The CowRC Michigan Monsters 2013-2014 Racing Series

Going to a meet? Trying to organize one? Just get back from one?
Talk about it here, and let everyone know about it.
Budhatrain
Business Member

The CowRC Michigan Monsters 2013-2014 Racing Series

Post by Budhatrain » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 am

There you go race fans, round 1 of the CowRc Michigan Monsters Racing Series is in the books. Racing three rounds for each class! This week was a tight technical course with two car jumps and a nascar style whoopty whoop to punch it in.

In the Traxxas Monster Jam class we had 14 trucks with 6 drivers. Competition was close... we had three different TQ drivers; Mike Mascia (Max D) Rd. 1, Tim Dufore (Captains Curse) Rd. 2, and Dan Dufore (Monster Mutt) Rd. 3. Mike Mascia with his Max D truck won the 1 and 3 rounds and round 2 with his Grinder truck. Sa-Weep! However, this year we will be awarding each TQ truck with an extra point for the day :) Check out the point standings below. This is a great class to enter, the traxxas Monster Jam trucks are very affordable and easy to pick up and race. Only modification drivers are allowed is radio gear and aftermarket steering servos. Custom bodies are allowed but we ask that you keep the body true Monster Jam themed.

Truck Name Round 1
Max D - MM 11 (1 TQ point)
Grave Digger 30th - DD 7
Captain Curse - MM 6
Madusa - MD 6
Max D - DD 6
Grinder - MM 5
Captain Curse - TD 5 (1 TQ point)
Monster Mutt - DD 5 (1 TQ point)
Grave Digger - TD 4
Sonuva Digger - MD 4
Grave Digger - ME 3
Monster Mutt- ME 3
Bounty Hunter - MD 2
Grave Digger - RS 2

In the premier Pro-Modified class, sponsored by CrawfordPerformanceEngineering, we had 36 trucks with 15 drivers. TQ honors went to Mike Mascia (Amsoil) Rd.1, Mike Eaton (Black Loco) Rd. 2, and Mike Mascia (Amsoil) again for Rd. 3. That gives Mike Mascia and his ZRP Amsoil truck a $10 TQ certificate award from CPE. Speaking of Mike Mascia, Mike won the first two rounds with his ZRP Bigfoot Truck. Jimmy Grahl took the third round with TTR Ripper Pro TEAM GT. Check out the point standings below. Like mentioned for the traxxas class we are giving all TQ trucks an extra point. Keep this in the back of your head, the series champion for the pro-modified class will win a Barbarian Chassis from CPE! Thank you Brett...

Truck Name Round 1
Bigfoot - MM 14
Team GT - JG 13
Space Ghost - JG 11
Diablo - JZ 10
Tonka - JG 10
Amsoil - MM 10 (2 TQ points)
Bigfoot Odyssey - MM 9
Black El Toro - ME 9 (1 TQ point)
Captain America - ME 7
OMG - JG 6
Blue Thunder - MD 5
Ground Pounder - MM 5
OGIO - SH 5
Sudden Impact - DD 5
Bigfoot 2K - SH 4
Bigfoot Liberty - DD 4
Hotwheels - JG 4
Madusa - CG 4
Madusa -MD 4
Monster Energy - SH 4
Not For Sale - JR 4
Big Dawg - DD 3
Bigfoot - MD 3
CKP - CG 3
Inferno - SH 3
Predator - TD 3
Yellow El Toro - ME 3
Bigfoot - DP 2
Blacksmith - ME 2
Blue Thunder - DD 2
Bus Burner - MR 2
Diablo 2 - JZ 2
DMC - DC 2
Grave Digger - AS 2
Metal Mulisha - MM 2
Grave Digger - JD 1

Here is a youtube video of one of the pro-mod rounds, thanks Stephen!

[youtube]WGKUnfTdS7E[/youtube]

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!!! Same place, November 23.
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

vwjuice
Approved Member

Re: The CowRC Michigan Monsters 2013-2014 Racing Series

Post by vwjuice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

That's a cool layout. It looks like a lot of fun. Glad too see some Traxxas Monster Jams in the mix as well.
SFC K is my hero!
All bow down before the great terminator-smilie!

Blues Racing

Post by Blues Racing » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Glad you guys had a great first event. Wish I could make it to the race this weekend.

Jason

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Jason, that would be sweet to hang out and race again!
Need Screws?! Check out Screw Loose Hex Head Hardware here at Clodtalk or go to http://screwloosehardware.com

Team Driver for 2 great companies, visit http://www.cowrc.com and http://store.rc4wd.com/

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:29 am

There you go race fans the second round for the CowRC Michigan Monsters Racing Series is in the books and this is your race recap! This week we introduced the “Rookie” class with a huge turnout. This run-what-you-brung racing class allows newbies of all ages to feel and touch the exciting side-by-side elimination racing we have all come to love. We saw a couple new faces this week with a high speed/big jump layout. Watch out for the last jump right before the finish line… you might get disqualified if you hit the timing system.

Our first-time rookie class boasted a staggering 16 trucks with 12 different drivers. Craig S is sitting in the top two spots with his Thrasher and Excaliber MTs. Thrasher scored two TQ points with Excaliber claiming the third. However times are close and on his tail are drivers like young Josh Z and Mr. Doug M. Round winners; Amsoil Doug M, Grave Digger Josh Z, and Thrasher Craig G. This class will be like a fine wine, “better and better with time,” so this is the class to watch  Posted below are the points for this month.

Thrasher - CS 11 **2 TQ points (TOP TRUCK FOR THE DAY)
Excaliber - CS 8 *1 TQ point
Grave Digger - JZ 8
Amsoil - DM 7
Sonuva Digger - JZ 6
Grave Digger – AS 5
Bus Burner - MR 4
Ground Pounder - AS 4
Blacksmith - BE 3
Cherokee Crusher - MS 3
Shock Therapy - MS 3
Stingray Stomper - MS 3
Bigfoot - DP 2
Green Lantern - DE 2
Snake Bite - LE 2
Monster Mutt Roxy - LC 1

In the Traxxas Monster Jam class we had 15 truck entries (that’s 1+ from last week with a couple guys out and couple new guys and truck coming in). Mike M better watch out because he had to share his TQ points with two other drivers, Joe G and Matt D this week. Speaking of Joe, where did this guy come from, he’s fast and clearly able to give these old dudes some good competition. Round winners; Captians Curse Mike M, Sonuva Digger Joe G, and Grinder Mike M. Next month I expect to see brothers Dan and Tim back and who knows what will go down in round three. Check out the points update below.

Max D - MM 16
Captains Curse - MM 14
Madusa - MD 13
Grinder - MM 12
Bounty Hunter - MD 10 *1 TQ point
Sonuva Digger - JG 10 *1 TQ point (TOP TRUCK OF THE DAY)
Sonuva Digger - MD 9
Grave Digger 30th - DD 7
Max D - DD 6 *1 TQ point
Captain Curses - TD 5
Grave Digger - RS 5
Monster Mutt - DD 5
Monster Mutt - JG 5
Grave Digger - TD 4
Monster Mutt - KW 4
Captains Curse - KW 3
Grave Digger - ME 3
Monster Mutt- ME 3
Sonuva Digger - AS 3
Sonuva Digger - RS 3
Captains Curse - DP 2
Monster Mutt - DM 2

In the premier Pro-Modified class sponsored by Crawfordperformanceengineering.com, we had 31 MTs (last month was 36). WOW, considering we had a large number of drivers enter into the rookie class… the racing fever has struck and now we are burning up. Think about it, we were missing the big fleet of Dan D and his brother Tim this week. Buuut… welcome back to the show Mr. Phil G. with three TQ points for the day, Sa-weep! With his impressive driving that puts him up there with 12 points for this round with the likes of Jimmy G. Jimmy took two rounds with Space Ghost and Mike M. one with Bigfoot. The course layout proved to be an equalizer, less technical but high speeds and big jumps… stay competitive drivers because it’s still anybody’s race—it seemed like everyone DQ’d. Check out the points below.

Bigfoot - MM 25
Space Ghost - JG 23 (TIED FOR TOP TRUCK OF DAY)
Team GT - JG 17
Diablo - JZ 15
Bigfoot Summit - MM 14
Black El Toro - ME 13
Bigfoot Speed - MM 12
Captain America - ME 12
Nitro Circus - PG 12 ***3 TQ points (TIED FOR TOP TRUCK OF DAY)
OMG - JG 12
Tonka - JG 12
Bigfoot Odyssey - MM 11
OGIO - SH 10
Hotwheels - JG 9
Blue Thunder - MD 8
Madusa - CG 8
Madusa -MD 8
Monster Energy - SH 8
Yellow El Toro - ME 8
Bigfoot - MD 7
Not For Sale - JR 7
Bigfoot 2K - SH 6
Bigfoot Vicor - MD 6
Diablo 250 - JZ 6
Inferno - SH 6
Pastrana 199 -PG 6
DMC - DC 5
Iron Outlaw - PG 5
Metal Mulisha - MM 5
Sudden Impact - DD 5
Bigfoot Liberty - DD 4
Blacksmith - ME 4
Big Dawg - DD 3
CKP - CG 3
Diablo S - JZ 3
Predator - TD 3
Bigfoot - DP 2
Blue Thunder - DD 2
Bus Burner - MR 2
Grave Digger - AS 2
Grave Digger - JD 1
Monster Mutt Roxy - DC 1

Here is the "spear" landing for the week! Ouch says the "turnbuckles"

Here is a video of some round 2 racing action. *** Props goes out to Danielle and Stephen for pictures and vids!

