Project "ALL JUICED UP"

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
vwjuice
Approved Member

Project "ALL JUICED UP"

Post by vwjuice » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 pm

I finally am starting to get back on my clod. I will take some pics this weekend.

It started when my wife got me a super clod last christmas. I waited for twenty years to get one, thank god for that little lady of mine. :mrgreen: I got a full bearing set before I even opened the box. I don't trust myself to open it and leave it alone. Then I ordered my zilla 2 chassis that I have wanted for twenty years also. I couldn't wait for the chassis though. I built the truck, and ran it on the ice in front of house for about 10 minutes then called it a night at 3am. I tore the neccesary parts off of it so I would be ready for the new chassis. Finally got that, and put the truck back together. My first impressions were those of disappointment. The body mounts they sent me are wrong. They are both the same size and so I can't put the grille on the body and clear the framerails. I also didn't like the fit and finish of the parts. I have to clean up a lot of the holes to make everything screw together easier. Then the screws they use are really soft and strip very easy. So I got some new screws from the hardware store. Tried running it with the new chassis and now I don't have any front steering. So I worked on it and worked on it. Finally gave up on it. Clod sat until this weekend. I saw a topic on rc10talk, a guy wanted a clod body to paint for advertising on his website that he's having designed. So I figured ok, mine isn't done and I would like it finished soon. So I shipped it out saturday morning and so I decided it would be the perfect time to finish my clod.

Tore it down this weekend to he bare chassis. I am going to sand the main side rails, cross tubes, and down tubes and paint them a satin black. Then all of the 4-link and steering bars will be polished. I have to order a new steering servo, rear lockout, and axle mounted servo braket from Brett at CPE this weekend. Then I will hopefully get it back together in time to get the newly painted body back. I will take some pics and post them up on here and get everbody's thoughts on it. Stay tuned until later.
Last edited by vwjuice on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

Budhatrain
Business Member

Re: Finally a build thread of my own.

Post by Budhatrain » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tease! I love it when people post a new build: and oh I will post pics later.

Sounds like fun, time to see if all these days of reading and posting and taking/giving harrassment pays off.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:20 pm

It's about time you build something ... :roll:

:mrgreen:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Budhatrain wrote:Thanks for the tease! I love it when people post a new build: and oh I will post pics later.

Sounds like fun, time to see if all these days of reading and posting and taking/giving harrassment pays off.
:lol: :lol: I've been givin/takin junk all this time and I haven't even been driving my clod. :lol: :lol: Oh that's rich. I'll have it going soon enough though. Now I can't wait.
SFC K is my hero!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I think he doesnt even own a clod. its a walmart rc. hahahaha :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 pm

haha, I got it with my two cell phone purchase at a car audio place. It's a hardcore harley davidson f150, complete with no suspension at all. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!

inked
Approved Member

Post by inked » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:20 pm

vwjuice wrote:haha, I got it with my two cell phone purchase at a car audio place. It's a hardcore harley davidson f150, complete with no suspension at all. :lol:

O yeah, is it the spinners edition..... I've always wanted one of them. :mrgreen:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:25 pm

The only spinner Juicey has is on his head. It's just how he rolls ... :lol:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 pm

That's disturbing. That's what you really look like don't you? :lol: :lol:

Not a spinners edition, just a black f150 with big wheels and short sidewall hard spiked tires. It has pinstripes though which is badarse.
SFC K is my hero!

FlashGordon1
Approved Member

Post by FlashGordon1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Halgar wrote:The only spinner Juicey has is on his head. It's just how he rolls ... :lol:
vwjuice wrote:That's disturbing. That's what you really look like don't you? :lol: :lol:
Not a spinners edition, just a black f150 with big wheels and short sidewall hard spiked tires. It has pinstripes though which is badarse.
I would agree with vwjuice,that picture is very disturbing halgar. :oops: :oops: My bad,what I was meaning to say was...... that was very disturbing " :prayer: All Powerful Mighty Magnificent Halgar :prayer: " !
SOLID AXLE SHAFT MONSTER TRUCK'S
http://www.facebook.com/groups/228629583892520/

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 am

Why you boys trying to kill the messenger? I didn't take the pic of Juicey, all I did was find it. That reminds me, I have to thank Juice's wife ... :mrgreen:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 am

:lol: :lol: She is such an evil back stabbing old hag. Man there is no loyalty with women anymore. :lol:
SFC K is my hero!

MiRatlhed
Approved Member

Post by MiRatlhed » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 am

Pics Juicey, Pics Juicey, Pics Juicey We need Pics I say..... :lol: Show us the Clod :!:

rayray

Post by rayray » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:50 am

Where's the Clod?
Old guys can have fun too and remember, No Guts-No Glory!
I love my Chihuahuas, my Clod and my wife, in that order.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 am

OK OK OK, here's a few pics from before I took it back apart. and also a couple pics of my little fleet. Especially my badarse NIKKO F-150 HARLEY DAVIDSON. It's pretty freakin sweet.

My clod has a Parma FORD blackfoot body on it to bash around with(only cause I already had the body).
the fleet.jpg
the fleet.jpg (116.13 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
zilla 2.jpg
zilla 2.jpg (115.69 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
badarse f-150 harley.jpg
badarse f-150 harley.jpg (115.12 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
blackfoot zilla.jpg
blackfoot zilla.jpg (116.68 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
SFC K is my hero!