Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 am

I will as soon as CPE ships my parts!! im pumped, Im guessing CPE took some vacation time for Christmas and New years i ordered my goodies on the 28th and no confirmation yet

whitejoe88

Post by whitejoe88 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Hey all name is Joe from Orange County ny been I'm rc for about 12yrs now. Mostly traxxas and hpi. Recently just got into the shafty and have a brand new axial smt10 I'm building and a ax10 I started to build that will probbaly go up for sale.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Welcome to the site Joe!
Jeff

Notanotherclod

Post by Notanotherclod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello I'm TJ I have been involved in RC on and off for 20 plus years. I have recently caught the clod bug and starting racing them here in New England. I also do some rock racing and scale crawling stuff. Thanks for having me!!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 am

Welcome! There is a few of us here that like crawling as well! Be sure to check out the Shaft truck section.
Jeff

Dmart76

Post by Dmart76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:24 am

Hi all- new here and wanted to drop a quick line and intro. Turned 40 a few months ago, have a 20 month daughter. Moved to MN a few years ago... originally from IN, but have lived in NY and GA. Been into rc cars since I was a teen. Started out with a rockbuster, broke it in half during winter month outdoor play... dad felt bad for me and then it was on to bigger and badder rides. Which brings me to this: I've had a clodbuster for 26 years that my dad and I built. It's bone stock and was just recently brought out of hibernation. I'm looking to do some modifications without totally breaking the bank. On here hoping to seek advice on what I can do to bring it back to life!!

gates72ss
Approved Member

Post by gates72ss » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Hey guys new member here , not new to rc but just joining the clod sites..Name is terry everyone calls me tee , i have a small custom car shop in w.mass and been building and tinkering with rc's almost my whole life ..Also started the facebook page western mass rc ...
have a few clods as well as juggs , hi lifts , txts , etc etc ...just wanted to drop in and say whats up !!
Many new and old school rc's , been in the game for a while lol

Delo1605

Post by Delo1605 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey, new guy to the forum too. My name is Mike, from just outside Philly. 42, been into R/C on and off for about 30 years. Always loved the Tamiya stuff, Monster Beetle being my first real one. I'm mainly a basher, just like to play around, have a few nitro trucks, but I have always loved the Clod. Mine is an original from the first year that my buddy bought new. I have had it at least 20 years, and it needed some updating. I didn't want to put a chassis under it, so I just kept it on the shelf. I found this site, saw Andys super stocker, and that was what I was looking for, so I'm almost done with it. Thanks for the great site.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Welcome!

We look forward to seeing some postings/pics of things as you guys progress with your trucks! :popcorn:

matt1ptkn

Post by matt1ptkn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello to everyone! I've lurked around here for a while, and am a member over on RC10talk, and finally decided that I should just join here as well. My gateway RC was a Nikko Mascot for Xmas in '87 and my first real RC was a Clod for Xmas in '88. I still have both in working order. The Clod has been heavily modified and I'm actually looking to change it up a little bit again. I'll be posting some ESC questions shortly over in the electronics area. I just recently acquired an Emaxx and have wanted one for many years. Finally found an after Xmas deal on a brushless one, although it has some crash damage, it should clean up well. I also have a stock Clod with original MSC that is just good, simple fun from time to time.
Anyway, thanks for letting me join up, and I look forward to being a part of the community!
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 am

Welcome mate. I wish I could say that I owned a Clod from new, but the Blackfoot was as big as Santa's budget allowed. I wish I still had that one though!

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi guys, Im new and happy to have found this great clodtalk. I got a few clods/bullhead and a txt, as well as a mad force kruiser w clod size tires/wheels.

I live in a igloo and ride a snowdog team sled too work :shock: JK, but I am up in canada :lol:

Debating if I wana make my sawback into a monster jeep. I forgot the name of the yellow 1:1 jeep but something like that, there was also a swb bronco too.

KONG
Approved Member

Post by KONG » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome to Coldtalk.
NorthernNightmare wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm
Debating if I wana make my sawback into a monster jeep. I forgot the name of the yellow 1:1 jeep but something like that, there was also a swb bronco too.
The yellow jeep monster truck would be High Voltage.

NorthernNightmare
Approved Member

Post by NorthernNightmare » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Yup thats the one, thanks 8)

I got the jeep on bigger 2.2, but just never liked scale crawler driving, so i might as well just do it. The biggest problem will be the axle uses real u-bolts, so a big lift will be tricky.

quickta

Post by quickta » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:31 pm

hello there , just joined the forum , my name is Dana (male), looking to do a clod build soon, when i was younger i had a clodbuster with a Bennett II suspension, i think with Trinity monster mash motors (yellow cans) , looking forward to the forum