Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
andymac0035
Administrator

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm

You can edit your profile under the user control panel (look above where you click to log out).
Or you can post your location and I'll do it for you.

As for modern cars, it's not all bad... but you do have to pick and choose. I used to own a 2005 Dodge Ram I think you would have liked.
4.7L V8 with 6-speed manual tranny and manual t-case.... one year only option on the 6-speed, as they ditched the manual t-case in 2006.
That said..... what I really wanted was a V8 5-speed dakota.

My Dad used to have a nice Dodge as well. It was a 1976 Power Wagon half-ton 4x4 with the snow-fighter package (meyer plow) on it. Had a 318 in it with an automatic.
He was a mechanic, usually for Ford, but worked on them all. I owned a lot of Fords, but liked my Dodges too.

Mopar Marv

Post by Mopar Marv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

Cool, I'll see if I can figure the location thing out.

My next door neighbor has a really sweet '89/ '90 Dakota with a soft top that I'd like to get my greasy mitts on. I'm sixty two years old and I've only seen one before this.

My major issue with newer wreckage is how INSANE the wiring is now. My wife has a '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4 that just dropped dead a couple of years ago, it spins over but no spark. And the worst part, it won't communicate with a scanner ,so I'm completely in the dark on the hateful beast. I borrowed an evilly expensive short detector and no luck there either. And I'm no stranger when it comes to automotive wiring, in my early twenties I installed a complete 400 HP with operational Lean Burn system out of a totalled off '77 Cordoba into my old '65 Plymouth Satelite 2 door and it worked flawlessly.

Anyways, I've been picking away at the Cherokee off and on since then, changing sensors, pick-up units, etc.... to no avail . So we bought a running parts truck[insurance write off] and I ripped out the entire wiring harness. So my next mission, once the weather improves, is changing the engine wiring harness, which is gonna be a major headache.

Like the driver's seat has to come out, just to get enough room to move under the dash , then the steering column and most of the dash have to be stripped out, just to get at the connector and un-plug the engine harness, after that there is like a hundred sensors , etc... to disconnect ! I figure it will take the better part of a week just to replace the engine harness and get it all put back together. If it doesn't run after that, I'm going to blow the P.O.S. right off the face of the planet :explosion: .
Then I'll patch the bit of rust on the wife's second truck, a '92 Cherokee Limited 4X4, take it in for a wheel alignment and she can drive it instead.
The Manic Mechanic

Jonmad99
Approved Member

Post by Jonmad99 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

Hey everybody. Just getting into rc. 36 years old. I've always loved monster trucks and have wanted to build a replica rc. I remember a lot of the originals from the 80s so I want to build something that not everybody has. Looking forward to starting.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Welcome!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Welcome aboard. Lot's of great builds here to get your juices flowing. Start your own build thread when you get going on your project. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Owl

Post by Owl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 am

:) Hi folks! Just recently got back into rc cars after a 30+year break. My main passion is building rc vintage planes, and thermal soaring, but now it's time to revisit my childhood. I have ordered a super clodbuster, and am excited that there is a forum for them!!!!

Ill start a thread over by the motor on axle forum.

Al

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Welcome!