View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Forum rules

Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 JPS Tremor Clodbuster 

Here's a project I've been working on for over a year. It all started when my old TTR Tremor chassis showed up on ebay. Hansolo99 had picked it up somewhere along the way and put it up for a BIN I couldn't resist. I knew it was mine, as it had the aluminum skids on the bottom and front of the chassis, and the kydex antenna mount I had made for it. When I had this truck a few years ago, I had a blast driving it, jumping it at a BMX track in the woods and just tearing around with it. You can't imagine how happy I was to get it back.

Next came some JPS axles. When JPS ran the combo special, I couldn't resist. I've wanted a set of JPS axles for as long as they've existed. I stuffed them with Thunder Tech ball diffs, TTR CVD's up front and TTR straight axles in the rear. I went with a New Era front bumper because JPS doesn't offer a skid plate to help protect all that shiney aluminum. I also replaced the upper link mounts with InetRC pieces because I knew they had anchors to keep them from swiveling.

For the suspension, I went with good old Associated 4 inch shocks. I stripped the annodizing to match the rest of the silver aluminum on the truck. Next I decided to add the TTR CNC'd sway bar mounts.

For power it's got twin Trinity Speed Gems 17x2 Amber motors and a Novak Super Rooster. Steering is controlled by a Hitec 5654MG. It's finished off with a Proline C-10 long bed body and JPS wheels.

The only stock Clodbuster parts on this truck are the counter gears and shafts, pinions, tires and decals.

This is no shelf queen. I'm going to make some aluminum mini-bumpers like I have on the front of the chassis to put on the rear to protect the cf, then it's off to tear up Brooklyn. I'm hoping the weather holds this weekend for a serious bash session in Prospect Park. In the meantime, check out action shot I took of this very chassis about 3 summers ago, in it's former life.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Approved

Ahhh nize!!! Looks like you got the little more narrower Clod wheels from Paul which I'm not a real huge fan of but then again my taste seems to not so common as to what other people really dig in the R/C scene. heh.

Real nice truck though. I like how you really show off the true Clod scheme by using the original decals on other Chevy platforms, that alone is what set off your other Tremor and also sets this one off.

It says Clod but still keeps the original feel to it when you do that.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Profile YIM

I think these wheels are normal width. Looking at that one pic, I guess they do look slightly narrower. I didn't have a stock wheel to compare them too. If they are narrowed, it's not by much.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

I'm pretty proud of my work tonight. I started off cutting some strips of JR Concepts chassis protector to cover the bottom of the rear gear box. It's fine for the large, flat parts, but the skinny ridges and curves are just too tight for it to work in. I definitely didn't want to add a full bumper and skid to the rear, it's just not my style. I like to build things as clean as humanly possilbe. So, I got to thinking about a mini-skid. I took a piece of 1" aluminum angle and made this. I think it will protect my axle quite well.

The piece:

The piece installed:

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Approved

The wheels you got is the same ones VA_Clod has on his Jugg. Heres the thread. http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=19712 I also called Paul to ask him this question on these wheels and he did infact confirm that he sells two different widths of the Clod size wheels in all his different patterns. He also mentioned that lately and since the time he's been running his JPS package special that he's been shipping out those narrower wheels and are meant more toward the crawler scene being the newer JPS chassie is meant mainly to be a crawler he said.

On another note thats some nice fab work ya dun up with those skids. Best to protect such expensive cases anyway ya can. heh

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am
Profile YIM

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:15 pm

I would like 2 please :D
me too!!

TRAIL TRUCK 1.9 (TLT)
TRUGGY COMP RIG 1.9
SLASH(WAY TOO MUCH FUN)
MADMUDDER 2.2
BAJA 5T
and 2 other project R/C's

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:03 pm

troystr68 wrote:
I would like 2 please :D
me too!!

Haha, thanks. I'm flattered, but unfortunately I'm not really in the parts making and selling business. That skid is really easy to make yourself. Just go to Lowes and get some 1 inch aluminum right angle stock. Measure the distance between the two holes on the bottom of the axle, drill them as close to the other edge of the angle as possible, then trim to fit, and score and bend the ends up to wrap and protect the axle. 8)

Now then, on to the promised action shots:

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:10 am
Profile WWW

sweet photo's!!! you know is always eaiser to have some one else make them than to do it yourself, :shock: I do like the design and will be seeing if I can fit them in on my truck if you don't mind? 8)

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:55 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Approved

looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:56 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Approved

Great action shots! This is an awesome truck!

Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Approved

Love the gearcases man, looks awesome

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 am
Approved

That is one sweet ride :shock:

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Approved

I wish they still made this chassis :( , I love this truck!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next