It's coming...........

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
TamiyaTony
Approved Member

It's coming...........

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:42 am

After many years of collecting and instigating, this beast is on approach. Get ready fellas!

:mrgreen:

My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: It's coming...........

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:34 am

Your such a tease! :popcorn:

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Yup. I'm gonna do some photos today while the weather's nice. Stay tuned for the reveal.
My son... ask for thyself another kingdom... for that which I leave is too small for thee.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm

the monthly contest is open for entries.... ;)

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:53 pm

It looks like a a Clod I have seen before......

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 pm

It's here!!! My ultimate homage to the original old school Clod Buster. This is the way I would have built my Clod back in the day if I had the money as a kid. I hope you all dig this Clod because it took me a long time to build it. I am currently waiting for my battery pack to be shipped, but at least all the lights are working and the wheels can turn while sitting still! Waha.

Enjoy these first shots. I will be doing a build page if you are interested to see the progress. Cheers.

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:It looks like a a Clod I have seen before......
You are right. It has a very similar paint scheme to a featured Clod in an old RCCA issue. I always liked that Clod so I adopted the look and made some changes of my own. Did you notice the radical zebra print bed cover?
:lol: :thumbsup:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:07 pm

You've got a lot to be proud of, that is a beautifully done truck! :shock: :thumbsup: 8) 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:01 pm

Thank you Halgar. It means a lot. Here's another shot.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:50 am

TamiyaTony wrote:
Sixtys Guy wrote:It looks like a a Clod I have seen before......
You are right. It has a very similar paint scheme to a featured Clod in an old RCCA issue. I always liked that Clod so I adopted the look and made some changes of my own. Did you notice the radical zebra print bed cover?
:lol: :thumbsup:
yeh thats the one I was thinking off. A young girl had it, I can't remember if it was hers or not.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:55 am

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014/04 ... ect-truck/

Thats the one I was thinking of.... quite different, but similar paint job.

BTW an amazing build!

ihaveabruiser
Approved Member

Post by ihaveabruiser » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Havent been on the board in a long time, probably a few years, and I popped and seen your clod with old the awesome APM parts and had to find the thread. Great job! I am working on a few old school RCCA type builds myself. Ill have to post them up

-Mike

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:49 am

ihaveabruiser wrote:Havent been on the board in a long time, probably a few years, and I popped and seen your clod with old the awesome APM parts and had to find the thread. Great job! I am working on a few old school RCCA type builds myself. Ill have to post them up

-Mike
Thanks Mike. You can't imagine how long it took to source all those APM and CCP parts. Just by chance someone was willing to part with a set of aluminum ladder bars. Those are impossible to find. And I paid through the nose for 'em. But this was a spare no expense build for me. Can't wait to see your build brother.

ihaveabruiser
Approved Member

Post by ihaveabruiser » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:27 pm

TamiyaTony wrote:
ihaveabruiser wrote:Havent been on the board in a long time, probably a few years, and I popped and seen your clod with old the awesome APM parts and had to find the thread. Great job! I am working on a few old school RCCA type builds myself. Ill have to post them up

-Mike
Thanks Mike. You can't imagine how long it took to source all those APM and CCP parts. Just by chance someone was willing to part with a set of aluminum ladder bars. Those are impossible to find. And I paid through the nose for 'em. But this was a spare no expense build for me. Can't wait to see your build brother.
Tony,
We should talk, as it seems we share very similar interests in Clods. I currently have a friend machining ladder bars, and another friend doing chrome clod parts as well.

not to thread jack but here are a few of my current projects

TamiyaTony
Approved Member

Post by TamiyaTony » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:58 am

Outstanding Clods brother! Feel free to post as many of your stellar trucks as you wish. I am intrigued about your friend making ladder bars. Perhaps more of these insane Clods will be easier to make in the future. Love your Clods man!