My Chassis Design I want to make.....preorders???

This spot is for companies not on this forum to announce new products. You must be a company owner to post topics here!
jreynolds5

My Chassis Design I want to make.....preorders???

Post by jreynolds5 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 am

As some of you guys know I put a feeler out about doing a modified version of Danielle Colens DMC chassis on the Tamiya Clodbuster Owners Society's page This is something that I want to do. This is what my final chassis and price will be. It will be that drawing....the pic is Danielle's. What I will be selling is just the chassis plates. Due to the many different options of spacers and screws I figured I would just drop the price and let the buyer choose what they want. I will include a diagram with recommended sizes. I plan on offering this chassis for $160 shipped. There will be approximately 12 chassis available for purchase. This chassis will be 6061 T6 aluminum.

Now there is only one hangup on this. My wife isn't too keen on me drop a fat wad of cash on this so I want to do a pre-order if I can. If I can have 6 people pay up-front and pre-order their chassis then I can pull the trigger on this. I already have machining lined up and have a 2-3 week delivery time to me so a 3-4 week to you. If you are seriously interested in preordering please let me know. I want to have at least 6 ready before I accept any payment. Thanks. Hope we can do this!

I am looking at a production start of mid January. I am also looking at maybe having a few other parts produced at the same time. servo mounts, shock/lonk mounts etc

P.S.
I know i am new here but there are quite a few people who have done business with me and I also run a vinyl business on the side and have too many deals to count thru facebook with that....wordwide. http://www.facebook.com/VinylStickersDecals feel free to check it out! Shirts, hats, stickers, decals, paintmasks....etc

My Design

The original design

Justinswraps
Business Member

Re: My Chassis Design I want to make.....preorders???

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:28 am

Jays a good dude, don't have to worry with him. Hope you can get enough orders Jay
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Jay sounds obvious but if you want pre orders your best bet is to build a truck with the chassis you are offering and start a build thread in the clod section.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

jreynolds5

Post by jreynolds5 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:36 pm

I agree, but unfortunately sinceiI have no way to machine this myself I have to outsource it and that makes it 3 times more expensive to have 1 made vs 15. I wish iI had the machines to do this my self... I have the skills....lol

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:04 pm

While I'm not a fan of aluminum, I do think it looks like a nice design, and I see you have made provisions for dual batteries as well, nice. :thumbsup:

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:10 pm

jreynolds5 wrote:I agree, but unfortunately sinceiI have no way to machine this myself I have to outsource it and that makes it 3 times more expensive to have 1 made vs 15. I wish iI had the machines to do this my self... I have the skills....lol
Yes that will be frustrating having the skills but not the machinery to make them in your shoes I would go for it am certain once you do a nice build thread they would sell. Am sure other members would agree as well.

I guess the hard part is convincing the wife lol. Well good luck I hope you get your six pre orders :P :popcorn:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead