Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Re: Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by Diamond Dave » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 am

It took you way to long Mike, A ton of info here as well.

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys...well, except for Halgar...
:)

Fun4All
Approved Member

Post by Fun4All » Fri May 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello Everyone
My real name is Darren and I’m from southern Alberta, Canada and I’m a millwright by trade. The Clodbuster was my first land RC about 30 years ago. The Clod has been sitting the last 15 years as a shelf queen and it’s time to breathe new life into it and build it into a crawler/basher. It’s in a fleet of 7 trucks, 9 helicopters, 10 quads, 2 boats and 3 planes. As you can tell I got bit hard by the RC bug. I buy them broken fit them up so I can have the fun of breaking them. If you don’t, you’re just not pushing hard enough to get better. This looks like a great site with some very knowledgeable people to pick minds on how to do it right.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Fri May 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Nice Arsenal Darren and welcome to Clodtalk!
Jeff

Toles

Post by Toles » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:00 am

Hey all, Just signed up to the forum.
I"m coming up 40, and based in Auckland NZ. I've just got back into some RC action again after a ~20 year absence...
My main hobby for the past 20 years has been yachting, and I own and race a 30ft yacht here in Auckland.
Previously had done a bit of stock carpet racing with a Kyosho Pure 10 years ago....but always wanted a clod.

I got a Monster Beetle recently, while off work due to a knee injury and enjoyed that build so much I just "happened" to order a clod kit accidentally on night.

I am currently building it up. (I got the "Chrome edition" not realising the body is completely unpaintable! On the look for a well priced body set if anyone can advise on a reasonable priced source- most seem VERY expensive when you price up all the bits you ).

Anyway - being that I'm a bit of a project guy, I was intending to do a build with a 4 link set off the gun, however after ordering parts from CPE , I have been realising that the kits that come seem to be lacking quite a few core bolts etc etc, and are not quite straight installs.

So I'm currently crashing ahead and installing the standard suspension arms vs the link set up. Mainly so I can get the Clod going while I figure out whats needed to complete the mods. I'l peruse the forum for answers hopefully!

I've got a 4 link kit, lower link brackets, upper link brackets, 15T motors and G Made shocks on standby to go on....

Like many here - it appears I've been bitten by the Bug....and I'm enjoying it :)

Cheers,

Anatole.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:13 am

Toles wrote:My main hobby for the past 20 years has been yachting, and I own and race a 30ft yacht here in Auckland.
Previously had done a bit of stock carpet racing with a Kyosho Pure 10 years ago....but always wanted a clod.
First, welcome to the site, second . . . how do you carpet race a yacht? :-k :wink: :mrgreen:

You'll find lots of great folks and great info here. Enjoy yourself, and don't forget to post up your build process and progress. 8)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

kyleman7
Approved Member

Post by kyleman7 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:58 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'm Kyle, an avid rc enthusiast (addict). I used to race a T-maxx and revo when that was a thing. But recently I've had a hankering for something more realistic and as such I just purchased my first clod and I'm excited for my new money pit!

I'm hoping to glean all kinds of great info here.

ihcubguy
Approved Member

Post by ihcubguy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:55 am

Hello everyone, my name is Chad Bingaman. I hail from Northumberland Pennsylvania and I am a munincipal worker by trade. Up until 2 years ago I was also a part time farmer but unfortunately my dad decided to retire from it and sold all the farming equipment. We still own the farm which has been in my family since 1805. We kept our old tractors as we are big into antique tractors as our main hobby and have between 35 or 40 between garden and farm tractors. Our favorite brand is IH.

