ESP clodzilla links

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Demon_Knight

ESP clodzilla links

Post by Demon_Knight » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:24 pm

Anyone know what thickness and how good(are they hollow rod?) the ESP links are? I've got a clodzilla 3 and will be changing the chassis, just wondering whether I should get new links or if these'll do fine. Remember, I'm building a brushless clod, a lot of power and its gonna be bashed a lot. Thanks

Electrohacker

Post by Electrohacker » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:58 pm

I got the short link kit and they are NOT hollow rod... they are 1/4 inch tapped ended...

THUNDERSTRIKE
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:43 am

What hes tryn to say is esp links are solid aluminum rod.but on the cheap and quick way on small income budget that you can use brackeline tubeing from auto store and some threaded rod like 4-40 and traxxas ends.cut tube to length desired cut threaded rod to length thats enuff to stick out ends of tube enuff for a nut to go on each end and a traxxas ballend too.DON
but if links you have are esp but short version,you canmake base of chassis bit longer to make wheelbase longer.til afford new long links. 8)
If you got old parts lying around and dont need them,cant sell them,or figure out what to do with them.Contact me you never know what i will dream up next lol.SERIOUSLY GUYS!!!!!!!!DON :) B)

Electrohacker

Post by Electrohacker » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:27 am

uhmmmm no... he has esp links... he needs them to be strong so he can run a brushless so they don't break when it flips...