Vanessa's Lunch Box

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
JHeitt142
Approved Member

Vanessa's Lunch Box

Post by JHeitt142 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:29 am

I've wanted one of these since I was little kid. I sold one toy truck last week and when I was in the LHS I saw this sitting on the shelf so I decided to bring it home.

Nothing fancy here. I swapped the stock 'shocks' for RC4WD super scale shocks, they don't work any better then the stockers but they sure look better. Did the 3rd/5th shock mod, and used a 1/16 hitec servo I had kicking around haha. Bit of hand painting, and i slit the decals at the door lines and pressed them in with a metal ruler.

It's -20 outside so i've only driven it in the condo, seems like fun though =D>

A few with the big guy

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Re: Vanessa's Lunch Box

Post by Sixtys Guy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:51 am

They look cool! That looks to be in really good proportion to your Clod too. Shane Tamiya didn't make all those classics in 4wd instead.

JHeitt142
Approved Member

Post by JHeitt142 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:37 pm

4wd would have been neat. When you look at all the chassis they designed back then, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Some very strange designs haha.

I've been looking at cross swapping other tamiya hard bodies but it would take a lot of work to get any of them to sit properly because of the HUGE differences in chassis'. Next will either be the sand rover or blitzer beetle.

I like the cheap little Tamiya kits, and I like building. So may as well build all of them :lol:

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:41 pm

I had the MidNight Pumpkin back in the days but I beat the chassis up and eventually I repainted the body to blue back then. But now I can't remember of what happened to it or what I did with it. All I know is it was in my brother closet. I could of given up on it and thrown it out.

Zac_F85
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F85 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:15 pm

If you want it to handle better you can go the CRP FX10 front end route I did on my old LB and it was well worth the $50 in parts for the conversion -

2 RC10's, 2 Losi's, 2 B4.1 Worlds, TLT-1 Grave Digger,

Klem Klubfoot
Approved Member

Post by Klem Klubfoot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:41 pm

I did the same to the front end of my Lunch Box. Well worth it. As well as the 3rd shock in the back.

JHeitt142
Approved Member

Post by JHeitt142 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm

The parts for that conversion are cheap. I may have to do that. I did the third shock during assembly.

ramflames
Approved Member

Post by ramflames » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:50 am

The Lunch Box was the first hobby grade R/C I owned, plus the first one I put together. 27 years later and more R/C cars and truck than I can count. I wish too have another Lunch Box.

JHeitt142
Approved Member

Post by JHeitt142 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:31 am

They're so cheap it's hard to say no.