[youtube]x9AFgiU_t6c[/youtube]

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:01 am

Thanks for following the CowRC Michigan Monsters racing series, round 3 is in the books and this is your RACE RECAP. Considering this is the weekend before Christmas, this is yet another strong showing with a great number of entries. These guys and gals are racing their monster trucks.

In the “rookie class,” we saw the number of entries bump from 16 to 25 trucks! THAT’S A LOT OF TRUCKS… Mr. Zyck had a good idea creating this popular racing class. Hats off to Craig S. for being Top Qualifier (TQ) in two of the three races, Aron Swett nabbing the second race. The top five drivers for the day were Craig S., Doug M., Aron S., Mark S., and Molly R. Great job gang, see the points below.
Thrasher - CS 25 ** 2 TQ points, TOP Truck for day
Amsoil - DM 15
Excaliber - CS 13
Ground Pounder - AS 12 * 1 TQ point
Bus Burner - MR 10
Shock Therapy - MS 10
Grave Digger - AS 9
Grave Digger - JZ 8
Cherokee Crusher - MS 7
Sonuva Digger - JZ 6
Max D - AS 6
Simply Wicked - MS 6
Stingray Stomper - MS 5
Payne Killer - DP 5
Black Death - TNT 5
Hulk - DC 4
Cherry Bomb - KW 4
Blacksmith - BE 3
Monster Roxy - DC 3
Thing II - DP 3
Bigfoot - DP 2
Green Lantern - DE 2
Snake Bite - LE 2
Rip Cord - RP 2
Monster Mutt Roxy - LC 1

In the “traxxas MJ class” we saw 18 trucks compete. Welcome back Dan D., after taking a week off he returns and scores a TQ point with Mike M. nabbing the other two. The top three drivers for the day are Mike M., Dan D., and Joe G. Series total listed below.

Max D - MM 30 ** 2 TQ points, TOP Truck for the day
Captains Curse - MM 22
Grinder - MM 19
Madusa - MD 18
Grave Digger 30th - DD 17
Sonuva Digger - JG 16
Bounty Hunter - MD 15
Monster Mutt - DD 14
Max D - DD 13 *1 TQ point
Monster Mutt - JG 13
Sonuva Digger - MD 11
Grave Digger - RS 7
Monster Mutt - KW 6
Sonuva Digger - RS 6
Captain Curses - TD 5
Captains Curse - KW 5
Sonuva Digger - AS 5
Captains Curse - DP 4
Grave Digger - TD 4
Monster Mutt - DM 4
Grave Digger - ME 3
Monster Mutt- ME 3

In the CPE sponsored “pro-modified” class we saw 36 truck entries. Jimmy G. snatches two of the of the three TQ points for the day and is the CPE TQ award winner. Hot on his tail is Phil G. nabbing up one of the available TQ points. The top three drivers for the day were Phil G., Jimmy G., and Mike M. Congrats guys, below are the series total.

Bigfoot - MM 35
Space Ghost - JG 34 * 1 TQ point
Team GT - JG 31 * 1 TQ point
Nitro Circus - PG 27 * 1 TQ point, TOP Truck for the day
Bigfoot Summit - MM 22
Tonka - JG 22
Diablo - JZ 20
Bigfoot Odyssey - MM 18
Bigfoot Speed - MM 17
Hotwheels - JG 17
Black El Toro - ME 15
OMG - JG 15
Captain America - ME 14
Monster Energy - SH 14
Bigfoot - MD 13
OGIO - SH 12
Sudden Impact - DD 12
Yellow El Toro - ME 12
Inferno - SH 11
Madusa -MD 11
Pastrana 199 -PG 11
Bigfoot Liberty - DD 10
Bigfoot Vicor - MD 10
Blue Thunder - MD 10
Bigfoot Firestone - JR 10
Diablo 250 - JZ 9
Metal Mulisha - MM 9
Big Dawg - DD 8
Bigfoot 2K - SH 8
Madusa - CG 8
Iron Outlaw - PG 7
Blacksmith - ME 6
Blue Thunder - DD 6
Ground Pounder - JoGa 4
CKP - CG 3
Diablo S - JZ 3
Predator - TD 3
Black Ripper - BP 3
White Ripper - BP 2
Sonuva Monster - PW 2

Hashtag turnbucklessayouch

Looking under the hood

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:12 am

Very nice Mike! :thumbsup:
I really like that Bronco, it's making me want to put the old wriath-buster's body on my terminator.

