TXT-1...............how well does it jump

Post your R/C Videos here. Only post if you have the rights to the video. Do not upload other peoples work!
Featured video: Tire comparison

Spiderman

TXT-1...............how well does it jump

Post by Spiderman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:43 pm

Admin-edit:
The TXT-1 vid in post #3 is awesome!
SO check it out!

hi all ........thinking about getting a TXT-1.
how does the truck handle like when driving through the yard and down the curb?
I want something alittle faster.lighter.better high speed suspension than my clod.

Spidey

Demon_Knight

Post by Demon_Knight » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:02 pm

well, the txt is not what your looking for then. It is heavier than a clod, slower(due to higher gearing ratio but don't forget the E-Maxx tranny!) and will have almost exactly the same suspension since its solid axle. You're not talking about a stock clod are you? Coz if you are,then the TXT-1 is a million times better! If you have a mod clod, then its a different story. But yeah, if you want to go fast, you can equip the TXT with an E-Maxx tranny or maybe you should think about getting hotter motors or adding more cells in your clod.

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:09 pm

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:18 pm

weeb_beano wrote:Whee-XT!
Exactly. I don't have anywhere near that kind of power in mine. I just have two 17x2 motors and it's got tons of torque and is pretty fast for such a large truck. It's great for jumping and it tears up and down curbs like nothing. And high speed trips are a dream, it glides over all but the biggest obsticles.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:58 pm

yup looks like i need one of those.
the one in the video needs some tweaking........the thing could barrely stay on all four wheels when he turned the steering.

Spidey

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:18 pm

That's what happens to a mostly stock TXT that got a Hacker B50S motor, and 12 cells :)

Wheels33

Post by Wheels33 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:37 pm

Dude get an emaxx.
Joe

Electrohacker

Post by Electrohacker » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:45 pm

throw either a brushless or an evx/titan system in it it should jump well

Wheels33

Post by Wheels33 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:50 pm

I still say get the Emaxx, for the cost you pay for the TXT, you can get the Emaxx for amost half the price. With that extra money you would spend on the txt, throw a few hops ups in it.
With the independent susspension you cannot go wrong. It's fast stock. At least i think so. That is what i have to jump around lol
Joe

Electrohacker

Post by Electrohacker » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:52 pm

Wheels33 wrote:I still say get the Emaxx, for the cost you pay for the TXT, you can get the Emaxx for amost half the price. With that extra money you would spend on the txt, throw a few hops ups in it.
With the independent susspension you cannot go wrong. It's fast stock. At least i think so. That is what i have to jump around lol
and put teh savigns into fixing it often as it WILL break (but so will a txt if you push it too far, the txt have more metal stock, metal = stronger)

weeb_beano

Post by weeb_beano » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:08 am

I'm able to eat E-maxxes for lunch with that truck. Tug of war, or a straight line drag :)

Plus i don't break down all the time like the E-maxxes that i ran with over the summer. The only thing that gives regularly on that truck are the Maxx sliders i use on it, but in a way they act like a slipper clutch.

Sure, it corners like a wet loaf of bread, but that video is before i machined anti-roll torsion bars. In that video the truck was still running stock axles, before i machined some duplicate components out of S7 and A2 tool steel, and upgraded to roller bearings :)

andymac0035
Administrator

Re: TXT-1...............how well does it jump

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 am

From the archives!

Check out the TXT-1 video in post #3 !!!!!! 8)