Old Skool Clod build

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Re: Old Skool Clod build

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:38 pm

The bigger Tonkas well work . I did there Mighty Wrecker and Winnebago .
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 am

Any Updates Marty?

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Sorry Marty no reply off guy on ebay. Looks like maybe take a chance or play it safe with another Clod body?
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:57 am

Hey guys sorry ive been outta touch this week. I already got a brand new Clod body here got it Tuesday. Im just taking a break from the build to get the fire going again lol. Figured I needed a break after the accident to the other body. Maybe ill have a decent update this coming week sometime.

Thanks guys for the support this makes me get fired up to mess with it.

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 am

Well Marty all I can say is this>> You better look at my signature down below as it says it all mister :mrgreen: :lol: :butthead:

CowboyClod
Approved Member

Post by CowboyClod » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Any Updates Marty?

Klem Klubfoot
Approved Member

Post by Klem Klubfoot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Wow. This is one amazing build. Great job, keep up the good work!

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Ok, about to start back on this build but redoing almost everything and going in a totally different direction. Got burned out after the body mishap and we moved a few months later. So all my tools and truck have been put away since. But got the fire building back under me since to go a different way and finish it. Also got way to carried away with previous state of the truck, guess its the scale modeler in me always wanting to add more detail. Going to try very hard not to do that on this one, after all its meant to be driven not sitting on a shelf lol.

Going to do a '89 season Grave Digger #2 would like to do a Digger #1 but no '51 Ford Panel body is available atm.

Got a ton of parts coming:

Sicnme "Ultralite" chassis & Sicnme custom fabbed quad shot brackets.
Jconcepts Firestorms
(X16) RC4WD 80mm "Old Man" shocks
Parma '50 Chevy Panel
And bunch of other small parts and stuff.

Got this small batch into today.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Sweet Marty! Have been waiting patiently for an update :thumbsup: once you have those RC4WD shocks out the packaging just wondering how smooth are they? Up and down action I mean lol
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:26 am

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 pm
Sweet Marty! Have been waiting patiently for an update :thumbsup: once you have those RC4WD shocks out the packaging just wondering how smooth are they? Up and down action I mean lol
Alex, I have had them open bud they are really smooth and not very stiff at all with the stock springs.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:07 pm

80's MonsterMan wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:26 am
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 pm
Alex, I have had them open bud they are really smooth and not very stiff at all with the stock springs.
Cool the cheap knock off scale shocks I bought for my retro build use metal pistons inside the bore which creates metal on metal feeling. Poor design piston should be made of plastic would be nice and smooth then.

For my next retro build I will invest and get a set of RC4WD scale shocks they sound much better.
Alex

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Got my '50 Chevy panel in Friday. My Sicnme chassis, custom quad brackets & few other goodies will be here tomorrow. Sucks though still won't be able to start work on it for another week or so. Going to get my truck all my building supplies at my mom's all that stuff has been there since I moved. Man so ready to get started on this thing again, got a ton of work to do but this is the fun part building and custom making stuff.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:17 pm

This is going to be good! Looking forward to seeing that chassis and quad brackets :popcorn:
Alex

80's MonsterMan
Approved Member

Post by 80's MonsterMan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks Alex,

Got the sicNme chassis and custom "quad" shock brackets yesterday. I really do plan to mount the lower chassis cradle up that close to the bottom of chassis. I'm going to be using custom made upper link brackets for more clearance by sicNme so pretty sure it will work.

Man this chassis & brackets are amazing. Aron's work is flawless the precision of this chassis is unreal the bends, cleanliness of the holes and the cuts are perfect.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Nice I like how the cradle is fully adjustable up or down which will help keep the stance nice and low. Cant wait to see those sixteen shocks mounted up 8) will you be powder coating the chassis digger green?
Alex