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 am

that is the fastest truck in the series... running dual silver cans with 4s. this year he has competition so we will see how it finishes out.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:14 am

Awesome pictures Mike and to see the tires nearly popping off the rim! Looks like you all had a great time!
Jeff

scClodmaniac
Approved Member

Post by scClodmaniac » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 pm

I wish we had racing like this down south where I live!! That looks like a lot of fun!

lunch_boxer
Approved Member

Post by lunch_boxer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 am

OMG this happens in brownstown! thats about 17 minutes from my house. and I really want to start racing a clod.

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:35 pm

next race is this Saturday, come on out and take a look!!!

lunch_boxer
Approved Member

Post by lunch_boxer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm

If I don't have to work I'll be there!

lunch_boxer
Approved Member

Post by lunch_boxer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:18 pm

boy I hope I can make it to the race on 2-8-14 but once again it will be dependent on my work schedule.

Budhatrain
Business Member

Post by Budhatrain » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:23 am

Round 5A and 5B racing of the COW RC / Michigan Monsters 2013-2014 racing series was held at the Germania Hall in Brownstown Mi on Feb 1st and Feb 22nd. Due to a double booking on Feb 8th the racers were allowed to run both days with their highest point day going towards their season points.

Due to a short notice of the Feb 1st race we had a smaller turnout than usual. Also Mother Nature decided to throw some snow into the mix. This snow was a problem that hindered us for the day resulting in only 2 rounds of racing to be run. Yep the hall lost power.

So let's concentrate on the Feb 22nd race day. This day the track crew decided to give us a 3 lane course. We started in the center lane turning toward the center of the carpet with an immediate ramp. After the ramp it was a blast down to the first turn car turning down the center lane. Around a turning car for a 180 back up the center lane turn outwards to the outer lane welcomed with another ramp. After you landed it was a blast down the straight and turning towards the center lane through the same start/finish line. This last turn was a handful. Too much speed and you went tumbling out of bounds. Too little and the competition beat you to the finish line.

We started the day off with out Traxxas Monster Jam Stampede Class. Today we had a 19 truck field. We welcomed new comers Addam Worthy, Andre Franklin and Domanick Franklin. We also welcomed back Mike Kowalczyk. TQ for Round 1 went to Mikey Mascia with his Max D Stampede. TQ for Round 2 went to Dan Dufore with his Monster Mutt Stampede. TQ for Round 3 went to Matt Dufore with his Bounty Hunter Stampede.

The top Monster Jam Stampede of the Day was Mikey Mascia and his Max D Stampede with 13 points. Followed closely by Dan Dufore with his Grave Digger 30th Stampede and Mikey Mascia with his Grinder Stampede with 10 points each.

Monster Jam Stampede Points Season Total
1 Max D - MM 50
2 Grave Digger 30th - DD 34
3 Madusa - MD 34
4 Captains Curse - MM 33
5 Grinder - MM 33
6 Monster Mutt - DD 31
7 Bounty Hunter - MD 29
8 Max D - DD 28
9 Sonuva Digger - MD 18
10 Sonuva Digger - JG 16
11 Monster Mutt - JG 13
12 Grave Digger - RS 12
13 Sonuva Digger - RS 11
14 Monster Mutt - KW 10
15 Captains Curse - KW 9
16 Sonuva Digger - AS 9
17 Monster Mutt - DM 7
18 Captains Curse - DP 6
19 Monster Energy - ME 6
20 Captains Curse - MD 6
21 Captain Curses - TD 5
22 Metal Mulisha - MK 5
23 Grave Digger - TD 4
24 Monster Mutt- ME 3
25 Max D - AW 3
26 Monster Mutt - CF 2
27 Grave Digger - AM 2
28 Grave Digger - AF 2
29 Sonuva Digger - DF 2

Our second class of the day was the Rookies Class. Today we had a 14 truck field. We welcomed new comers Addam Worthy, Andre Franklin and Domanick Franklin. We also welcomed back Mike Kowalczyk. TQ for Round 1 went to Anothony Mascia with his Amsoil CPE Barbarian. TQ for Round 2 went to Andre Franklin with his Flamin Green Ford ZRP Diablo. TQ for round 3 went to Andre Franklin again with his Flamin Green Ford ZRP Diablo.

