Bad eBay Traders

Where all the bad deals go!
Halgar
Administrator

Bad eBay Traders

Post by Halgar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Just as the title says.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

FlashGordon1
Approved Member

Re: Bad eBay Traders

Post by FlashGordon1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 am

eBay seller paq999
RE: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0621791168
RE: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25251
:x Within the link that is listed above. I bought it from paq999 last month and got it last Saturday. This esc is very different from what I bought from Hobby Partz. Hobby Wings Tech Support has informed me this was the earlier version of EZRUN-60A-SL.
So stay away from this seller!
SOLID AXLE SHAFT MONSTER TRUCK'S
http://www.facebook.com/groups/228629583892520/

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:37 pm

I paid him on the 7th of march it was to be here by the 22nd he didnt mail it untill the 24th. when asked he told me to track it. http://myworld.ebay.com/rocky_models_hk ... 1497.l2754
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

91lxcoupe
Approved Member

Post by 91lxcoupe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 am

bought some wheels from him on the 4th still now here

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:08 pm

Got mine yesterday.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:46 pm

The rims i got are a knock off of the txt rims :( :evil: . he didnt say anything about that. now i have to drill the hubs so that they well fit. wont be getting anything from him again
"Wow, What a ride!"

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:08 pm

That does suck CC! Man you can't trust the bay, can ya... :roll:
Jeff

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I thin its more of the ones from HONG KONG. This is the first and last time i get anything from there
"Wow, What a ride!"

91lxcoupe
Approved Member

Post by 91lxcoupe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Got mine today they fit on the clod perfect. Still took a month and he told me 7 days

JKRacing37
Approved Member

Post by JKRacing37 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 am

91lxcoupe wrote:Got mine today they fit on the clod perfect. Still took a month and he told me 7 days
If they came from out of country there is a chance they were held at customs and that is out of the seller's hands. I have had stuff get shipped, get a tracking number, and not receive it for 3-4 weeks due to it being held at customs.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:00 am

JKRacing37 wrote:
91lxcoupe wrote:Got mine today they fit on the clod perfect. Still took a month and he told me 7 days
If they came from out of country there is a chance they were held at customs and that is out of the seller's hands. I have had stuff get shipped, get a tracking number, and not receive it for 3-4 weeks due to it being held at customs.
Ditto, You can be sure it was customs. same story here, and it has taken even longer than that for me. Keep in contact with the seller you are dealing with, tracking also shows how long it sits in customs.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 am

charliechristmas58 wrote:The rims i got are a knock off of the txt rims :( :evil: . he didnt say anything about that. now i have to drill the hubs so that they well fit. wont be getting anything from him again
That seller has the TXT-1 copy as well. If you google 'TXT-1 clone review' there is a really good thread (on another forum) which outlines the bad points of the copy.

Kingclod27
Approved Member

Post by Kingclod27 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Yea sometimes things get held up after shipping..I order TXT wheels from the other guy and he is in Japan and sometimes it takes almost a month, I think his wheels are clones too but you cant tell...

We did the review on the TXT clod on rcmt.net and it was a good review...some things we found that were bad but all in all the shipping and total cost made it not a good deal...
The Original Monster Truck

SPEED.......I..AM..SPEED

http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 pm

The only way i could tell is by the back of the rim. those drive pins were huge. I have a set of txt rims and i looked at them and you could really tell by looking at them side by side. but i made them work.
"Wow, What a ride!"

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 am

Ebay Seller: atyhobby

Seller from Hong Kong. I did a 'buy it now' for a Tamiya motor. Took a week to tell me that they don't actually have the motor. Told me they will send when they get one in. I'm trying to get a refund to my paypal account. They are slack in returning my messages. Beware!