Whats everyone been up to?

A place for all your non-R/C related discussions. Talk about whatever you like, but ALL posting rules still apply here!
the clodtalk rules
DirtyChevy45
First real R/C car: I custom built a clod
2wd Stampede Nitro/Elec

Whats everyone been up to?

Post by DirtyChevy45 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:49 pm

well, after surfing around it seems theres not as much activity as there used to be, i used to be on here as the 41st member to join in 2004,

41 ModTXT-1 Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:18 pm 640, posts

i couldn't remember my password lol. but it seemed like it was more active back then from what i remember, just curious where everyone is and whats been going on with everyone.

i graduated HS in Michigan, Got married and went to school in Chicago graduated and was married for 6 years while working at GM Proving Grounds in Milford Michigan. Went through a divorce after my wife made some poor life decisions. ive moved to TN a little over a year ago and work for Swamps Diesel Performance & Technology. have met a wonderful girl and am just enjoying life and getting back into some hobbies i used to have.

like i said just curious where everyone is?!?!

Mike

Justinswraps
Company Owner
First real R/C car: My first R/C was a Traxxas Hawk 2

Re: Whats everyone been up to?

Post by Justinswraps » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Work ties me up until Thanksgiving
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

Halgar
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Tamiya Clodbuster

Post by Halgar » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 pm

1Badclod85 wrote:Work ties me up until Thanksgiving
You kinky bastid! :shock: #-o :lol: :lol:

We generally quiet down a bit in the summer when everyone is off with family and friends doing outside activities. Winter picks up a bit when people are more house bound.

As for what I've been doing, not much, other than being the usual thorn in Andy's side. Of course, he'd say the pain was a little lower and more centrally located out back, that's just the way he is. :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

SFC K
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Clod Buster!

Post by SFC K » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:36 am

If you need your password reset just pm one of us mods and we can reset it if you want your old user name, Just need your email in a pm. Sorry, but I don't think we can migrate the two. :wink:
Jeff

CowboyClod
Approved
First real R/C car: Marui Big Bear,ClodBuster

Post by CowboyClod » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 pm

No internet connection at our new home yet!! The service provider can only offer speed dial up of where we are located. The only way for me to get to this forum is to bring my PC to my folks. Other than that We live fifteen minutes outside of town on a private road of where its peaceful and nice a way from everything. Do I miss the internet? No I don't it feels just like living in the 1980's and it feels great at the apparent moment. I will get speed dial up at the end of this month though depending on our budget. As of I now I come here when I can. Projects have come to a end for me and I don't see any future projects in the months that lay ahead of me. If I do any it be done without spending any money. For Instance I will be upgrading Big,Bad&BouncyII with tilt hood and it will be done without spending any money on detail scale parts. The hinges and body mount brackets will be homemade.

CowboyClod
Approved

Post by CowboyClod » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 pm

UpDate!! We finally have connection now our limit is 300GIG per month. We had to get Bell telephone to come in to get the phone line looped. We are also using ROKU. Who needs cable right!! but even at that cable company does not come out to our area of where we live. Hopefully that will change next year as our Government is spose to pay out to companies to have fiber optic cables put through so people way out in cottage country have better services including internet instead of relying on satellite dish. It will take several years to get it out through out Cottage country

WWhiskey
First real R/C car: It was a Grasshopper

Post by WWhiskey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:50 pm

1Badclod85 wrote:Work ties me up until Thanksgiving
Same!
Till December for me!
Handful of projects sitting on the shelf, hoping to put them together this winter!

Sitting closer is this mockup, but nowhere near close to the end result!
Sit down, strap in, shut up and hold on!

Halgar
Site Admin

Post by Halgar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:36 am

I watched the Minions movie tonight. What I want to know is, when did Andy, Special K, and 132NHAF have time to make a movie based on how they found me?!?!?! Guess I need to increase the beatings and find new miniony things for them to do! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guess it's time to put another ad up on Facebook . . . #-o :roll: :roll:

DirtyChevy45
First real R/C car: I custom built a clod
2wd Stampede Nitro/Elec

Post by DirtyChevy45 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats great

Sixtys Guy
First real R/C car: Jet Hopper!

Post by Sixtys Guy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:47 pm

I've been diversifying my work life! I own a heating business, but that has gotten a bit stale. I started it 16 years ago and it is at a stage where I don't really need to be there full time (at least all the time). About a year ago I started up a 4wd Tagalong and Training business, that operates as a part time business over summer. I also started teaching at a local trade school. Just got offered a gig yesterday, leading a 4wd TV show around the state for 12 days.

And I have a couple of RC MT projects that need finishing, but having trouble finding the time at the moment.

Diamond Dave
First real R/C car: Losi Jr-T (1989), Losi Jrx2 (1990)
FS Racing King Kong
AlumaClod
Losi Ten-T X 2
Traxxas Slash
TA MGT 8.0, TA TC4, TT01 Drift
SCX-10 Hybrid
Tamiya CR-01, Porsche 959
Evader ST, XTM X-cellerator
Speedwerks Turmoil EBuggy
ProBoats ThunderCat
Six Heli's, Champ plane

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Not much has changed for me.

I work, come home, take holidays. I do much more outdoor activities now, fishing, camping etc.

I always take a few trucks with me, do some trail runs with a beer in hand.

Been trying to put money away to buy some land. Hoarding gold and silver when I come across it, cash it in when the time is right. 8)

Halgar
Site Admin

Post by Halgar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:23 am

Diamond Dave wrote:Been trying to put money away to buy some land. Hoarding gold and silver when I come across it, cash it in when the time is right. 8)
Well, you should quite hoarding around so much and spend more time with your family. Wait, what am I saying, you should be spending more time with your friends! No wait, that's not right either. You should be spending more time HERE! That's it! That's what I meant! I knew it would come to me if I thought hard enough! #-o :lol: :lol:

thegodofclod
Approved
First real R/C car: A clodbuster, duh. Followed by many others.

Post by thegodofclod » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 pm

I've been gone a long time but, after pulling all my r/c stuff out of the attic, I've decided to return for a while to lurk and BS. At this point I've resurrected my mugen 1/8th scale and I'm working on bringing back the supermaxx. After I left this place I spent a lot of time working on my 74, going to college and of course partying. Back in 2011 I moved to oregon with my gf. We bought a house 2 years ago, and we're getting married next year. I had Bill reset my account so I could log in. Nice to see some older screen names around here still.

In other news WUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ UPPPPPPP?!

CowboyClod
Approved

Post by CowboyClod » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm

So what's been everybody been up too in the past year? Well this retro now has a ESS-ONE with 102mm scale shocks with eight lower shock mounts that I fabricated myself but will soon be modified with cross brace so eight more shocks can go on. This build will also have upgraded pinions with tilt hood that I'm planning out.

I've also upgraded the Ground Pounder with blue compound FireStorm tires with 25mm offset

Halgar
Site Admin

Post by Halgar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 pm

CowboyClod wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm
. This build will also have upgraded pinions with tilt hood that I'm planning out.
Boy that's a lot of red! Great looking truck, but dayum that's a lot of red! :mrgreen: