what do you all drive

A place for all your non-R/C related discussions. Talk about whatever you like, but ALL posting rules still apply here!
the clodtalk rules
xDezor
Approved Member

Re: what do you all drive

Post by xDezor » Sun May 31, 2015 4:54 am

Used to drive a 2002 Saturn SL2 - Manual 5 speed (Manual everything actually, but it did have AC), ~90 - 100 HP. Loved that car. Could get 40mpg highway driving 70mph. Drove home from school one day through north Minneapolis and some ghetto guy drove through a red light and totaled it in 2012. :evil:

After that I've been driving a 2003 VW Passat wagon which I bought to get back at school... 5 speed automatic *shudders*. Although technically it's a nicer vehicle, I hate the accompanied weight and electronics. I cant stand the transmission. I also despise how annoying/expensive it is to maintain. For example, why would you ever decide to mount an oil filter upside down at a 45° angle? No matter what you're going to get oil EVERYWHERE when you change it out. I'll be replacing it soon with a new vehicle, probably a Subaru Crosstrek or WRX if I can bring myself to buy such an ugly car.
Rob

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun May 31, 2015 6:05 am

Claude Balls wrote:Kia sure have come a long way. Nice lookin car!
I remember when they first entered the scene as a stripped out, tin can, econo-box held together with spit and baling wire. Today, they're much more refined. Can't say that I'd want one, but certainly wouldn't be ashamed to drive one either.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Sun May 31, 2015 4:38 pm

jdmerrill1240 wrote:2015 Kia Optima SXL Turbo!
So, I've rented a few of these while training in Texas. Great cars. I am always a designated driver while out there and everybody that piled in (sometimes 6 people LOL) commented on how nice the car was and how nice it rode. I agree,,,KIA has come a long way. Congrats.
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

markbt73

Post by markbt73 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:15 am

Last edited by markbt73 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

132NHAF
Administrator

Post by 132NHAF » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 pm

My "New" ride. 1987 VFR Interceptor. Been sitting across the street in the garage (yep, a real garage find) for 19 YEARS!!! Picked it up for $400, put another $600 into it: carb gaskets, tires, registration...etc. Runs great and is a blast to ride. One big priority is a breathable seat cover, it's warming up a bit here in SoCal.

Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

132NHAF wrote: it's warming up a bit here in SoCal.
WHINER!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

xDezor
Approved Member

Post by xDezor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 pm

I bought my dream car a couple of weeks ago (first new car too!). 2016 Subaru WRX Limited :)

Rob

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 am

That is sweet Rob! I love the WRX's! 8)
Jeff

WWhiskey

Post by WWhiskey » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Sit down, strap in, shut up and hold on!

shadowfocus603
Approved Member

Post by shadowfocus603 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 pm

I have a black 2004 Ford Focus SVT with the Euro Appearance Package. Wanted one since high school and finally found a nice one year before last. As with everything else I have it is most definitely not stock anymore lol.

xDezor
Approved Member

Post by xDezor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 am

SFC K wrote:That is sweet Rob! I love the WRX's! 8)
Thanks Jeff! It means a lot, I really love the car! :) I've been in love with WRX's for over a decade and I've never had an opportunity to buy one until now. I can honestly say I look forward to driving to work, or the grocery store, or anywhere really... Even my trip to the state fair today was delightful. I've had the car for 3 weeks and I've put on 1500 miles just driving around the twin cities for fun.

The really hard part is not buying parts for the car, and finally finish building my Clod. :lol: I'll try to update my build thread tomorrow!
Rob

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:43 pm

xDezor wrote:
SFC K wrote:That is sweet Rob! I love the WRX's! 8)
Thanks Jeff! It means a lot, I really love the car! :) I've been in love with WRX's for over a decade and I've never had an opportunity to buy one until now. I can honestly say I look forward to driving to work, or the grocery store, or anywhere really... Even my trip to the state fair today was delightful. I've had the car for 3 weeks and I've put on 1500 miles just driving around the twin cities for fun.

The really hard part is not buying parts for the car, and finally finish building my Clod. :lol: I'll try to update my build thread tomorrow!

I hear you! I always love just tooling around the cities cranking the music (windows up of course). :wink:
Jeff

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 pm

SFC K wrote:I always love just tooling around the cities cranking the music (windows up of course). :wink:
Society thanks you, we're tired of the Frozen soundtrack. :wink: :lol:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Halgar wrote:
SFC K wrote:I always love just tooling around the cities cranking the music (windows up of course). :wink:
Society thanks you, we're tired of the Frozen soundtrack. :wink: :lol:
LOL, Even with the windows up, the three subs in the back still can be heard... :mrgreen:
Jeff

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:01 am

Daily driver is a 99 Regal GS with the Supercharged 3.8L Weekend toys are an 87 Grand National that Ive had since high school and a 97 Camaro Z28 with the T56 6-Speed trans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.