Clod crawler needs to be identified

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Auto2
Approved Member

Clod crawler needs to be identified

Post by Auto2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:27 am

So what is this thing? I got it in a trade .it runs fantastic.I have a crawler track made from cobblestones and it's not even a challange for this thing
Last edited by Auto2 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auto2
Approved Member

Re: Clod crawler needs to be identified

Post by Auto2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:35 am

Auto2
Approved Member

Post by Auto2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:39 am

better pick

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:21 am

No sure what that is. It looks custum made. I looked on Clodparts.com but none of them match this chassis. The lower links look well made though and are really nice looking. Alos, can you get a picture of the wheel wideners? I don't think i have seen those before. They look like they are 12mm-23mm enxtenders to fit those wheels.

http://www.clodparts.com/catagories/cha ... wling.html
Jeff

Auto2
Approved Member

Post by Auto2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Auto2
Approved Member

Post by Auto2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Image i made a bracket to move the servo so is mounted solid. I asked Crawford performance and he thought it was home made also. What else can I do to this ?I'm having fun

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 pm

If its working well for you the only other suggestion would be to add some knuckle weights too it and let-r buck. :mrgreen:
Jeff

rex21
Approved Member

Post by rex21 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Very nice! I am looking to build a clod crawler right now. I have sorta missed my super since I took it apart to build my sons truck.

No idea on the chassis, does look to be a very well made custom. The lower links are very cool also.

There were a few companies that made the 12-23mm wideners in the past Jeff. The ones I used to have were odd in that they used a 24mm nut on the outside instead of 23.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 pm

rex21 wrote:
There were a few companies that made the 12-23mm wideners in the past Jeff. The ones I used to have were odd in that they used a 24mm nut on the outside instead of 23.
Yeah, I have a pair of DACE adapters on my MGT that take the 23mm hex but have the 24mm hex nut to lock the wheel down. They are super rare now.
Jeff

Auto2
Approved Member

Post by Auto2 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Yes I used the same tool to take wheels off that I used on my losi 5ive t. So I'm thinking this is too well done to be hand made .just must be really old conversion? What do you think is worth? I was going to sell it but I think i fell in love lol

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:58 pm

We try to keep these "what is it worth" question in the BST area. You can request access by following these steps listed in item #13, of the Forum rules.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7406
Jeff

wahrsuul

Post by wahrsuul » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Its a Clod Mod Racing chassis. Seems they went out of business a few years ago. I only know by way of picking up the same chassis on ebay and it still had the decals on it. I've since removed the decals and had it powder coated.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=30482

I do like those wheels though, what kind are they?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Those wheels are the Pro-Line Cheyenne wheels 40 series with Pro-Line Moab's.

Thanks for Iding the chassis too! :wink:
Jeff

hivemind
Approved Member

Post by hivemind » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:15 am

I'm wondering if it is an early prototype from many years ago from RCguy.com. I remember them sending me a unique Razor racing chassis they never actually released when my Gecko chassis was very late from them.

wahrsuul

Post by wahrsuul » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:16 pm

I only found a few vague references to Clod Mod racing, I'm guessing they didn't stay around long. The chassis seems pretty nice, but I'm not sure I'm even keeping mine. I'm something of a noob at this having been out of the hobby for many years and I bought it without really knowing what it was. So I'm building it as an exercise/practice. If I really like it, I may keep it, if not, I'll sell/trade it for something else.

Thanks for the info on those wheels. I bought some for mine, but in my noobiness, I got the wrong size. They look pretty pitiful on the chassis :oops: Maybe I'll get a set like you have for my Time Capsule, and put the stock Clod wheels on this thing.