Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:21 am

BloodClod wrote:
Diamond Dave wrote:I was trying to be sarcastic, good to see you here again.
lol... I know! :)

Was surprised I could still get in here. The admin should really look into the security of this place. <grin>

Will be looking around and hope to catch up with the old faces and get to know all the great new folks.
Well I thought we had things all secure around here but I think Halgar has been leaving the gates unlocked again.... :mrgreen:

LAV25

Post by LAV25 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Howdy all, Val here. If you recognize my username, I've been kicking about on the now-defunct RC Daggerweb, RCCrawler, and Scale RC 4x4 for a few years now.

My first RC was a Hornet back in....'86? Anyway, followed by a Lunch Box, then a Kyosho Turbo Optima, which I bought just before the Optima Mid came out and all the hopups and spares dried up.

I've had several decade-long absences from the hobby, so I don't want to seem like I'm trying to come across as some sort of old-time guru or anything. Got my first Clod (a used Bullhead) about ten or twelve years ago, but immediately converted it into a crawler-ish thing with a homebuilt cutting board chassis:

The body ended up getting used in my first serious custom job. My first car in my current round of RC was a Wild Dagger, then I found a Wild Willy 2k used, so I got out the cutting board and aluminum C-channel again and created Grond, a Dagger-based 6x6:

After that, I started to get into the scale thing, so I bought some Axial axles, another Bullhead body (which cost an arm and a leg, since they hadn't been re-released yet) and made Friendly Towing Service, which has a Tamiya semi three-speed transmission in it:

Picked up another used Clod somewhere in there for spare parts for the crawler, but almost immediately lost interest in crawling, so they've been sitting gathering dust. I was working on a project involving a King Hauler that didn't really work out though, so I took the body, got some inspiration, and made a drag truck with a 3d printed chassis of my own design. The jury's still out on the performance of that one, but it looks pretty nice:

The point, however, is that I need a break. Yup, figuring things out is fun, having completely one of a kind trucks is cool, but I think I need to get back to my roots RC-wise and build a bumbledydumptious basher Clod. I'll start a thread on it soon, but basically, I'm going to go with minimal modding, using, as much as possible, parts that are already in the house. 4 link, axle mounted steering, oil shocks, some bracing, and a new body, and I'll call myself a happy camper and head off to the park to let the dogs chase me around.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and I look forward to becoming a member of this community.
Yeah, I'm the guy you saw hammering in screws with a pipe wrench, why do you ask?

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Welcome to the board Val! You have some really nice looking rigs! I am curious how you got the Vector wheel in the rear deep dish on the drag truck? Are those the RC4WD wheels modified? Please post up in a thread your build of it if you have more pictures!

Once again, welcome! 8)
Jeff

Tanker10

Post by Tanker10 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello, my name is Joe. I live in Roseville Ca. I've been into RC something since 1971. Started with 1/12 scale on road cars and have owned most everything since then. My latest venture, for the last two years, has been 1/16 scale Tamiya and Taigen rc tanks. My last experience with Clod Busters was back in the late 80's. I have just ordered another Clod and it should be here on the 23rd. Looking at some of the builds here, I've noticed things have really changed with what is now available for the Clod so it's like I will be starting and learning all over again. I look forward to learning from all of you and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions so please be patient with this noob.

Joe

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Welcome! ... and feel free to ask-away. There are no stupid questions here.
Now stupid answers?... no promises... :rofl:

I went through the same thing back in 2010. I was amazed at how the hobby and advances in what was available for the clod had changed since I got out of the hobby in the early 90's.

Tanker10

Post by Tanker10 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

andymac0035 wrote:Welcome! ... and feel free to ask-away. There are no stupid questions here.
Now stupid answers?... no promises... :rofl:

I went through the same thing back in 2010. I was amazed at how the hobby and advances in what was available for the clod had changed since I got out of the hobby in the early 90's.

