http://www.teamcpe.com/

Moderator: cpe mt

winebuster
Approved Member

Clodbuster Machined Rear Steer Lockouts

Post by winebuster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi,
I have problem.
I am transforming my stock clod, now rebuilding axles and steering.

I just mounted Clodbuster/TXT CVD/XVD Axle Set and when mounting the stock knuckles in the rear I found that the Machined Rear Steer Lockouts seems to require some sort of modification someqhere, but not sure what to do.

Can you help me understanding what kind of change/mod (or mistake I did) I sholud do here?

I post a couple of pics whereyou can see the stock knuckles holes not aligned with the screw holes

I have tried to push them to fit, the result is a locked axle....

Thanks
Tomaso
Attachments
20161101_202757.jpg
Knuckles disalignment
20161101_202757.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 997 times
20161101_202655.jpg
Axle with Clodbuster Axle on and Machined Rear Steer Lockouts
20161101_202655.jpg (83.23 KiB) Viewed 997 times

SFC K
Administrator

Re: Clodbuster Machined Rear Steer Lockouts

Post by SFC K » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:08 pm

One issue is XVDs in the rear with lock outs are pointless. XVDs are only good for steering as they allow more turning radius than the stock shafts and stub alxes.

My suggestion is to remove the XVDs and put the stock shafts back in and save those for your next Clod build.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 am

SFC K wrote:One issue is XVDs in the rear with lock outs are pointless. XVDs are only good for steering as they allow more turning radius than the stock shafts and stub alxes.

My suggestion is to remove the XVDs and put the stock shafts back in and save those for your next Clod build.
I do believe they are stronger though, and more importantly change the width of the truck by about 1/4" per side.

I think you will either have to drill out the center, or go to a different style of lock out.

cpe mt
Approved Member

Post by cpe mt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:29 am

These lockouts are designed for the stock axles and standard dogbone style connection between the inner & outer axles. Since you're overseas, the easiest thing to do short-term is to either enlarge the hole in the lockouts or to use the stock axles in the rear. We do offer our CPE-LOC2 kit which works regardless of which axles you have, it would just take time to get one to you. Thanks!
Brett Crawford - Owner
Crawford Performance Engineering
http://www.teamcpe.com