Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

CPE still in business?

Support forum for CPE
http://www.teamcpe.com/
Faze4847
First real R/C car: Tamiya hornet

Re: CPE still in business?

Post by Faze4847 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 am

Placed my order on 2/11. Charged my account on 2/13. Tried making contact by phone, comments box, and email for status of my order. Nothing!!! Contacted my bank to retrieve my money back a few days ago. You have 60 days to file a claim and get your money back plus the interest. A simple email letting me know a roundabout time would have been sufficient for me to wait. But nothing. So to secure my money, I filed the claim. My bank has already credited my money back with the interest. Very poor way to run a business. Waited over 8 weeks.

Faze4847
First real R/C car: Tamiya hornet

Post by Faze4847 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Just checked status of my order this am at cpe. They just sent my order out yesterday. Looks as you have to put a claim to push your order through. Will keep posted after i receive my order. Showing to be delivered Monday.

GodsLiLMistake
Approved
First real R/C car: Team losi jr T

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 am

I still haven't received anything from CPE yet about my order that was screwed up

Irio - esos
Approved
First real R/C car: 1997ish model RC10T
Black annodized chassis, Gold shocks, the works~

Post by Irio - esos » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Came here looking to ask this same question. Sent an email over a week ago and nothing. Maybe you should remove them from the vendor section since you actually have to sell stuff to be a vendor.

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:44 am

Irio - esos wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm
Came here looking to ask this same question. Sent an email over a week ago and nothing. Maybe you should remove them from the vendor section since you actually have to sell stuff to be a vendor.
Sense he has not logged in since February, I would say Mr. Crawford' is not interested in this support forum.
I've been monitoring this thread for a while now, waiting for cpe to chime in and tell his side of this, and I'm still waiting.
Looking at his FB postings, I know he has had online access. I also know he is now headed out of office again, so I would not count on him showing up here any time soon.

Irio - esos
Approved
First real R/C car: 1997ish model RC10T
Black annodized chassis, Gold shocks, the works~

Post by Irio - esos » Tue May 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Bit of a kick there. I guess rc parts are not his main source of income.

Sixtys Guy
First real R/C car: Jet Hopper!

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed May 10, 2017 9:56 pm

I really don't understand the deal with CPE. When I first got into the hobby a few years ago I bought quite a bit of gear off him, and everything as fine. The minute something went wrong though, communication stopped. I had two orders placed around the same time, one turned up with wrong parts and the other part didn't fit. After several emails, Facebook messages and pm's on here, all with no response I posted publicly on here and then I received a public response. He said he hadn't received any emails off me, but didn't address my questions about the pm's and FB messages. And he still didnt respond afterwards. After that I decided not to order from there again.

Since then I reckon I have sent half a dozen or so pm's to users on here and RCMT when they have complained about the service or communication. I hadn't wanted to comment publicly, but it seems out in the open now.

Judging by posts here, on RCMT and on various FB groups this level of customer service and communication is fairly normal. I hope you guys get it all sorted.

GRAVETXT-1
First real R/C car: Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Brett seems to be an all or nothing type of guy it is either great or terrible. Have always had good service off him but at the same time I am very aware of the issues people are having. Maybe I have just been lucky when I have ordered.

It is worrying he has not logged on since 28th February :?
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

GodsLiLMistake
Approved

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 am

I wouldn't order anything from CPE I was so pumped when I got all my parts. After finding a good set of standard hex wrenches and started installing parts next thing I know I was stripping the stainless hardware. I got the truck all built finally, my first problem was with the bta steering set up it was hitting the bottom of my shocks through the travel of the suspension. After readjusting the front shocks so I had the travel and droop I wanted I was ready to go, so I took it easy for the first week or so making adjustments here and there slowly replacing the stripped SS standard hardware with metric black hardware. I took it to my local outdoor track for a little fun. Not even 10 minutes into racing around with a X-maxx I came of a jump and landed nose down... the carbon fiber tie bar snapped like a twig, I heard it make a loud snap over the other trucks on the track. So I took it home, replaced the carbon fiber tie bar with a spare that I accidentally purchased with the chassis. Couple days later I'm over my fiance's house and I pulled out the truck to play around with while I smoked a cigarette. About 30 seconds in on a brand new carbon fiber tie bar i hit a little jump got about a foot and a half of air maybe 2 feet and I checked up on the brakes to hard(came off the bump on a sky wheelie) an sure as dog poop I came down on the front tires... again I hear a loud snap. Broken tie bar again!!! So I took some thin steel to make a support for the tie bar. Works great, now a week or so later I was out in the front yard doing a little freestyle run for my nieces and nephews an one of my upper links came lose from the chassis not a big deal so I started looking over the truck after the run and both of my lower front 4links are bent. So I figured I would go through the truck front to back top to bottom. I'm half tempted to scrap my CPE chassis, 4links an BTA. I would like to go with a kk or one of the Michigan guys chassis at least I know if I have a problem they will help me. Oh and if your new to building clodbusters and would like a racing chassis go with anyone else. Cpe have no instructions or even a base set up for the chassis. So your 100% on your own trying to find pictures on the internet of the chassis. Once you get your stuff from CPE(2 months later) you will never hear from them again, like I said earlier in this thread I'm still waiting to hear back about my body mounts (Jan. 31st is when I started asking about them) but this is just my 2 cents. Back in the day CPE was amazing he even did a trad with me for my crawler to get one of his super clodbuster crawler chassis I think he even threw in a gift certificate for the site.

Hypercliff
First real R/C car: 80's - Thundershot
90's - Pro-cat, cougar 2, Lazer zxr, Super dogfighter, rc10, TT Predator followed by Beer, pubs & Cider
2000's - Houses & girlfriends
2010's - Wife and family
2017 - new Lunch box, vintage Clod Buster, vintage Clod Buster & another vintage Clod Buster! (Fixer uppers). Awaiting CPE predator chassis.....

Post by Hypercliff » Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm

I finally received my chassis kit and a few other bits but have lost the momentum to get them out of the box. I also noticed that there are no instructions. It shouldn't be too much of a problem but it would of been nice to of had at least a few detailed photos to go by.
I ordered direct of the site and paid through PayPal for my order. I eventually took it up with Paypal after 6 weeks of almost no communication. Then I tried something a bit crazy......I ordered a few cheaper bits from them through e-bay. Might seem strange but I wanted the stuff and knew that I was then insured so to speak by both e-bay and paypal to raise a claim if I needed too. I then asked a question straight after ordering. Brett replied within an hour. My conversation then went down the line of "While you're now talking to me, what about my other order......" There was no real apology, only to say that Paypal would side with me and refund me the money because CPE wouldn't be able to get me the goods with a tracking number (to prove shipment) before Paypal made a judgement on the claim in my favour. However, If I was to re-order everything they would apply a 10% discount that they had applied to everyone else during that period. No "We're really sorry" or anything like that. Not even a viable reason. I understand that they were at Monster Jam but this then went on for weeks and weeks after that.

I eventually received all the bits but have lost interest in building my performance clodbuster for now. I've been rebuilding another original vintage clod buster that I bought on e-bay, an 'Unfinished project' (built badly) midnight pumpkin which is nearly done.

It is a huge shame and I feel quite sad to be honest. I'm getting back into RC cars now that I'm late 30's (an have kids). I looked on Clodparts.com and almost every link is dead and most chassis etc are discontinued. It seemed like CPE were one of the very few still supplying these type of chassis and upgrades.

Brett...If you're reading this I really hope things get back on track...

Looking at their e-bay sales and the number of chassis kits available it looks like they still sell quite a few chassis kits.
Me being a late 30 something Engineering Sale Manager has made me think that maybe there is sill a place for a company selling Clod upgrades and chassis kits and maybe there's a market for me to look into producing a hundred or so similar style chassis kits, 4 link kits etc. It would be easy to set up a website with sales through e-bay and pictures and instructions on the website. Watch this space........Maybe... 8)

GodsLiLMistake
Approved

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Let me know if you need a product tester :thumbsup: I've been in the hobby for 21 years I've seen the ups and downs of rc, cpe has been around for a very long time!! I'm sad to see such a amazing guy/business turn into this. I think we are about to see a uprising in the monster truck world in the next year. Axial was smart to put out the smt-10when they did(motorsports are huge right now) I'm very curious to see who will follow in there footsteps. If I had the equipment and a pc that would allow me to design parts I would start last week.

Awesome Kong84
Approved
First real R/C car: Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas T-Maxx, and currently building CPE Barbarian

Post by Awesome Kong84 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

It's been about 3 months of trying to speak to someone at CPE. All I need is a replacement set of body mount spacers and the screws for both ends. When I was on FB Brett told me just send him a message when I'm ready to order because they don't post most hardware for sale on the site. I have a few other things in my shopping cart that I've been holding off ordering out of the fact idk what the additional cost would be for the hardware I'm needing. I'm sure it's not a whole lot more that will cost me but I'm not the type of person who just purchases things blindly. If anyone has any recommendations on where I could possibly get this replacement hardware from other than CPE please let me know. Or unless someone wants to buy my chassis off me please send me a PM. I'll just buy another chassis like a SCMT Warpath or KK-2.

Awesome Kong84
Approved
First real R/C car: Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas T-Maxx, and currently building CPE Barbarian

Post by Awesome Kong84 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 am
I'm still waiting to hear back about my body mounts that are the wrong ones (ordered CF I got aluminum) and that was late January. I think it was the 30th. Still no reply or contact. I have sent a few more emails with no contact also

Do you still have the body mounts?

GodsLiLMistake
Approved

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Awesome Kong84 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm
GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 am
I'm still waiting to hear back about my body mounts that are the wrong ones (ordered CF I got aluminum) and that was late January. I think it was the 30th. Still no reply or contact. I have sent a few more emails with no contact also

Do you still have the body mounts?
Yes I do

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 pm

GodsLiLMistake wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 am
I took it to my local outdoor track for a little fun. Not even 10 minutes into racing around with a X-maxx I came of a jump and landed nose down... the carbon fiber tie bar snapped like a twig, I heard it make a loud snap over the other trucks on the track. So I took it home, replaced the carbon fiber tie bar with a spare that I accidentally purchased with the chassis. Couple days later I'm over my fiance's house and I pulled out the truck to play around with while I smoked a cigarette. About 30 seconds in on a brand new carbon fiber tie bar i hit a little jump got about a foot and a half of air maybe 2 feet and I checked up on the brakes to hard(came off the bump on a sky wheelie) an sure as dog poop I came down on the front tires... again I hear a loud snap. Broken tie bar again!!! So I took some thin steel to make a support for the tie bar. Works great, now a week or so later I was out in the front yard doing a little freestyle run for my nieces and nephews an one of my upper links came lose from the chassis not a big deal so I started looking over the truck after the run and both of my lower front 4links are bent.
To be fair, most clods will not take that kind of abuse. As much as I've fine tuned mine, I always regret it when I run it at the local track as it very rarely leaves without damage. My super-stocker fares better, but much of that has to do with it being slower and narrower. Since it it stock width it is less likely to clip a pipe.

As for the rest, it's seems apparent that CPE is not going to support this forum with his presence.
I'm going to think on this a bit, but this section may go away, and this topic may end up in the bad trader section.