When I was in middle school between 1988 and 1991 I received a ClodBuster as a Christmas present from my parents. It came with a Futaba Magnum Junior radio and a MRC battery charger. Being a kid once the truck was assembled I couldn't wait to use it and within the first week of running it without the body painted it had an incident where it barrel rolled down a hill about 40 ft and split the body in 2. So quite promptly it received a new clear Ford F series body that was professionally painted and decaled to look like Bigfoot. It also received the chassis braces at this time to ward off the cracking issue's. I ran it hard for a few years without any problems and then high school started and other things started to take up my time at school as well as assuming a larger roll than before on our farm when not doing school activities. The poor ole Clod just got left in storage up until about 3 years ago when I got it from my parents and moved it to our house to start replacing broken parts and getting it up and running again for out 4 year old daughter and to be born son to enjoy. Sadly our son was stillborn and the truck got put back in storage again. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago at a local carnival where there is a church that has a race track set up for kids to run a 5 minute race with 1/10 cars. After talking with the pastor he informed me that they have a full size track where they let kids race. After telling him about my Clod he invited me to bring it to one of their races so he could see it. So I am now thinking about it again and really want to get it finished up again and get her rolling. Right now I will have many questions as I am sorta learning this stuff all over again. Hopefully they won't be too dumb of questions. Well that about sums it up.

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:26 am

Welcome to the site. You'll find a whole lot of great guys and info here.
ihcubguy wrote:So I am now thinking about it again and really want to get it finished up again and get her rolling. Right now I will have many questions as I am sorta learning this stuff all over again. Hopefully they won't be too dumb of questions. Well that about sums it up.
There is rarely such a thing as a dumb question. The best thing to do would be to start your own thread on the repair/rebuild of your rig and ask there, or you can find the appropriate specific forum and topic to ask, that is up to you. I can tell you that the tech has changed greatly since 1991, so anything you did know about motors and electronics is long obsolete. Don't worry, the guys here will guide you through all the new gear available.

I recommend you take the time to dig through our different forums, you'll not only find answers to many of your questions, you're going to see what other guys are doing with their rigs to give you ideas and direction for your own build. At any rate, enjoy and don't be afraid to ask. 8)

hrlyjj

Post by hrlyjj » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:12 pm

New to the page, relatively new to Clods. 30 plus years in the hobby and finally bought my first new Clod, now I have three. One restored and two Superclods with vintage grills and tail-gates. Currently building a CPE race clod, mostly in the past I was into speed rc's. Now mainly crawlers both comp and scale and of course Clods, other hobbies is my Harleys. I look forward to learning and sharing on this site. Thank you for allowing me in!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Welcome JJ. You'll find lots of info here on clods and the mods we've all done to make them our own brand of crazy. Have a look around, jump in whenever the water feels right.

Tamtruk1

Post by Tamtruk1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:16 am

Hi all
I'm a returning member from the old pages
(probably around 2005ish) having just hit 40 and tamiya Re releasing the blackfoot has kick started my tamiya habit again!!
So in the last week I have picked up a re re blackfoot and midnight pumpkin and a very light used txt1 much to my wife's dismay lol
Think a new era chassis clod is needed now too lol
Oh and I'm sure I'll have many questions about this new brushless stuff to come
Thanks Rob

winebuster
Approved Member

Post by winebuster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:35 am

Hello Everyone
I was born in 1976 and I live in Italy, Piemonte. I am a wine producer with the passion of Clod Buster. I just have one, My parents bought it in 1987 and I still love it, now with my first son (7yrs) we play together.
I have passion also for the real tractor and earth moving machines that I happen to use on my land.

EDIT: Just starting my 2 new projects. 1st one is probably going to be a "Cross-Buster" whilst the second will certainly be a "Trial-Buster".

Thanks,
Tom
Last edited by winebuster on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 am

Welcome to the Forum Rob and Tom! Please be sure to start a thread on your trucks! Be happy to see what you have done!
Jeff

JRR1285

Post by JRR1285 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:14 am

Hi, my name is Josh and I've been coming to the site on and off for a while. Finally decided to join.

I have always been interested in Clod Busters but have not pulled the trigger on one yet. I have numerous RC's many of which are Tamiya.

I've been trying to figure out if a TXT-2, Axial based monster truck, or Clod Buster would be best to build. I'm confident this site can help me figure it out.