What do you want to see in 2017 for the mt world

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

What do you want to see in 2017 for the mt world

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:58 pm

What are you guys wanting to see happen in the R/C monster truck world for 2017? More axles? more scale chassis that preform? more tires? more wheels? more aftermarket support for the older truck that we still drive today(clod, txt1/2, ect.)?

post it up here and lets see your thoughts for the world of R/C monster truck's

SFC K
Administrator

Re: What do you want to see in 2017 for the mt world

Post by SFC K » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:02 am

For me, I would love to see Axial add some more options, body wise and start pounding Traxxas in the throat. :mrgreen:

I think with all the options out their now, MT based trucks has more options then you can shack a stick at. I think the chassis support is their as well. Its a good time to be involved in the MT craze and the support has just blown up.
Jeff

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:45 am

SFC K wrote:For me, I would love to see Axial add some more options, body wise and start pounding Traxxas in the throat. :mrgreen: .

That's good enough for me! =D> :rofl:
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 am

You would both whistle a different tune if traxxas were to build a solid axle monster truck. :P

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 am

Tamiya TXT-3..,,. With Clod sized wheels and tyres; TXT-2 chassis with a realistic upper cage; redesigned tranny with low motor position; strong driveshafts.

Remo Hobby goes mainstream with their 2.2 truck and it turns out to be super reliable.

HPI rere the Wheely King with the CK wheelbase, steel tranny gears, stronger diff gears and brushless combo.

Jconcepts makes 2.2 version of their Renegade tyres, 137 x 90

Jconcepts makes a 2.2 version of their Tribute Wheels - nice and wide to suit their tyres.

Tamiya and Traxxas both release 2.2 solid axle trucks.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:40 pm

andymac0035 wrote:You would both whistle a different tune if traxxas were to build a solid axle monster truck. :P
And they won't because they would have to make a whole new tool. Instead they would rather put a new body on what they already have and call it "NEW"
Jeff

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Sorry to be so predictable but has to be a few more custom chassis designed around TXT platform. Defiance Racing seems to be the only one at the minute. Retro design chassis that uses FULL TXT transmission (not just axles like Grund chassis) none of this will happen though!

As Mark said TXT-3 would be awesome but I think the chances of it releasing anytime soon are unlikely...

Renegade tires in 2.2 format is a genius idea I think this is highly likely to happen. Imagine these tires on a Tamiya Bruiser 8)

Would love to see Ford F-100 hard body hit the market Tamiya Pumpkin body is just too small. Again wishful thinking!
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

GodsLiLMistake
Approved Member

Post by GodsLiLMistake » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:27 pm

I would like to see some 2.2 class solid axle trucks come out also. I think that would be sweet, HPI really could have taken the ball and ran with it in the WK if they would have made more support for the truck but they jumped in with the crawler crowd. I also would like to see mini monster trucks come out. Something along the lines of tlt-1 size. That would be sweet or even losi micro crawler size would be sick. That way you don't have to push hot wheels around the living room you can use your rc micro monster. I'm wondering whose going to be the first one to use a Proline 1/24 Ambush to make a monster truck. From what I see you can use the 1/24 plastic body's and mount them to the chassis. Maybe take a 1/24 monster truck model and use the chassis as a platform.... well I'm rambling on now LOL :explosion:

LETS SEE THE MONSTER TRUCKS GET BIG THIS YEAR!! Maybe 2017 could be the year of the monster truck.....

TweakedTad
Approved Member

Post by TweakedTad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 am

We have more now than we have ever had. I am happy with what we have.

Although I would like to see more body options. I would love a new more compact moa axle but doubt that will ever happen.

Clodosaurus Rex
Approved Member

Post by Clodosaurus Rex » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 pm

More aftermarket support on the Clod, it's not what it used to be.

Plenty of places to get the necessities like chassis and such, but there's been a move towards function over form over the past few years... there's really not that much out there for accessories and add-ons like the drool inducing stuff New Era used to make. Seeing that they closed up shop was the biggest disappointment I had when I jumped back into things, its a real shame.

I get that some of it is "process of elimination," where at this point there's been so much trial and error that we've got a sense of what a "perfectly" designed Clod is but there's also a homogenization going on as well... and that's a shame.

(But since I tend to doubt that anybody will be inspired to open up a high end Clod boutique I'll settle for somebody doing a video of a 6x6x6 with Jumbo Kong duallies running ridiculous kv brushless and at least 4s... because one of you maniacs MIGHT be inspired by THAT image! :lol: )

blazincody
Approved Member

Post by blazincody » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am

I would love to see Parma re-release the Chevy2000 body, I did find out that they sell Samson bodies tho! just got 2 in the mail.
Imex putting out the All T-Dawg, Road Dawg or dually, Agian
Tamiya releasing the txt-1 or Juggernaut 2 would be amazing.

BUT.....What i am most excited for in 2017 spring/summer is......Clodzilla 5. :shock: I Talked to the guys at esp today and spring-ish the website be back up offering a hand full of parts. Clodzilla 2 chassis, cant's for it. ESP lift plates, bumpers & lights.......oh ya Did i say Zilla 5???????? =D>

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:41 pm

SFC K wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:40 pm
andymac0035 wrote:You would both whistle a different tune if traxxas were to build a solid axle monster truck. :P
And they won't because they would have to make a whole new tool. Instead they would rather put a new body on what they already have and call it "NEW"

:nana: :butthead:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general- ... 110-a.html

nosyajg
Approved Member

Post by nosyajg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:10 am

wow...i want one!

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

I think I just puked in my mouth. :mrgreen: At $500, they can keep it. :roll:
Jeff

ratpower396
Approved Member

Post by ratpower396 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Tamiya to come out with a new affordable modern 4wd monster similar to the clod and not just a re-release.