The home page pic contest

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
andymac0035
Administrator

The home page pic contest

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 am

As of right now I have stopped it due to... well... lack of interest. Getting entries was just not going well.

My thoughts on what to try next would be for you guys to look through the builds and post up a pick of a truck you like. That's means any truck, does not have to be yours, does not have to have a proper build thread, and does not need to be recent. If it's posted in the website anywhere... it's fair game. Just post the pic, and a link to the page where you found it. This way it's all about the truck/pic, keeping it simple. It does need to be a truck, or off-road vehicle of some sort, just like the old contest, but that's it. So basically, if you see a truck on here somewhere that you' like... post it up and lets have fun.

What are your thoughts about the future of the pic contest going forward? Like my idea?... Have one of your own to offer?

GRAVETXT-1

Re: The home page pic contest

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:59 am

Bummer I finally have a finished truck to enter I was waiting for next competition to be announced so I could enter... however with the lack of interest maybe your idea Andy is a good one Clodtalk would not look the same without some sort of monthly winner.

Actually the more I think about it I like your idea Andy there have been so many times I wished people had entered their truck and then they don't enter. Even prompting people. Now I can enter their truck whether they like it or not... kind of cool really and I think it will boost entries as well.

Good call Andy :thumbsup:
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

87lc2
Approved Member

Post by 87lc2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:17 am

Agreed, I think the photo contest is a great idea as well. As Alex said, I always see cool projects that members post and never enter into the contest. The only downside is what Alex hinted at, when someone completes a new project and specifically wants to enter it into the monthly contest. Then again, if they post a build or photo thread that would be as good as entering.

matt1ptkn

Post by matt1ptkn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

I have been a bit sad about the lack of entries in the BOTM contest, too. I'd love to enter more, but I really don't have many contest worthy vehicles, let alone trucks. :roll: I think your idea sounds great. I assume after X number of photos are submitted, there would be a poll created. Is that correct? Also, if someone finishes a build, can he then submit a new photo directly to the photo contest thread?
-Matt

My Trucks

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 pm

I'd like to see at least 5 entry's, but I can let it go as high as 10 on any given month (ten it the limit for polls).

I don't care if you post your own build, so long as it has a thread reference somewhere.

SO I guess... a pic of a truck... a username of the owner of it (at the time said pic was posted originally).... and we are good to go.
actually, I don't care if the usename is referenced in the entry, just a link to the thread where the pic came from.

If we do this, it will be all about the truck in the pic, not the owner or builder, as I feel that's the best way to get more entries.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Sounds good to me Andy :)
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead, Tech Noir

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 am

Okay, the first of the new contest pic threads is up!

Another change I am making is that the winners circle threads will be coming to an end.
The contest threads will stay open, and all the chatter will happen there.
I will leave the winner's circle threads in place though (for viewing).