PRP Berzerker Question

Talk about the Clod Buster, and all other motor on axle trucks here.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Forum rules
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in the general discussion section!
Ragin' Steel

PRP Berzerker Question

Post by Ragin' Steel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:42 pm

I was wonder .... the steering system that comes with the PRP Berzerker chassis ... is it as good as the TTR Aggressor system?

Also ... do the NRCTPA trucks run foam in the tires (or does that cause excessive bounce when landing a jump)?

Thanks for replies in advance :)

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Not to many run foams in their tires. There are some trucks that run in different nrctpa classes that do run them beside the clod. As far as the steering system goes in my opinion I think that the prp setup is much more fefined than the ttr setup. They might not want to hear that but prps is designed to work and it works good with the stock knuckles. The ttr has some issues that will be worked out in due time. I have 5 of the ttr setups but they needed an amount of tweaking to get them where I wanted them to be.
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

Ragin' Steel

Post by Ragin' Steel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:01 am

Well I emailed PRP about buying their Berzerker chassis after reading your response.

Hopefully, I get a response from them soon.

TIER
Approved Member

Post by TIER » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:43 am

PRP's customer service is second to none. i always recieve responses to my emails by the next day.

and im also with eric on there steering system being the most refined and ready to dominate. if only it fit on my trucks :cry:
Maybe im crazy
Maybe your crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm

Ragin Steel that was my response on the steering system alone. Prps setup is the most refined setup out there without a doubt. But as far as chassis goes that starts to become more of a personal opinion. I have seen the Prp chassis dominate it works quite well for nrctpa racing. But I have no experience outside of that. I just wanted to clarify that. I still have yet to get one of their chassis I will in due time. But I will say that the ttr chassis's that I have have worked good for me with the racing that I have done. My main problem is the guy controlling the truck. :D Good Luck. ERIC
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

Ragin' Steel

Post by Ragin' Steel » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 pm

I finally settled on a chassis and placed my order today (PRP never got back to me ... guess they weren't interested) :?

I went with 2x Powers Racing Chassis's ... talk about simplicity!

I'm sure the other carbon fiber products are lighter and quicker ... but the Powers definitely looks to be easier to maintain and setup (few screws to loosen and fall out) especially for a beginner like myself.

Can't wait till they arrive so I can start assembling my trucks 8)

TIER
Approved Member

Post by TIER » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am

im a diehard powers chassis fan, and yes it is the KING of simplicity and durability. now you have to remember the prp steering kit will not work on a powers chassis setup without substantial modification to the upper link mounting.

if you have any assembly or setup questions feel free to pm me 8) .
Maybe im crazy
Maybe your crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

Ragin' Steel

Post by Ragin' Steel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:09 am

well ... RC4WD was "sold out" of the Powers ... a little disappointed about that :?

... but on a brighter note ... Ben did email me today and I placed my order for the Berzerker instead .... funny how things work out the way we originally planned :lol:

Side note ... the Berzerker chassis has increased in price a little ... must be because that winning streak :P

Didn't realize it was going to be this difficult and time consuming to assemble two racing clods ... seems like the things I need are always sold out :(

TIER
Approved Member

Post by TIER » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:46 am

should have come here and asked! i could have given you tim powers' email, im sure he could have helped you out. :wink: .
Maybe im crazy
Maybe your crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

RC_MANIAC21
Approved Member

Post by RC_MANIAC21 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:52 pm

I need a clod. :cry:

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:25 pm

RAGIN STEEL youve got mail. Dont give up just yet. By the way have you considered going the spring nationals in Ohio yet? ERIC

Ragin' Steel

Post by Ragin' Steel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 pm

nah ... Spring Nationals is definitely out of the question ... that's an extremely busy time of the year for me (during planting season) and there's no way I could ever get away for that particular event.

BTW ... nice trucks ... especially that Powers :D

Hows that Xtreme XC2 perform in NRCTPA competition (what kind of shocks are those ... never seen those before)?

The only things I'm waiting on are the axles from TTR (straight & cvd) before assemblying my gear cases.

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 am

I would like better steering on both thats for sure. As far as the xc2 goes I have been playing around with it its allright but I like my ttrs better. The shocks are some old kyoshos or duratrax shocks with internal springs. That truck is stought though it built well.

team prp

Post by team prp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:39 pm

Ragin' Steel wrote:I finally settled on a chassis and placed my order today (PRP never got back to me ... guess they weren't interested) :?

Wow, I am TERRIBLY SORRY to hear about that!?!?!?! I never received an email :( Please feel free to always contact me directly at, ben (at) teamprpracing (dot) com

I just sold a couple of Berzerker's this month and I ALWAYS reply to every email I receive.

This is not good to hear. I wonder if I am not getting some of my mail for some reason???

Again, very sorry that has happened, but please understand that every inquiry is important to me and I would never dismiss anyone's email.

Good luck with your Powers Trucks. They are a great bunch of guys and you should be happy with your trucks.

See you guys at Springs!!! :)

Ben Prenevost

team prp

Post by team prp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:45 pm

Ragin' Steel wrote:... but on a brighter note ... Ben did email me today and I placed my order for the Berzerker instead .... funny how things work out the way we originally planned :lol:
Awesome! I did reply to your first message but something must have happened there. I do remember getting 2 messages from you and replying to both.

THANKS AGAIN for the order and like I mentioned in my email to you earlier today, I am working on getting it all together to get it ready to ship to you (along with getting my taxes done :shock: and my regular day job, It's one of those weeks!?!?!)

If you any questions or anything shoot me an email since I don't check the boards to often right now.

Thanks again!
B