Grond: Wild Dagger + WW2k + Bullhead 6x6

Post your R/C Videos here. Only post if you have the rights to the video. Do not upload other peoples work!
Featured video: Tire comparison

LAV25

Grond: Wild Dagger + WW2k + Bullhead 6x6

Post by LAV25 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:34 am

Meet Grond, my first 6x6 custom monster.

Specs:
Three Wild Dagger gearboxes
Wild Willy 2000 short wishbone suspension arms
Some random wheel wideners
CR-01 beadlocks
Masher 2k tires
Bullhead body
A whole mess of hacked up cutting board and aluminum C-channel for a chassis

Build thread is more or less included in the vid, enjoy!

Yeah, I'm the guy you saw hammering in screws with a pipe wrench, why do you ask?

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Grond: Wild Dagger + WW2k + Bullhead 6x6

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:07 am

That was amazing! :thumbsup: (I fixed your vid so it worked BTW)

I love the music you put to that. Since I call my mod-clod Terminator T2... it makes me want to use that music for a video now.

LAV25

Post by LAV25 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:31 am

Thanks for both the compliment and the fix. It's an old video, quality looks like it was filmed with a toaster oven by today's standards, but the truck is still intact, if dusty at the moment.

How did I mess up on the video post? I saw it, but didn't have time to sort it out. I don't have a ton of videos, but I'd like to post without troubling anyone in the future.

-val
Yeah, I'm the guy you saw hammering in screws with a pipe wrench, why do you ask?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:22 pm

I noticed that too, the music that is. Enticing I must say right down to the ending! Cool build for sure. Not sure how you came up with the idea of mating three of the gear boxes to that custom chassis? Seems to preform really well. :)

We have a sticky here that explains how to post vids. See below.
Halgar wrote:Posting YouTube vids is easy. Look at the image in Bills post, notice that he's highlighted everything after the equals sign ( = ). The end of the address is all you need to copy and paste.
Bill Krueger wrote:Here is a quick guide to posting YouTube videos.....

Copy the YouTube URL code. We do not want the full URL however. Just the jumbled mess at the end. I highlighted what you need to highlight and copy in the image below.

Then click on the youtube button up above! Add the code between the youtube UBB code.

Any questions, just ask!
Jeff

LAV25

Post by LAV25 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 am

Wow, featured already, cool! @SFC K, my original idea, when I got back into RC back in the early 2000s, was to make an LAV-25 out of four Dagger gearboxes, hence my username.

Best laid plans and all, I eventually realized that due to the length of the gearboxes, the wheel spacing would be way off, and also that the arm are too narrow for the build (even the stock wide arms), so it just on the back burner for pretty much ever.

Now that 3D printing is a real, achievable thing, however, the LAV may be coming back, even though it won't be using Dagger parts.

We'll see, no money now.

Thanks again!