Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Halgar
Administrator

Welcome New Clodtalk Members!

Post by Halgar » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:46 pm

There has been an increase in new faces lately. Welcome to Clodtalk everyone. Make a post here and tell us a little about yourselves. Make yourselves at home and enjoy the place.

Again, welcome to Clodtalk.
Last edited by Halgar on Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

robneville73

Post by robneville73 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:24 pm

I've made several posts already but....I'm still pretty green

My name's Rob Neville and I live in Rock Hill, South Carolina (just south of Charlotte, NC). I'm a software engineering manager at RedPrairie (http://www.RedPrairie.com) and I'm a second-year MBA night student at Wake Forest University. I'm 31, married with 2.5 kids (one on the way, due in about 3 months). I grew up in southeastern Wisconsin and went to college there and got a degree in Biology.

I built my first real R/C (a Kyosho Optima) when I was a kid. My pop was always into big nitro R/C planes and tried to get me into cars. I never painted the top to it and had a crappy charger, no money and got frustrated with the mechanical speed control (ignorant at the time that there was any other choice)....so it got put on a shelf.

Fast forward to this year I ended up hiring an old high school buddy of mine from Wisconsin. After he was moved in he showed me his T-Maxx and I was impressed. I then started poking around my parents basement looking for that old Kyosho and found it, got it running again and got totally hooked into R/C.

I'm a huge off-roader and love rock crawling with my 1:1 scale Jeep and have been doing that for some time.

As a result I told my buddy that it would be cool if someone made an R/C truck you could rock crawl with...I said that would be awesome!....then I found mudcow.com and that was all she wrote :lol:

You guys have been very very helpful so far. I've got plans for the clod, just need some time to work on it but I'll be sure and post my progress as I go.
Attachments
mudpit_small.jpg
mudpit_small.jpg (32.04 KiB) Viewed 7767 times
Clodbuster w/ LRP F1 Pro ESC
Kyosho Optima w/ESC and 17t motor

brushlesspede

Hello to All

Post by brushlesspede » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:42 pm

Hi everyone I'm brand new to clodtalk and clod trucks. I'm 31 years old and I have been into rc's for about 6 years now. Started off with nitro's but got tiered of tuning, cleaning, and rebuilding all the time, so I went electric and love it, just turn on the switch and go!!! I have owned about 20 different rc's all trucks of some kind big and small, but I have never even laid my eyes on a clod/txt/jugg. The best thing about this hobby is that I'm starting to share it with my 5 year old son. I bought him a stampede and he loves it.

Peter
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

t_money

Post by t_money » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:50 am

Well my real names Tony, im 19 years old. I have been into RC for a little over 10 years. My first vehicle of course was a clod 2 that I still have.
I have nine clods, three of which are for racing, three are for crawling and the other three are for bashing.

I live in michigan, preping for college at wyotech for collision repair and street rod rebuild. After that i am looking for towards Michigan State for business school.

I love RC and race regulary at my local track, wether it be on road or off road, and of which my favorite is crawling.

RyanTuomi
Approved Member

Post by RyanTuomi » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:54 pm

robneville73 wrote: I'm a huge off-roader and love rock crawling with my 1:1 scale Jeep and have been doing that for some time.
NICE JEEP!

Welcome home.

roog909

Post by roog909 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:29 pm

hi i'm roog from the netherlands, 22 yrs old. been into clod's for about 5 years now, i have three of them, and a juggy2. Building is the main fun for me in r/c. homebrew customizing is what I love. I study communications at the university of amsterdam, and i also am a partime house Dj/Producer.

ciao!

roog
that's as ace as kylie and danni on yer couch at the same time, and that's ace boy IT IS!!

corey

Post by corey » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:37 pm

Hi all, I'm Corey. I started this thread and then found the stickie. :roll:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:58 pm

corey wrote:Hi all, I'm Corey. I started this thread and then found the stickie. :roll:
It was actually the other way around, Corey. 8) 8) It was yours and the other threads from new members that prompted this one. Welcome one and all to Clodtalk.

Cavatude
Approved Member

Post by Cavatude » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:54 pm

Hey ya'll...names Mark fron Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. 24 years of age and been into R/C's since I was 9, but could never really afford a clod till I was 19. I've been all about monster trucks from then on, go big or go home :lol:

I love looking at all the trick rides you guy's have and look forward to seeing many more works of art. Later!

Mark

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:47 am

Cavatude wrote:Hey ya'll...names Mark fron Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. 24 years of age and been into R/C's since I was 9, but could never really afford a clod till I was 19. I've been all about monster trucks from then on, go big or go home :lol:

I love looking at all the trick rides you guy's have and look forward to seeing many more works of art. Later!

Mark
Hey cav
Good to see ya on this board, Welcome and enjoy the rides

Alfy
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

rokclod'n

Post by rokclod'n » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:14 am

My name is Jay, I live in a cornfield called Nebraska (Omaha)! Been into clods for about 9 years. I have 4 running clods and enough parts to assemble 7 more. One day I might get to build them! I'm a diesel mechanic that also works at the local hobby shop when time allows. I gotta say that having this site available is totally kick.........

Krawln Kaos

Post by Krawln Kaos » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:07 am

Hi everyone. My name is Dan and I live in the L.A. area here in California. I bought my first Clod about 15 years ago and an ex- girlfriend sold it at a yard sale for 10.00 dollars :cry: . Recently I founr this forum then I knew I just had to go out and buy another one. Whats better is that I now have the money to hop it up. :D

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 pm

Welcome one and all. 8) 8)

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:54 pm

Sold it for $10.... Man she would have been shot on site!. Crazy women! They just don't know what they have until it's gone. :D
Thorp Big Brute,JrX10 (RC10 and JrX2 combined), 26.5" Nitro Swamp buggy, TLT/Emaxx Hybrid, 2 TLT Custom Scale Jeeps, 1 TLT Unimog, Blackfoot, Grasshopper w/black`foot conversion, 1/6 Jeep TJ & Misc. Vintage Sears RC

jwrape
Approved Member

Post by jwrape » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:54 pm

Oh yea..... Welcome to all! :D
Thorp Big Brute,JrX10 (RC10 and JrX2 combined), 26.5" Nitro Swamp buggy, TLT/Emaxx Hybrid, 2 TLT Custom Scale Jeeps, 1 TLT Unimog, Blackfoot, Grasshopper w/black`foot conversion, 1/6 Jeep TJ & Misc. Vintage Sears RC