The top Rookie of the Day was Andre Franklin and his Flamin Green Ford ZRP Diablo with 12 points. Followed closely by Anthony Mascia with his Amsoil CPE Barbarian with 9 points and Craig Stuart with his Thrasher ZRP Diablo with 8 points.

Rookies Season Points Total

1 Thrasher - CS 45
2 Excaliber - CS 28
3 Amsoil - DM 20
4 Bus Burner - MR 19
5 Grave Digger - JZ 19
6 Sudden Impact - AM 18
7 Ground Pounder - AS 17
8 Sonuva Digger - JZ 16
9 Max D - AS 16
10 Flamin Green Ford - AF 12
11 Cherokee Crusher - MS 11
12 Cherry Bomb - KW 11
13 Grave Digger - AS 10
14 Shock Therapy - MS 10
15 Hulk - DC 10
16 Monster Roxy - DC 10
17 Payne Killer - DP 9
18 Amsoil - AM 9
19 Black Death - TNT 8
20 Simply Wicked - MS 8
21 Stingray Stomper - MS 7
22 Ben 10 - JZ 7
23 Black Stallion - MK 7
24 Thing II - DP 6
25 Blacksmith - BE 3
26 Relax Crew - AW 3
27 Bigfoot - DP 2
28 Green Lantern - DE 2
29 Snake Bite - LE 2
30 Rip Cord - RP 2
31 WraithBuster - SS 2
32 BackDraft - MK 2
33 Monster Mutt Roxy - LC 1
34 Evil Green - MS 1

Our third class of the day was the CPE Pro Modified Class. Today we had a 29 truck field. TQ for Round 1 went to Phil Grande with his Nitro Circus TTR Ripper Pro. TQ for Round 2 went to Phil Grande with his Pastrana 199 ZRP Diablo. TQ for round 3 went to Mikey Mascia with his Metal Mulisha ZRP Diablo.

Phil's 12.15 TQ with his Nitro Circus TTR Ripper Pro was the TQ of the day!

The top Pro Mod of the Day was Mikey Mascia with his Bigfoot ZRP Diablo with 12 points. Followed closely by Mikey Mascia with his Bigfoot Summit ZRP Diablo with 11 points and Phil Grande with his Nitro Circus TTR Ripper Pro with 10 points.

CPE ProMod Season Points Total

1 Bigfoot - MM 53
2 Space Ghost - JG 42
3 Nitro Circus - PG 41
4 Team GT - JG 41
5 Tonka - JG 40
6 Bigfoot Summit - MM 39
7 Bigfoot Odyssey - MM 33
8 Bigfoot Speed - MM 33
9 Hotwheels - JG 32
10 Diablo - JZ 30
11 Bigfoot Vicor - MD 26
12 Bigfoot Liberty - DD 25
13 Metal Mulisha - MM 25
14 OMG - JG 23
15 Pastrana 199 -PG 22
16 Sudden Impact - DD 21
17 Monster Energy - SH 20
18 Blue Thunder - MD 19
19 Bigfoot - MD 18
20 Black El Toro - ME 17
21 Captain America - ME 17
22 Diablo 250 - JZ 16
23 Madusa -MD 16
24 OGIO - SH 16
25 Yellow El Toro - ME 16
26 Big Dawg - DD 15
27 Inferno - SH 15
28 Saigon Shaker - JR 15
29 Bigfoot 2K - SH 13
30 Blue Thunder - DD 12
31 Iron Outlaw - PG 11
32 Blacksmith - ME 8
33 Madusa - CG 8
34 Diablo S - JZ 6
35 Sonuva Monster - PW 6
36 CKP - CG 5
37 DMC - DC 5
38 Ground Pounder - JoGa 4
39 Predator - TD 3
40 Black Ripper - BP 3
41 Darkside - SH 3
42 Bigfoot - DP 2
43 Bus Burner - MR 2
44 Grave Digger - AS 2
45 White Ripper - BP 2
46 Grave Digger - JD 1
47 Monster Mutt Roxy - DC 1

Thank you once again to our series sponsor COW RC and our Pro Mod class sponsor CPE.

Our next race will be on Saturday March 15th 2014. So get your monsters ready! For more information, pictures and videos please check out the Michigan Monsters of RC Facebook page.

OH and here is the nose dive of the day!!!!