Though it looks like you got it down, but they are 100:1.
My flagship 6x6x6 build: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29626
Peterbuilt crawler build "HellFire": viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29618
Basher build: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29750

arampan

Post by arampan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:24 am

My biggest issue now are the springs as the clodbuster keeps tipping over during turns. Any recommendations on super stiff springs?

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am

Try making the track width as wide as you can go before going with stiffer springs

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Mon May 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Widening the track will help with stability, but going with stiffer springs will add to that. Try your local hardware store. I know my local ACE store has a lot of different springs. You may need to get out of the RC field to find what you want.

Also, try to find tires with hard foam inserts to keep the sidewalls from flexing and adding to instability.

I just watched the video. Another way to to both slow down the speed and help smooth out the ride would be to go to smaller carpet-racing foam tires. The smaller diameter will slow it down and they are smooth so you don't get the tread vibration.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.