Thanks for the welcome. Is there a vendors list anywhere on the site? I used to buy from Thunder Tech (i believe) are they still around? Where else can I go for upgrade parts? Thanks for the help.

Joe

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:41 am

There is a vender page. CPE is another good option for parts and is listed in the vender section.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:20 am

Brad from TTR is an active member here. I would say send him a PM asking about any TTR stuff you want to check on.

There's a lot of ways to go as far as build-ups. I like messing with the stock chassis, but I also have a terminator that's in constant evolution as well.

Tanker10

Post by Tanker10 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 pm

andymac0035 wrote:Brad from TTR is an active member here. I would say send him a PM asking about any TTR stuff you want to check on.

There's a lot of ways to go as far as build-ups. I like messing with the stock chassis, but I also have a terminator that's in constant evolution as well.
Thank you for the information. I think I will do as I did before, build it stock, learn, and as I become familiar again will start some upgrades. I had a Rage chassis in the past and it worked for what I was doing with the truck so I may go the same route. Thanks again.

Joe

probusa1

Post by probusa1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:48 am

hi guys I'm Paul from Oxfordshire o/ .

hope you can all help me out with a middle age crisis lol

speak soon

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Welcome! There's a few others from your side of the pond on here.

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 am

Hi everyone, My name is Thomas. Im from Michigan, Ive been In the rc hobby for 20 years. ive owned a couple of clods in my past but nothing to crazy. Im starting to get the parts together for my first ever ground up racing clod build. I placed a big order on the 28th of December with CPE just waiting on them to give me a shipping confirmation or some type of reply to my emails an phone calls. Im really excited to be apart of the clod talk family. I also just picked up this awesome body from ebay tell me what you guys think! also here is a little parts list of what i picked up from CPE I think it should be a nice set up!!!

1 x CPE-AXL1CF: Clodbuster Carbon Fiber Inner Axle Stiffeners

1 x CPE-AXL5: Clodbuster Rubber Sealed Bearing Set

1 x CPE-HRKNUCKLE: Clodbuster/TXT Aluminum Steering Knuckles

2 x CPE-PIN13: Replacement 13T/32P Steel Pinion

1 x CPE-XVD1: Clodbuster/TXT CVD/XVD Axle Set

1 x CPE-VELBMTCF: Velcro Body Mount Kit - CF

1 x CPE-TRMCFKIT2K15: Complete Terminator 2K15 Chassis Kit - CF

2 x CPE-CCSV35700: Sidewinder SV3/5700kv Brushless Motor Combo

1 x CPER-BTA1CF: Replacement Carbon Fiber BTA Tie-Rod

2 x CPE-SHK6: GMade XA 103mm Aeration Shock Set

2 x CPE-TRIBb: Clodbuster Tribute Wheel Pair - Black

2 x CPE-RENEGADEb: Clodbuster Renegades Monster Truck Tires - Soft

1 x CPE-SPA1212_25: 12mm-12mm 1/4" Machined Aluminum Wheel Wideners

2 x CPE-TRIBg: Clodbuster Tribute Wheel Pair - Grey

2 x CPE-FIRESTORMg: Clodbuster Firestorm Monster Truck Tires - Med

1 x CPE-AXL3: Clodbuster "Quick Change" Axle Tube Hardware Upgrade

1 x CPE-AXL4: Clodbuster Button Head Gearbox Hardware Upgrade

1 x CPE-632TAP: #6-32 Steel Hand Tap

Body from Ebay

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:14 am

Looks like somebodies off to a great start! .... and welcome!

Adrianharrison

Post by Adrianharrison » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 am

Hi just a new member saying hi.. I have a few Tamiya models including the a clodbuster..

So far I have added full roller bearings from day one, Titan 550 with a hobbywing 860 ESC that I always use 4s with..
There are some parts coming from Crawford engineering to help with the handling of the truck that I cannot wait to fit..
Next up I want to fit some adjustable motor mounts and 18t pinons

Adrian

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Welcome everyone.

Don't forget to start a thread on your builds. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.